IE8 and iexplore.exe process

Jason Piercey

IE8 and iexplore.exe process
Is it normal for two iexplore.exe processes to be running when
a single tab is open?

Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 and iexplore.exe process
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/mu...et-explorer-8/
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Jason Piercey wrote:
> Is it normal for two iexplore.exe processes to be running when
> a single tab is open?

Jason Piercey

Re: IE8 and iexplore.exe process
Thank you.

"Leonard Grey" <l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:ulJYjg%23rKHA.3908@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/mu...et-explorer-8/
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Jason Piercey wrote:
>> Is it normal for two iexplore.exe processes to be running when
>> a single tab is open?

Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 and iexplore.exe process
Google is my friend...yours, too. ;-)
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Jason Piercey wrote:
> Thank you.
>
> "Leonard Grey" <l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:ulJYjg%23rKHA.3908@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/mu...et-explorer-8/
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> Jason Piercey wrote:
>>> Is it normal for two iexplore.exe processes to be running when
>>> a single tab is open?

Estanislao

RE: IE8 and iexplore.exe process
First, Please excuse my English, but i´m Spanish.

I think that IE8 and IE7, etc.. has an error, and even more if we programmed
in Asp.net.

When we create a page in asp.net, we have to declare the entire document as
a form with the tag <form></form>, but if we put inside another tag
document is unavalible or corrupt.

Example: This no work fine in IE8 but yes in Firefox.
<head>
<head>
<form>
<form>
</form>
</form>

Can check the problem here. http://www.elinformatico.org/

--
Web Desing - Diseños web
Asp.Net - Php - Mysql - Sql Server - JavaScript - Ajax.

Rob

Estanislao <info@elinformatico.eu> wrote:
> First, Please excuse my English, but i´m Spanish.
>
> I think that IE8 and IE7, etc.. has an error, and even more if we programmed
> in Asp.net.
>
> When we create a page in asp.net, we have to declare the entire document as
> a form with the tag <form></form>, but if we put inside another tag
> document is unavalible or corrupt.
>
> Example: This no work fine in IE8 but yes in Firefox.
> <head>
> <head>
> <form>
> <form>
> </form>
> </form>

This is invalid HTML. <form> elements cannot be nested.

What happens with invalid HTML is different for every browser.
Estanislao

Re: IE8 and iexplore.exe process
I could close the first form before creating the next, but then I could not
implement the ajax accordion extension.

It is vital that one <form> is inside another. There is no other way to do !!

--

"Rob" wrote:

> Estanislao <info@elinformatico.eu> wrote:
> > First, Please excuse my English, but i´m Spanish.
> >
> > I think that IE8 and IE7, etc.. has an error, and even more if we programmed
> > in Asp.net.
> >
> > When we create a page in asp.net, we have to declare the entire document as
> > a form with the tag <form></form>, but if we put inside another tag
> > document is unavalible or corrupt.
> >
> > Example: This no work fine in IE8 but yes in Firefox.
> > <head>
> > <head>
> > <form>
> > <form>
> > </form>
> > </form>

> This is invalid HTML. <form> elements cannot be nested.
>
> What happens with invalid HTML is different for every browser.
> .

Rob

Re: IE8 and iexplore.exe process
Estanislao <info@elinformatico.eu> wrote:
> I could close the first form before creating the next, but then I could not
> implement the ajax accordion extension.
>
> It is vital that one <form> is inside another. There is no other way to do !!

It is invalid HTML. You will have to live with the consequences.

Re: IE8 and iexplore.exe process
cf.
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...line&gr oup=0

cf.
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/v...ning=1&lang=en

Developer-specific resources include:

MSDN IE Development Forum (post such questions here instead)
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...opment/threads

IE Developer Center
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/default.aspx

Learn IE8
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740473.aspx

HTML and DHTML Overviews and Tutorials
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms537623.aspx and

Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740476.aspx

Expression Web SuperPreview for Internet Explorer (free, stand-alone visual
debugging tool for IE6, IE7, and IE8)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...b-dccff3fae677

Expression Web SuperPreview Release Notes
http://www.microsoft.com/expression/...easeNotes.aspx