Slowness of IE8

Mona5728

Slowness of IE8
My question is this: Why is the Internet Explorer so slow? and Why does my pc
freeze everytime the Internet explorer is downloading the page?
My computer freezes constantly when I use the Internet Explorer. I have
tried several settings on the advanced page but not much seems to make any
diference.
I have even tried the internet explorer with no add ons and there is no
difference.
Any suggestions?

Re: Slowness of IE8
Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version
when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next
reply.

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 &
IE8 in all OSS]

WinXP & Vista: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
Win7:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...lorer-settings

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
What third-party firewall (if any)? WinXP or Vista: Were any of these
applications running in the background when you installed IE8?

it)?

Mona5728 wrote:
> My question is this: Why is the Internet Explorer so slow? and Why does my
> pc freeze everytime the Internet explorer is downloading the page?
> My computer freezes constantly when I use the Internet Explorer. I have
> tried several settings on the advanced page but not much seems to make any
> diference.
> I have even tried the internet explorer with no add ons and there is no
> difference.
> Any suggestions?

<paste from second post>
> The issue I have is this: The internet explorer is very slow to download
> each page and links load even slower. My pc freezes when I use internet
> explorer. What causes this? and What can I do to improve the performance
> of
> the internet explorer?
> Also, the internet explorer uses almost 2MB of memory both physical and
> virtual.
> Any suggestions how to plug the leak?

VanguardLH

Re: Slowness of IE8
Mona5728 wrote:

> My question is this: Why is the Internet Explorer so slow? and Why does my pc
> freeze everytime the Internet explorer is downloading the page?
> My computer freezes constantly when I use the Internet Explorer. I have
> tried several settings on the advanced page but not much seems to make any
> diference.
> I have even tried the internet explorer with no add ons and there is no
> difference.
> Any suggestions?

Also see replies to your SAME post submitted all of 6 minutes later.