IE8 strange link

Erik Fuyu

IE8 strange link
whenever I click on a link to open in a new browser window, the new window
opens momentarily, gives an error message and then is redirected to the
intended destination. I found that the link of the error window is
res://ieframe.dll/navcancl.htm

Any idea on what this link is?

Thank you for your help.
-----------
WIN 7, IE 8

Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 strange link
It always amazes me how almost no one searches through earlier posts to
see if their issue has been already addressed:

Do you have the same experience when you start Internet Explorer from
the 'no add-ons' icon?

Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search box > click Internet
Explorer (No Add-Ons)

Do you have the same experience after you have reset Internet Explorer
settings?

"How to Reset Internet Explorer Settings"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Problems with Internet Explorer can also be caused by by malicious
software ('malware') that you have unwittingly installed on your computer.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Erik Fuyu wrote:
> whenever I click on a link to open in a new browser window, the new
> window opens momentarily, gives an error message and then is redirected
> to the intended destination. I found that the link of the error window
> is res://ieframe.dll/navcancl.htm
>
> Any idea on what this link is?
>
> Thank you for your help.
> -----------
> WIN 7, IE 8

Re: IE8 strange link
Assuming Win7 64-bit, see the Answer post by OnyXxL in this thread:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...b-b69b8535a7bb

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

Erik Fuyu wrote:
> whenever I click on a link to open in a new browser window, the new window
> opens momentarily, gives an error message and then is redirected to the
> intended destination. I found that the link of the error window is
> res://ieframe.dll/navcancl.htm
>
> Any idea on what this link is?
>
> Thank you for your help.
> -----------
> WIN 7, IE 8

Erik Fuyu

Re: IE8 strange link
thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I could not find any relevant
information in this thread.
I use MS Security Essentials.
MS firewall.
Win 7 64

> Assuming Win7 64-bit, see the Answer post by OnyXxL in this thread:
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...b-b69b8535a7bb

> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?

> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
> bought it)?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> Erik Fuyu wrote:
>> whenever I click on a link to open in a new browser window, the new
>> window
>> opens momentarily, gives an error message and then is redirected to the
>> intended destination. I found that the link of the error window is
>> res://ieframe.dll/navcancl.htm
>>
>> Any idea on what this link is?
>>
>> Thank you for your help.
>> WIN 7, IE 8

Re: IE8 strange link
Did you run the BAT file in OnyXxL's post and did it correct the problem?

Did a Norton or McAfee (free trial) application come preinstalled on the
computer when you bought it?