IE 8 Download From FTP Site Without Login

WCarp

IE 8 Download From FTP Site Without Login
I can not download a file with IE 8 32 bit with two computers, one running
Vista and the other Windows 7 because everytime I get a login box requiring
me to login. I do not have login credentials and can not login even
anonymously.

The Tech who sent me the link says the other clients have no problem using
the link---they apparently do not get the login box.

I have this problem on two different Windows computers with Firefox also. I
finally tried Chrome and no login box appeared so I was finally able to
download the file!

Is there some setting in IE 8 or Windows that will allow me to download from
an FTP site without the login issue like with the Chrome browser?
Twayne

Re: IE 8 Download From FTP Site Without Login
In news:FDE427E8-0910-4024-8B4B-779E3030FFAB@microsoft.com,
WCarp <WCarp@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> I can not download a file with IE 8 32 bit with two computers, one
> running Vista and the other Windows 7 because everytime I get a login
> box requiring me to login. I do not have login credentials and can
> not login even anonymously.
>
> The Tech who sent me the link says the other clients have no problem
> using the link---they apparently do not get the login box.
>
> I have this problem on two different Windows computers with Firefox
> also. I finally tried Chrome and no login box appeared so I was
> finally able to download the file!
>
> Is there some setting in IE 8 or Windows that will allow me to
> download from an FTP site without the login issue like with the
> Chrome browser?

Just talking out loud;

T hat's strange. Are you sure the login box is coming from that site or is
it possibly something at your end? I can sort of picture it being either the
Cards & Logins box a la FF, or perhaps the ISP is intermittantly
security-checking for passwords as sometimes happens. There are a few
possibilities, another being a slight mis-spelling of the URL that goes to a
place where sign-in is required.

HTH,

Twayne

--
Newsgroups are great places to get assistance.
But always verify important information with