1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?
=> Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet
Explorer (No add-ons).
Troubleshooting and Internet Explorerâ€™s (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 &
IE8 in all OSS]
2. Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advanced settings (RIES)?
3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?
What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these applications running
in the background when you installed IE8?
4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
machine (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought
5. How to uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
> windows xp sp3. After upgrading to ie 8, computer is slower and does not
> seem to function as before downloading IE 8. We use google as our home
> and rarely use ie 8. Would deleting ie 8, in add remove programs, cause
> major problem, and would we revert back to ie 7 after removing? Thank you
> in advance.