delete I.E. 8?

jock

delete I.E. 8?
windows xp sp3. After upgrading to ie 8, computer is slower and does not seem
to function as before downloading IE 8. We use google as our home page and
rarely use ie 8. Would deleting ie 8, in add remove programs, cause any major
problem, and would we revert back to ie 7 after removing? Thank you in
advance.
--
jock

Re: delete I.E. 8?
1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 &
IE8 in all OSS]

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your

it)?

5. How to uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700

jock wrote:
> windows xp sp3. After upgrading to ie 8, computer is slower and does not
> seem to function as before downloading IE 8. We use google as our home
> page
> and rarely use ie 8. Would deleting ie 8, in add remove programs, cause
> any
> major problem, and would we revert back to ie 7 after removing? Thank you
> in advance.

G. R. Woodring

Re: delete I.E. 8?
Date: 2/22/2010 5:13 PM, Author: jock Wrote:
> windows xp sp3. After upgrading to ie 8, computer is slower and does not seem
> to function as before downloading IE 8. We use google as our home page and
> rarely use ie 8. Would deleting ie 8, in add remove programs, cause any major
> problem, and would we revert back to ie 7 after removing? Thank you in
> advance.

Do you mean that you are using Google Chrome as your web browser? Google is a
web page and you would need /some/ browser to access it.

I am running IE8 on WinXP,sp3 and don't notice any performance problems, either
in IE or the system. Try running IE8 in No Add-ons mode, an incompatible add-on
may be trying to do something and failing, eating up CPU cycles as it works
continuously to complete something that should only require a fraction of a
second. Check CPU usage in Task Manager, while displaying a blank or static
page, CPU usage should be near zero.

Removing "Windows Internet Explorer 8" through Add/Remove programs will
automatically revert to IE7.

--
G. R. Woodring
Jeff Strickland

Re: delete I.E. 8?

"jock" <jock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> windows xp sp3. After upgrading to ie 8, computer is slower and does not
> seem
> to function as before downloading IE 8. We use google as our home page and
> rarely use ie 8. Would deleting ie 8, in add remove programs, cause any
> major
> problem, and would we revert back to ie 7 after removing? Thank you in
> advance.
> --
> jock

Google is the page, IE is the browser that brings you the page. It's
nonsensical to say, we use Google as our homepage and rarely use IE8.

You could say, we use Google as our homepage and rarely use Yahoo, or rarely
use MSN. Those would be reasonable statements. Or, you could say, we use
FireFox as our browser and rarely use IE. That would be a reasonable
statement.

Dean L.

RE: delete I.E. 8?