Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Autostart several favourites upon startup

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2010
DeanH
 

Posts: n/a
Autostart several favourites upon startup
IE7 on XP SP2
Is it possible to open several of my favourites, in their own tabs, in a
certain order, upon initial start up off IE?
Can this be controlled to only happen on the first time IE is started and
not any subsequent startups?

Apologies if this has been asked before but a search did not reveal any
relevent hits.
Many thanks
DeanH
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2010
Don Varnau
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Autostart several favourites upon startup
Hi,
You can, as you know, have multiple homepages, but if you've closed all IE
windows, all homepages will load the next time IE is opened.

You should create a tab group from Favorites> Add current tabs to favorites.

Or, you could have these sites open when the computer is started by adding
those Internet Shortcuts to the Startup folder. Right-click> open the Start
Menu> Programs> Startup. This will add to the startup time.
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]


"DeanH" <DeanH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:93773DAC-8BBE-45A3-9CA3-C6DB96C6AC7E@microsoft.com...
> IE7 on XP SP2
> Is it possible to open several of my favourites, in their own tabs, in a
> certain order, upon initial start up off IE?
> Can this be controlled to only happen on the first time IE is started and
> not any subsequent startups?
>
> Apologies if this has been asked before but a search did not reveal any
> relevent hits.
> Many thanks
> DeanH


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2010
DeanH
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Autostart several favourites upon startup
Don - Fantastic, spot on.
I have used the multiple home page method, so simple.
We recently upgraded to IE7, corporately, and I was not aware that this was
possible.
If I get time I may play with the StartUp method as well to weigh up the
pros/cons of each method
Works beautifully.
All the best
DeanH


"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> You can, as you know, have multiple homepages, but if you've closed all IE
> windows, all homepages will load the next time IE is opened.
>
> You should create a tab group from Favorites> Add current tabs to favorites.
>
> Or, you could have these sites open when the computer is started by adding
> those Internet Shortcuts to the Startup folder. Right-click> open the Start
> Menu> Programs> Startup. This will add to the startup time.
> -
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
>
> "DeanH" <DeanH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:93773DAC-8BBE-45A3-9CA3-C6DB96C6AC7E@microsoft.com...
> > IE7 on XP SP2
> > Is it possible to open several of my favourites, in their own tabs, in a
> > certain order, upon initial start up off IE?
> > Can this be controlled to only happen on the first time IE is started and
> > not any subsequent startups?
> >
> > Apologies if this has been asked before but a search did not reveal any
> > relevent hits.
> > Many thanks
> > DeanH

>
> .
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2010
Don Varnau
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Autostart several favourites upon startup

Hi,
Glad you found a solution. Thanks for the update.

Don

"DeanH" <DeanH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0CF99F84-DC0E-4688-A03F-C5B6C189AC76@microsoft.com...
> Don - Fantastic, spot on.
> I have used the multiple home page method, so simple.
> We recently upgraded to IE7, corporately, and I was not aware that this

was
> possible.
> If I get time I may play with the StartUp method as well to weigh up the
> pros/cons of each method
> Works beautifully.
> All the best
> DeanH



> "Don Varnau" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > You can, as you know, have multiple homepages, but if you've closed all

IE
> > windows, all homepages will load the next time IE is opened.
> >
> > You should create a tab group from Favorites> Add current tabs to

favorites.
> >
> > Or, you could have these sites open when the computer is started by

adding
> > those Internet Shortcuts to the Startup folder. Right-click> open the

Start
> > Menu> Programs> Startup. This will add to the startup time.



> > "DeanH" <DeanH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:93773DAC-8BBE-45A3-9CA3-C6DB96C6AC7E@microsoft.com...
> > > IE7 on XP SP2
> > > Is it possible to open several of my favourites, in their own tabs, in

a
> > > certain order, upon initial start up off IE?
> > > Can this be controlled to only happen on the first time IE is started

and
> > > not any subsequent startups?
> > >
> > > Apologies if this has been asked before but a search did not reveal

any
> > > relevent hits.
> > > Many thanks
> > > DeanH


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Autostart Horst Heinrich Dittgens microsoft.public.de.windows.vista.sonstiges 6 11-21-2009 11:03
Autostart Talisman microsoft.public.de.windows.vista.bedienung 0 03-16-2008 11:01
Autostart unterdrücken Willy Schweitzer microsoft.public.de.windows.vista.administration 3 09-13-2007 09:56
Autostart von RVS-Fax Uli Albrecht microsoft.public.de.windows.vista.sonstiges 5 06-13-2007 12:42




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:48.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120