IE8 now not Storing Google Searches

Frank Williams

IE8 now not Storing Google Searches

History shows on most sites visited , but its no longer showing on Google
searches, a folder is there but its almost empty, ie one or two entries

I did see a post that Google had done something to stop saving history of
searches in February 2010.

I am not using any Addons as they blocked

It was OK a few weeks back..

So how can I fix it if that is possible..?

Thanks

Don Varnau

Re: IE8 now not Storing Google Searches
Hi,
Click the down caret to the right of the Search Bar> Manage Search
Providers> select Google> enable search suggestions.

If the Google toolbar is installed, click on the wrench> Search> check
"Store search history"
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Frank Williams" <FWilliams[at]happy.com.ru> wrote in message

> History shows on most sites visited , but its no longer showing on Google
> searches, a folder is there but its almost empty, ie one or two entries
>
> I did see a post that Google had done something to stop saving history of
> searches in February 2010.
>
> I am not using any Addons as they blocked
>
> It was OK a few weeks back..
>
> So how can I fix it if that is possible..?

Frank Williams

Re: IE8 now not Storing Google Searches
Hi,

Tried that still does not work, I have no add-on's at all, all other sites
that I visit are being recorded but not Google searches, I get a Google
folder in the History, but that just contains two entries one with Google and
one with Preferences, nothing else

It was working a few weeks ago..

I am slowly moving to Opera as the bugs that I getting with IE is getting me
fed up, what I am also getting all the time is dropped Tabs, like enter a URL
into a Tab, then select a new Tab and enter another site, the fists tab ends
up what is in the second tab, the URL of the fist is totally lost and replaced
with what was in the second tab, that tab is now empty.

It can happen on any Tab not just the first, and any sites..

Mind you I am using a Host file, but this Tab thing did not happen at first
must be a MS Update bug, may be the Top problem is the same.

>Hi,
>Click the down caret to the right of the Search Bar> Manage Search
>Providers> select Google> enable search suggestions.
>
>If the Google toolbar is installed, click on the wrench> Search> check
>"Store search history"
>-
>Hope this helps,
>Don
>[MS MVP- IE]
>

>"Frank Williams" <FWilliams[at]happy.com.ru> wrote in message
>news:javun55oi8dbf2qinujjvm0bf6hv0s72uo@4ax.com.. .
>>
>> History shows on most sites visited , but its no longer showing on Google
>> searches, a folder is there but its almost empty, ie one or two entries
>>
>> I did see a post that Google had done something to stop saving history of
>> searches in February 2010.
>>
>> I am not using any Addons as they blocked
>>
>> It was OK a few weeks back..
>>
>> So how can I fix it if that is possible..?

Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 now not Storing Google Searches
Man, your copy of Internet Explorer has all sorts of 'bugs' that mine
doesn't. You also have an unexplained "MS Update bug" that I don't seem
to have. I wonder why?

I have no problem saving Google searches as Favorites.

I think there's much more going on here that we don't know about; you
may not realize it yourself. When someone reports oddball behavior that
defies the standard fixes, the cause is usually some unsupported
configuration change, registry tweak, or incorrect procedure that may
have been done recently or years ago. Switching to a different browser
only provides temporary relief.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 21:55:05 -0500, Leonard Grey <l.grey@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>Man, your copy of Internet Explorer has all sorts of 'bugs' that mine
>doesn't. You also have an unexplained "MS Update bug" that I don't seem
>to have. I wonder why?
>
>I have no problem saving Google searches as Favorites.

Its Only Google ones that are not saved, I did read on a Web post that google
has done someting to stop you saving them at around Feb 2010.

>I think there's much more going on here that we don't know about; you
>may not realize it yourself. When someone reports oddball behavior that
>defies the standard fixes, the cause is usually some unsupported
>configuration change, registry tweak, or incorrect procedure that may
>have been done recently or years ago. Switching to a different browser
>only provides temporary relief.

None of that and I am a computer Engineer, been into Computers/Electronics for
some 40 years.

Switching to a different browser has fixed every thing so is not a
temporary relief.

>Leonard Grey
>Errare humanum est
>
>Frank Williams wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Tried that still does not work, I have no add-on's at all, all other sites
>> that I visit are being recorded but not Google searches, I get a Google
>> folder in the History, but that just contains two entries one with Google and
>> one with Preferences, nothing else
>>
>> It was working a few weeks ago..
>>
>> I am slowly moving to Opera as the bugs that I getting with IE is getting me
>> fed up, what I am also getting all the time is dropped Tabs, like enter a URL
>> into a Tab, then select a new Tab and enter another site, the fists tab ends
>> up what is in the second tab, the URL of the fist is totally lost and replaced
>> with what was in the second tab, that tab is now empty.
>>
>> It can happen on any Tab not just the first, and any sites..
>>
>> Mind you I am using a Host file, but this Tab thing did not happen at first
>> must be a MS Update bug, may be the Top problem is the same.
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> Click the down caret to the right of the Search Bar> Manage Search
>>> Providers> select Google> enable search suggestions.
>>>
>>> If the Google toolbar is installed, click on the wrench> Search> check
>>> "Store search history"
>>> -
>>> Hope this helps,
>>> Don
>>> [MS MVP- IE]

Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 now not Storing Google Searches
"I did read on a Web post that google has done someting to stop you
saving them at around Feb 2010."

