Disabling "Send Page by E-mail"

Tom K

Disabling "Send Page by E-mail"
Is there a way to disable this functionality in IE7? It would really be
cool to do it with Group Policy, but any way would do.

Thanks,

Tom

Jeff Strickland

Re: Disabling "Send Page by E-mail"

"Tom K" <thomasDOTkerA@Thighmark.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to disable this functionality in IE7? It would really be
> cool to do it with Group Policy, but any way would do.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom

I don't know that there is a way (or not) to cut this feature from the Right
Click menu, but there's no way to keep a user from copying the URL and
pasting it into an e-mail message and sending it. So, while you might
conceiveably prevent a user from directly sending a Webpage, there's no way
to keep the user from doing it indirectly so I'm not sure what you hope to
gain.

Re: Disabling "Send Page by E-mail"
Is the Windows version(s) in question a secret or...?

Tom K wrote:
> Is there a way to disable this functionality in IE7? It would really be
> cool to do it with Group Policy, but any way would do.

Jeff Strickland

Re: Disabling "Send Page by E-mail"
Does it matter?

The question has to do with a mouse feature whereby one Right Clicks an
active Webpage and a list of options comes up where one of them is to send
page by e-mail. This is a feature of IE7 -- and all of the others for that
matter -- not the host operating system.

> Is the Windows version(s) in question a secret or...?
>
> Tom K wrote:
>> Is there a way to disable this functionality in IE7? It would really be
>> cool to do it with Group Policy, but any way would do.

Leonard Grey

Re: Disabling "Send Page by E-mail"
This may come as a surprise to you, Jeff, but Internet Explorer is part
of the Windows operating system. It's not a separate program. Therefore,
knowing what version of Windows with what service pack is a valid question.

Furthermore, context menus are a feature of Windows, not Internet
Explorer 7.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Jeff Strickland wrote:
> Does it matter?
>
> The question has to do with a mouse feature whereby one Right Clicks an
> active Webpage and a list of options comes up where one of them is to send
> page by e-mail. This is a feature of IE7 -- and all of the others for that
> matter -- not the host operating system.

>> Is the Windows version(s) in question a secret or...?
>>
>> Tom K wrote:
>>> Is there a way to disable this functionality in IE7? It would really be
>>> cool to do it with Group Policy, but any way would do.

PA Bear, MS MVP

Re: Disabling "Send Page by E-mail"
1. Yes, it matters.

2. MYOB.

On Feb 18, 3:48*pm, "Jeff Strickland" <crwlrj...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Does it matter?
>
> The question has to do with a mouse feature whereby one Right Clicks an
> active Webpage and a list of options comes up where one of them is to send
> page by e-mail. This is a feature of IE7 -- and all of the others for that
> matter -- not the host operating system.
>
> > Is the Windows version(s) in question a secret or...?

> > Tom K wrote:
> >> Is there a way to disable this functionality in IE7? *It would really be
> >> cool to do it with Group Policy, but any way would do

Jeff Strickland

Re: Disabling "Send Page by E-mail"

"PA Bear, MS MVP" <pabearmvp@gmail.com> wrote in message
1. Yes, it matters.

2. MYOB.

That's no way to be.

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. It's far better
to be nice and dumb than to be a smart ass.

Tom K

Re: Disabling "Send Page by E-mail"
No secret, just an omission on my part -- Windows XP SP2 or SP3.

Thanks,

Tom

> Is the Windows version(s) in question a secret or...?
>
> Tom K wrote:
>> Is there a way to disable this functionality in IE7? It would really be
>> cool to do it with Group Policy, but any way would do.

Re: Disabling "Send Page by E-mail"
If you've got WinXP SP2 boxes, you will want to see

Tom K wrote:
> No secret, just an omission on my part -- Windows XP SP2 or SP3.
>
>> Is the Windows version(s) in question a secret or...?
>>
>> Tom K wrote:
>>> Is there a way to disable this functionality in IE7? It would really be
>>> cool to do it with Group Policy, but any way would do.

Tom K

Re: Disabling "Send Page by E-mail"
Thanks, but we're not applying SP3 after IE7 until we're sure we don't have
to back it off. All I'm really interested in is disabling the "Send Page by
E-mail" functionality in the browser.

Tom