click anywhere is annoying

Ben

click anywhere is annoying
Hi there
It maybe a setting I am missing, but if I click anywhere in IE8 the browser
instantly goes to the bottom of the page and it is annoying.
Also, in IE8, while at the start page, I click a link and goes there, then I
hit the back button and goes back to the start page and the forward button to
Also, in IE8, if you select a link and right click on it and you see that
the copy command is too many times disabled.
In all honesty, I do not see any of these thing in firefox and IE8 is my
main and default baby
Any help?
Thanks
rob^_^

Re: click anywhere is annoying
Hi Ben,

There was a reported bug like that in the IE8 Beta. I cannot remember the
exact cause, but I think it was from an installed Graphics program.

In XP it is a bit hard to track down, but do you remember installing any
other programs around the time the issue first started happening?

Is your machine fully Windows Updated?

Regards.

"Ben" <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there
> It maybe a setting I am missing, but if I click anywhere in IE8 the
> browser
> instantly goes to the bottom of the page and it is annoying.
> Also, in IE8, while at the start page, I click a link and goes there, then
> hit the back button and goes back to the start page and the forward button
> Also, in IE8, if you select a link and right click on it and you see that
> the copy command is too many times disabled.
> In all honesty, I do not see any of these thing in firefox and IE8 is my
> main and default baby
> Any help?
> Thanks

Ben

Re: click anywhere is annoying
Running windows 7 fully updated, and have not installed any new programs in a
long time

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>
> There was a reported bug like that in the IE8 Beta. I cannot remember the
> exact cause, but I think it was from an installed Graphics program.
>
> In XP it is a bit hard to track down, but do you remember installing any
> other programs around the time the issue first started happening?
>
> Is your machine fully Windows Updated?
>
> Regards.
>
> "Ben" <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi there
> > It maybe a setting I am missing, but if I click anywhere in IE8 the
> > browser
> > instantly goes to the bottom of the page and it is annoying.
> > Also, in IE8, while at the start page, I click a link and goes there, then
> > hit the back button and goes back to the start page and the forward button
> > Also, in IE8, if you select a link and right click on it and you see that
> > the copy command is too many times disabled.
> > In all honesty, I do not see any of these thing in firefox and IE8 is my
> > main and default baby
> > Any help?
> > Thanks

Re: click anywhere is annoying
Did you upgrade to Win7? Is it Win7 64-bit?

Have you run both the Performance and Safety IE troubleshooters? cf.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ernet-Explorer

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

Ben wrote:
> Running windows 7 fully updated, and have not installed any new programs
> in
> a long time
>
> "rob^_^" wrote:
>
>> Hi Ben,
>>
>> There was a reported bug like that in the IE8 Beta. I cannot remember the
>> exact cause, but I think it was from an installed Graphics program.
>>
>> In XP it is a bit hard to track down, but do you remember installing any
>> other programs around the time the issue first started happening?
>>
>> Is your machine fully Windows Updated?
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> "Ben" <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi there
>>> It maybe a setting I am missing, but if I click anywhere in IE8 the
>>> browser
>>> instantly goes to the bottom of the page and it is annoying.
>>> Also, in IE8, while at the start page, I click a link and goes there,
>>> then
>>> hit the back button and goes back to the start page and the forward
>>> button
>>> Also, in IE8, if you select a link and right click on it and you see
>>> that
>>> the copy command is too many times disabled.
>>> In all honesty, I do not see any of these thing in firefox and IE8 is my
>>> main and default baby
>>> Any help?
>>> Thanks

Ben

Re: click anywhere is annoying
I have a clean install of 32 bit win7. I have the mcafee suite install it,
and I have gone through the t/shooting tips

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Did you upgrade to Win7? Is it Win7 64-bit?
>
> Have you run both the Performance and Safety IE troubleshooters? cf.
> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ernet-Explorer

> What third-party firewall (if any)?

> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought
> it)?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> Ben wrote:
> > Running windows 7 fully updated, and have not installed any new programs
> > in
> > a long time
> >
> > "rob^_^" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Ben,
> >>
> >> There was a reported bug like that in the IE8 Beta. I cannot remember the
> >> exact cause, but I think it was from an installed Graphics program.
> >>
> >> In XP it is a bit hard to track down, but do you remember installing any
> >> other programs around the time the issue first started happening?
> >>
> >> Is your machine fully Windows Updated?
> >>
> >> Regards.
> >>
> >> "Ben" <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> .

Re: click anywhere is annoying
See if this McAfee three-step fix resolves the problem:
http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507

If still no joy, answer all of the questions in my first reply.