Scroll bar unusable until page fully loads - IE8

sduraybito

Scroll bar unusable until page fully loads - IE8
Hi, my scroll bar will not function until every last picture, ad, and goo-gaw
is loaded. Is there a way to get IE8 to release the scroll bar as soon as the
page is rendered?

Thanks,

Peter
VanguardLH

Re: Scroll bar unusable until page fully loads - IE8
sduraybito wrote:

> Hi, my scroll bar will not function until every last picture, ad, and goo-gaw
> is loaded. Is there a way to get IE8 to release the scroll bar as soon as the
> page is rendered?

"as soon as the page is rendered"

That would be after all content has been retrieved so the web browser knows
how to correctly render the web page. Even that last image could change the
layout of the page.

There are several utilities that let you toggle between whether IE will
display images or not. You could turn off images and then, when you want to
see them, toggle them back on (but you will have to refresh the page to
re-render the page's layout).
Leonard Grey

Re: Scroll bar unusable until page fully loads - IE8
All web browsers have similar behavior: The scroll bar needs to be
reconstructed in real time as the page is being rendered. Your choices
are: 1) wait until the page is fully rendered, or 2) click the 'X' to
stop the page from being further downloaded.

Should you choose the second option bear in mind that packets en-route
to your computer may continue to arrive even after you stop the page
from downloading.

If you don't like to wait for ads - join the gathering crowd - install
an ad blocker.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

sduraybito wrote:
> Hi, my scroll bar will not function until every last picture, ad, and goo-gaw
> is loaded. Is there a way to get IE8 to release the scroll bar as soon as the
> page is rendered?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter

sduraybito

Re: Scroll bar unusable until page fully loads - IE8
Mmmm. I can move the scroll bar down before a SharePoint table is fully-loaded.

Inconsistent behavior.

Peter

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> All web browsers have similar behavior: The scroll bar needs to be
> reconstructed in real time as the page is being rendered. Your choices
> are: 1) wait until the page is fully rendered, or 2) click the 'X' to
> stop the page from being further downloaded.
>
> Should you choose the second option bear in mind that packets en-route
> to your computer may continue to arrive even after you stop the page
> from downloading.
>
> If you don't like to wait for ads - join the gathering crowd - install
> an ad blocker.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> sduraybito wrote:
> > Hi, my scroll bar will not function until every last picture, ad, and goo-gaw
> > is loaded. Is there a way to get IE8 to release the scroll bar as soon as the
> > page is rendered?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Peter

> .

Leonard Grey

Re: Scroll bar unusable until page fully loads - IE8
Of course...and as more and more of the table is loaded, watch how the
scroll bar changes.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

sduraybito wrote:

> Mmmm. I can move the scroll bar down before a SharePoint table is fully-loaded.

The attributes of the table, like its size and position, are already defined
when the table object is seen by the web browser in the HTML code before the
rest of its cells are defined. It's not like the web browser has to wait
for more objects to show up to then discover what is their sizing and
positioning in the document.

> Inconsistent behavior.

Because you're talking about inconsistent (different) objects. Different
web browsers also have different speeds for different objects, rendering,
and Javascript interpretation. IE is probably the slowest (sure wish they'd
address this in v9) so if speed is your sole criteria for choice of your
primary web browser then you might want to install a different one, like
Google Chrome.