Well, we're almost at the end of February and I just now saved a Google
search. I had no trouble adding it as a Favorite, either. Here it is:
http://www.google.com/search?q=2010+...e=utf8&oe=utf8

So much for 40 years.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Frank Williams wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 21:55:05 -0500, Leonard Grey <l.grey@invalid.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> Man, your copy of Internet Explorer has all sorts of 'bugs' that mine
>> doesn't. You also have an unexplained "MS Update bug" that I don't seem
>> to have. I wonder why?
>>
>> I have no problem saving Google searches as Favorites.

> Its Only Google ones that are not saved, I did read on a Web post that google
> has done someting to stop you saving them at around Feb 2010.
>
>> I think there's much more going on here that we don't know about; you
>> may not realize it yourself. When someone reports oddball behavior that
>> defies the standard fixes, the cause is usually some unsupported
>> configuration change, registry tweak, or incorrect procedure that may
>> have been done recently or years ago. Switching to a different browser
>> only provides temporary relief.

> None of that and I am a computer Engineer, been into Computers/Electronics for
> some 40 years.
>
> Switching to a different browser has fixed every thing so is not a
> temporary relief.
>

>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> Frank Williams wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Tried that still does not work, I have no add-on's at all, all other sites
>>> that I visit are being recorded but not Google searches, I get a Google
>>> folder in the History, but that just contains two entries one with Google and
>>> one with Preferences, nothing else
>>>
>>> It was working a few weeks ago..
>>>
>>> I am slowly moving to Opera as the bugs that I getting with IE is getting me
>>> fed up, what I am also getting all the time is dropped Tabs, like enter a URL
>>> into a Tab, then select a new Tab and enter another site, the fists tab ends
>>> up what is in the second tab, the URL of the fist is totally lost and replaced
>>> with what was in the second tab, that tab is now empty.
>>>
>>> It can happen on any Tab not just the first, and any sites..
>>>
>>> Mind you I am using a Host file, but this Tab thing did not happen at first
>>> must be a MS Update bug, may be the Top problem is the same.

Frank Williams

Re: IE8 now not Storing Google Searches
Thanks

The problem seems to be that it not storing seached for www.google.co.nz, but
I think I have managed to get www.google.com to work but that is not the
Google provided option, what I need is the get it to work with the New Zealand
one..

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 23:00:02 -0500, Leonard Grey <l.grey@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>"I did read on a Web post that google has done someting to stop you
>saving them at around Feb 2010."
>
>Well, we're almost at the end of February and I just now saved a Google
>search. I had no trouble adding it as a Favorite, either. Here it is:
>http://www.google.com/search?q=2010+...e=utf8&oe=utf8
>
>So much for 40 years.
>---
>Leonard Grey
>Errare humanum est
>
>Frank Williams wrote:
>> On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 21:55:05 -0500, Leonard Grey <l.grey@invalid.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Man, your copy of Internet Explorer has all sorts of 'bugs' that mine
>>> doesn't. You also have an unexplained "MS Update bug" that I don't seem
>>> to have. I wonder why?
>>>
>>> I have no problem saving Google searches as Favorites.

>> Its Only Google ones that are not saved, I did read on a Web post that google
>> has done someting to stop you saving them at around Feb 2010.
>>
>>> I think there's much more going on here that we don't know about; you
>>> may not realize it yourself. When someone reports oddball behavior that
>>> defies the standard fixes, the cause is usually some unsupported
>>> configuration change, registry tweak, or incorrect procedure that may
>>> have been done recently or years ago. Switching to a different browser
>>> only provides temporary relief.

>> None of that and I am a computer Engineer, been into Computers/Electronics for
>> some 40 years.
>>
>> Switching to a different browser has fixed every thing so is not a
>> temporary relief.
>>

>>> Leonard Grey
>>> Errare humanum est

Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 now not Storing Google Searches
I live in the United States, and I was able to save this search from
Google New Zealand:
http://www.google.co.nz/#hl=en&sourc...129cc6a1ae25d1

Of course, I can't replicate what a native of New Zealand would experience.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est