IE8 Save Picture Problem

Frank

IE8 Save Picture Problem
I have IE 8.06. When I right click and try to save a picture It allways
tries to save it in "MY PICTURES". Is there any way to make it permanentley
go to the folder of my choice???
Frank

ju.c

Re: IE8 Save Picture Problem
Change this registry value from "My Pictures" to another folder:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders]
"My Pictures"="C:\\Path To\\A Folder"

ju.c

"Frank" <fjmet@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:#I637i$sKHA.732@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> I have IE 8.06. When I right click and try to save a picture It allways
> tries to save it in "MY PICTURES". Is there any way to make it permanentley
> go to the folder of my choice???
> Frank

Frank

Re: IE8 Save Picture Problem
I made the change and rebooted. I then rechecked the change with Regedit
and it was there. I then brought up OE and tried to save a picture. It went
back to MY Pictures. I re-checked with regedit and the change was gone. It
seems that OE resets it to My Pictures, since the change was there before I
brought up OE.
Frank

"ju.c" <bibidybubidyboop@mailinator.com> wrote in message
> Change this registry value from "My Pictures" to another folder:
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\Shell
> Folders]
> "My Pictures"="C:\\Path To\\A Folder"
>

> ju.c
>

> "Frank" <fjmet@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
>> I have IE 8.06. When I right click and try to save a picture It allways
>> tries to save it in "MY PICTURES". Is there any way to make it
>> permanentley
>> go to the folder of my choice???
>> Frank

Alan Edwards

Re: IE8 Save Picture Problem
Do you really want to change the location of My Pictures?
That is not the way I interpreted your original post but if so, then
you have been given the wrong information for XP.

For Windows 2000/XP the key to change is to:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\User
Shell Folders]

Ref: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#favorites
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/usershellfolders.htm

....Alan
http://dts-l.com/index.htm

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 22:11:46 -0500, in
microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general, "Frank"
<fjmet@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

>I made the change and rebooted. I then rechecked the change with Regedit
>and it was there. I then brought up OE and tried to save a picture. It went
>back to MY Pictures. I re-checked with regedit and the change was gone. It
>seems that OE resets it to My Pictures, since the change was there before I
>brought up OE.
>Frank
>
>"ju.c" <bibidybubidyboop@mailinator.com> wrote in message
>> Change this registry value from "My Pictures" to another folder:
>>
>> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\Shell
>> Folders]
>> "My Pictures"="C:\\Path To\\A Folder"
>>

>> ju.c
>>

>> "Frank" <fjmet@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
>>> I have IE 8.06. When I right click and try to save a picture It allways
>>> tries to save it in "MY PICTURES". Is there any way to make it
>>> permanentley
>>> go to the folder of my choice???
>>> Frank

Frank

Re: IE8 Save Picture Problem
No, I do not want to change the location of MY Pictures. I want "Save
Picture" in OE to NOT allways come up wanting to save it in My Pictures. I
have to change it's location every time I try to save a pic. Is there a way
to get OE to do that????
Frank
"Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
> Do you really want to change the location of My Pictures?
> That is not the way I interpreted your original post but if so, then
> you have been given the wrong information for XP.
>
> For Windows 2000/XP the key to change is to:
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\User
> Shell Folders]
>
> Ref: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#favorites
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/usershellfolders.htm
>
> ...Alan
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer
> http://dts-l.com/index.htm
>

> On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 22:11:46 -0500, in
> microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general, "Frank"
> <fjmet@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>I made the change and rebooted. I then rechecked the change with Regedit
>>and it was there. I then brought up OE and tried to save a picture. It
>>went
>>back to MY Pictures. I re-checked with regedit and the change was gone.
>>It
>>seems that OE resets it to My Pictures, since the change was there before
>>brought up OE.
>>Frank
>>
>>"ju.c" <bibidybubidyboop@mailinator.com> wrote in message
>>> Change this registry value from "My Pictures" to another folder:
>>>
>>> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\Shell
>>> Folders]
>>> "My Pictures"="C:\\Path To\\A Folder"
>>>

>>> ju.c

Re: IE8 Save Picture Problem
Part of the confusion here, I think, is the fact that you originally posted
about saving pix in IE when you're really asking about saving pix in OE.
That being said...

When you save the first pic, you have to change the location. Do you then
find that chosen, changed location "sticks" when you save one or more other
pix /during the same OE session/? [yes/no]

Frank wrote:
> No, I do not want to change the location of MY Pictures. I want "Save
> Picture" in OE to NOT allways come up wanting to save it in My Pictures.
> have to change it's location every time I try to save a pic. Is there a
> way
> to get OE to do that????
>
>> Do you really want to change the location of My Pictures?
>> That is not the way I interpreted your original post but if so, then
>> you have been given the wrong information for XP.
>>
>> For Windows 2000/XP the key to change is to:
>>
>> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\User
>> Shell Folders]
>>
>> Ref: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#favorites
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/usershellfolders.htm
>>
>>> I made the change and rebooted. I then rechecked the change with
>>> Regedit
>>> and it was there. I then brought up OE and tried to save a picture. It
>>> went
>>> back to MY Pictures. I re-checked with regedit and the change was gone.
>>> It
>>> seems that OE resets it to My Pictures, since the change was there
>>> before
>>> brought up OE.

Frank

Re: IE8 Save Picture Problem
Sorry, I put OE by mistake. I'm really only interested in saving pics in
IE.
Frank
> Part of the confusion here, I think, is the fact that you originally
> posted about saving pix in IE when you're really asking about saving pix
> in OE. That being said...
>
> When you save the first pic, you have to change the location. Do you then
> find that chosen, changed location "sticks" when you save one or more
> other pix /during the same OE session/? [yes/no]
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>
> Frank wrote:
>> No, I do not want to change the location of MY Pictures. I want "Save
>> Picture" in OE to NOT allways come up wanting to save it in My Pictures.
>> have to change it's location every time I try to save a pic. Is there a
>> way
>> to get OE to do that????
>>
>>> Do you really want to change the location of My Pictures?
>>> That is not the way I interpreted your original post but if so, then
>>> you have been given the wrong information for XP.
>>>
>>> For Windows 2000/XP the key to change is to:
>>>
>>> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer\User
>>> Shell Folders]
>>>
>>> Ref: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#favorites
>>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/usershellfolders.htm

Re: IE8 Save Picture Problem
When you save the first pic, you have to change the location. Do you then
find that chosen, changed location "sticks" when you save one or more other
pix /during the same IE session/? [yes/no]
--
~PA Bear