IE 8 CTRL+F open blank toolbar

cathy

IE 8 CTRL+F open blank toolbar
Hi
I'm sure this must be around but I can't find it, as trying to find a
solution to a "find" problem is a nightmare.
I have downloaded several copies of IE8 and all of them show the same error,
when I put the CTRL+F command to search the current page it opens a blank
toolbar that cannot be removed save by closing down the browser window.
Where is the "find on this page" gone and is there a patch to fix this.
Thanks

Bob

Re: IE 8 CTRL+F open blank toolbar
See if this helps.
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/fi...et-explorer-8/

"cathy" <cathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I'm sure this must be around but I can't find it, as trying to find a
> solution to a "find" problem is a nightmare.
> I have downloaded several copies of IE8 and all of them show the same
> error,
> when I put the CTRL+F command to search the current page it opens a blank
> toolbar that cannot be removed save by closing down the browser window.
> Where is the "find on this page" gone and is there a patch to fix this.
> Thanks

Re: IE 8 CTRL+F open blank toolbar
Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do
so in your next reply.

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

cathy wrote:
> I'm sure this must be around but I can't find it, as trying to find a
> solution to a "find" problem is a nightmare.
> I have downloaded several copies of IE8 and all of them show the same
> error,
> when I put the CTRL+F command to search the current page it opens a blank
> toolbar that cannot be removed save by closing down the browser window.
> Where is the "find on this page" gone and is there a patch to fix this.
> Thanks

Bob

Re: IE 8 CTRL+F open blank toolbar
Why **always**?

Knowing the Windows version is not **always** needed in order to answer a
question.

> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2;
> Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please
> do so in your next reply.

> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?

> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
> bought it)?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> cathy wrote:
>> I'm sure this must be around but I can't find it, as trying to find a
>> solution to a "find" problem is a nightmare.
>> I have downloaded several copies of IE8 and all of them show the same
>> error,
>> when I put the CTRL+F command to search the current page it opens a blank
>> toolbar that cannot be removed save by closing down the browser window.
>> Where is the "find on this page" gone and is there a patch to fix this.
>> Thanks

Twayne

Re: IE 8 CTRL+F open blank toolbar
IE8 is pretty much IE8 regardless of the OS. This is also a relatively known
issue that, if everything else is OK, is usually a registration issue. I've
only seen it once but reregistration corrected it. See the post about an
hour before yours for a link.

HTH,

Twayne

In news:eHlCqhcsKHA.3800@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,