Can't get rid of sounds

joe

Can't get rid of sounds
XP Pro SP3 IE8

I have just installed IE8 and have a small but annoying problem.

The only sound I use is 'new mail notification'

Since IE8 I have four sounds under 'windows explorer' that I cannot get rid
of. The googled answers don't work They just say change the sound to 'none'
and it will stop. This does not happen. Doesn't matter what I try the sounds
come back! How to get rid of them.

They are :-Feed discovered,Information Bar,start Navigation and Blocked PoP
up window.

Any help please.

rob^_^

Re: Can't get rid of sounds
Hi Joe,

Tools>Popup Blocker>Popup Blocker Settings - uncheck "Play sound when popup
is blocked"

Tools>Internet Options - Content tab, Feeds and Web Slices "Settings"
button. Uncheck "Play a sound when a feed or web slice is found for a web
page" and "Play a sound when a monitored feed or web slice is updated"

You will find the setting for the "Navigation" sound for IE in the Sounds
Control panel.

Regards.

"joe" <joe@ebox.com> wrote in message
> XP Pro SP3 IE8
>
> I have just installed IE8 and have a small but annoying problem.
>
> The only sound I use is 'new mail notification'
>
> Since IE8 I have four sounds under 'windows explorer' that I cannot get
> rid of. The googled answers don't work They just say change the sound to
> 'none' and it will stop. This does not happen. Doesn't matter what I try
> the sounds come back! How to get rid of them.
>
> They are :-Feed discovered,Information Bar,start Navigation and Blocked
> PoP up window.
>
> Any help please.

joe

Re: Can't get rid of sounds
Sorry Rob, need to learn to navigate my way around IE8, thanks for that.

I am pleased that I don't have any of the many complaints found here after
installing IE8.

Was I just lucky or do the other complainants possibly have other issues
side by side with the new install?

> Hi Joe,
>
> Tools>Popup Blocker>Popup Blocker Settings - uncheck "Play sound when
> popup is blocked"
>
> Tools>Internet Options - Content tab, Feeds and Web Slices "Settings"
> button. Uncheck "Play a sound when a feed or web slice is found for a web
> page" and "Play a sound when a monitored feed or web slice is updated"
>
> You will find the setting for the "Navigation" sound for IE in the Sounds
> Control panel.
>
> Regards.
>
> "joe" <joe@ebox.com> wrote in message
>> XP Pro SP3 IE8
>>
>> I have just installed IE8 and have a small but annoying problem.
>>
>> The only sound I use is 'new mail notification'
>>
>> Since IE8 I have four sounds under 'windows explorer' that I cannot get
>> rid of. The googled answers don't work They just say change the sound to
>> 'none' and it will stop. This does not happen. Doesn't matter what I try
>> the sounds come back! How to get rid of them.
>>
>> They are :-Feed discovered,Information Bar,start Navigation and Blocked
>> PoP up window.
>>
>> Any help please.

rob^_^

Re: Can't get rid of sounds
You must be keeping your machine free of crap-ware. There's no need. IE8 has
all the bells and whistles you need and ones that you didn't know you needed
(unwanted sounds).
There must be well over 100 million IE8 installations by now. ppl only come
here if they have issues, so even the number of posts here is very, very
small in comparison to the deployment base.

We are volunteers here, so you should save your praise for the hard work
that the good folks at MS have done. <wink> buy MSFT.

> Sorry Rob, need to learn to navigate my way around IE8, thanks for that.
>
> I am pleased that I don't have any of the many complaints found here after
> installing IE8.
>
> Was I just lucky or do the other complainants possibly have other issues
> side by side with the new install?
>

> "rob^_^" <iecustomizer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Joe,
>>
>> Tools>Popup Blocker>Popup Blocker Settings - uncheck "Play sound when
>> popup is blocked"
>>
>> Tools>Internet Options - Content tab, Feeds and Web Slices "Settings"
>> button. Uncheck "Play a sound when a feed or web slice is found for a web
>> page" and "Play a sound when a monitored feed or web slice is updated"
>>
>> You will find the setting for the "Navigation" sound for IE in the Sounds
>> Control panel.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> "joe" <joe@ebox.com> wrote in message
>>> XP Pro SP3 IE8
>>>
>>> I have just installed IE8 and have a small but annoying problem.
>>>
>>> The only sound I use is 'new mail notification'
>>>
>>> Since IE8 I have four sounds under 'windows explorer' that I cannot get
>>> rid of. The googled answers don't work They just say change the sound to
>>> 'none' and it will stop. This does not happen. Doesn't matter what I try
>>> the sounds come back! How to get rid of them.
>>>
>>> They are :-Feed discovered,Information Bar,start Navigation and Blocked
>>> PoP up window.
>>>
>>> Any help please.

joe

Re: Can't get rid of sounds