Reinstall IE 8 in Windows 7

sethr177

Reinstall IE 8 in Windows 7
For months now I cannot use IE 8 in Windows 7 due to rendering issues with
pages. I've tried "reseting" everything and using compatibility mode with no
resolve. Is there a way to remove IE 8 in Windows 7 and reinstall it?
Leonard Grey

Re: Reinstall IE 8 in Windows 7
Internet Explorer 8 is part of the Windows 7 operating system, so it
can't be removed or reinstalled.

In any case, reinstalling Internet Explorer almost never solves a problem.

Unfortunately, you haven't provided any details about your "rendering
issues" so no one can help you with them.

Experience has shown that practically every problem with a web browser
(be it Internet Explorer or most other browsers) is caused by one or
more of:
1- incompatible add-ons -- determined by running the browser in 'no
add-ons' mode;
2- incorrect configuration settings -- resolved by resetting the browser
to default settings -- in Internet Explorer this accomplished by
Resetting Internet Explorer Settings (RIES);
3- malware; and
4- improper installation (which doesn't apply to your situation.)
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

sethr177 wrote:
> For months now I cannot use IE 8 in Windows 7 due to rendering issues with
> pages. I've tried "reseting" everything and using compatibility mode with no
> resolve. Is there a way to remove IE 8 in Windows 7 and reinstall it?

Jeff Strickland

> Internet Explorer 8 is part of the Windows 7 operating system, so it can't
> be removed or reinstalled.
>
> In any case, reinstalling Internet Explorer almost never solves a problem.
>
> Unfortunately, you haven't provided any details about your "rendering
> issues" so no one can help you with them.
>
> Experience has shown that practically every problem with a web browser (be
> it Internet Explorer or most other browsers) is caused by one or more of:
> 1- incompatible add-ons -- determined by running the browser in 'no
> add-ons' mode;
> 2- incorrect configuration settings -- resolved by resetting the browser
> to default settings -- in Internet Explorer this accomplished by Resetting
> Internet Explorer Settings (RIES);
> 3- malware; and
> 4- improper installation (which doesn't apply to your situation.)
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est

And after all of that, the page itself can be written poorly. Of course,
this would mean that some sites work and some don't.

Almost forgot, IE8 in Windows 7 has a 64-bit operating mode that does not
work on sites that use Flash. If this is the problem, then use the 32-bit
version if IE -- Start>Programs, and scroll down the list to Internet
Explorer. There are two listed, one says (64-bit), use the other one.

Re: Reinstall IE 8 in Windows 7
No.

What "rendering" issues?

Tips for solving problems with Internet Explorer (Win7)
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ernet-Explorer

IE Performance troubleshooter
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...troubleshooter

IE Safety troubleshooter

sethr177 wrote:
> For months now I cannot use IE 8 in Windows 7 due to rendering issues with
> pages. I've tried "reseting" everything and using compatibility mode with
> no resolve. Is there a way to remove IE 8 in Windows 7 and reinstall it?

DK

Re: Reinstall IE 8 in Windows 7
I am having the same problem with IE8 in Windows 7 on sites that use Flash.
I cannot find the 32-bit version of IE on my computer. How do I install it?

"Jeff Strickland" wrote:

> > Internet Explorer 8 is part of the Windows 7 operating system, so it can't
> > be removed or reinstalled.
> >
> > In any case, reinstalling Internet Explorer almost never solves a problem.
> >
> > Unfortunately, you haven't provided any details about your "rendering
> > issues" so no one can help you with them.
> >
> > Experience has shown that practically every problem with a web browser (be
> > it Internet Explorer or most other browsers) is caused by one or more of:
> > 1- incompatible add-ons -- determined by running the browser in 'no
> > add-ons' mode;
> > 2- incorrect configuration settings -- resolved by resetting the browser
> > to default settings -- in Internet Explorer this accomplished by Resetting
> > Internet Explorer Settings (RIES);
> > 3- malware; and
> > 4- improper installation (which doesn't apply to your situation.)
> > ---
> > Leonard Grey
> > Errare humanum est
> >

> And after all of that, the page itself can be written poorly. Of course,
> this would mean that some sites work and some don't.
>
> Almost forgot, IE8 in Windows 7 has a 64-bit operating mode that does not
> work on sites that use Flash. If this is the problem, then use the 32-bit
> version if IE -- Start>Programs, and scroll down the list to Internet
> Explorer. There are two listed, one says (64-bit), use the other one.
>

> .

Re: Reinstall IE 8 in Windows 7
See this discussion:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...6-a9416d65f981

DK wrote:
> I am having the same problem with IE8 in Windows 7 on sites that use
> Flash.
> I cannot find the 32-bit version of IE on my computer. How do I install
> it?

<snip>

Jeff Strickland

Re: Reinstall IE 8 in Windows 7
It's already there.

START>PROGRAMS, scroll the list to INTERNET EXPLORER, there are two. One is
shown as Internet Explorer (64-bit), the other one is the 32-bit version.

You have two PROGRAM FILES folders, one is (x86), this is the holder of the
32-bit version. Open the folder and find the EXE file and make a shortcut to
it, then copy the shortcut to the Desktop and the QuickLaunch, if you want
it there.

"DK" <DK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having the same problem with IE8 in Windows 7 on sites that use Flash.
> I cannot find the 32-bit version of IE on my computer. How do I install
> it?
>

> "Jeff Strickland" wrote:
>

>> "Leonard Grey" <l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> > Internet Explorer 8 is part of the Windows 7 operating system, so it
>> > can't
>> > be removed or reinstalled.
>> >
>> > In any case, reinstalling Internet Explorer almost never solves a
>> > problem.
>> >
>> > Unfortunately, you haven't provided any details about your "rendering
>> > issues" so no one can help you with them.
>> >
>> > Experience has shown that practically every problem with a web browser
>> > (be
>> > it Internet Explorer or most other browsers) is caused by one or more
>> > of:
>> > 1- incompatible add-ons -- determined by running the browser in 'no
>> > add-ons' mode;
>> > 2- incorrect configuration settings -- resolved by resetting the
>> > browser
>> > to default settings -- in Internet Explorer this accomplished by
>> > Resetting
>> > Internet Explorer Settings (RIES);
>> > 3- malware; and
>> > 4- improper installation (which doesn't apply to your situation.)
>> > ---
>> > Leonard Grey
>> > Errare humanum est
>> >

>> And after all of that, the page itself can be written poorly. Of course,
>> this would mean that some sites work and some don't.
>>
>> Almost forgot, IE8 in Windows 7 has a 64-bit operating mode that does not
>> work on sites that use Flash. If this is the problem, then use the 32-bit
>> version if IE -- Start>Programs, and scroll down the list to Internet
>> Explorer. There are two listed, one says (64-bit), use the other one.
>>

>> .

cherid615

Re: Reinstall IE 8 in Windows 7
Ok that is great information..but for a novice I need to know the "how to" so
that I can use both internet explorer which for some reason I no longer even
see as a browser option since I installed firefox....I would like to use both
and was able to up until a day ago....trying to figure out what I did so that
I can undo it...thanks for your time

Cheri