How to import Favorites

sheana

How to import Favorites
I backed up my favorites folder onto an external HD before I did a complete
reformat. Now I would like to import them. I have WinXP and IE8.

I can't just copy and paste because I already bookmarked a bunch of sites,
and that would wipe out all those links.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Strickland

Re: How to import Favorites

"sheana" <sheana@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I backed up my favorites folder onto an external HD before I did a complete
>reformat. Now I would like to import them. I have WinXP and IE8.
>
> I can't just copy and paste because I already bookmarked a bunch of sites,
> and that would wipe out all those links.

Why? The sites you have already have different names, so they shouldn't be
affected. If you have 10 sites bookmarked now, and 30 from the olld machine,
then you should have 40 when you are done. If there are duplicates, then the
total will be less because those will be overwritten instead of added-to.

Rich

Re: How to import Favorites
Why not just use the Import function in IE?

"Jeff Strickland" <crwlrjeff@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "sheana" <sheana@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I backed up my favorites folder onto an external HD before I did a
>>complete reformat. Now I would like to import them. I have WinXP and IE8.
>>
>> I can't just copy and paste because I already bookmarked a bunch of
>> sites, and that would wipe out all those links.
>>

> Why? The sites you have already have different names, so they shouldn't be
> affected. If you have 10 sites bookmarked now, and 30 from the olld
> machine, then you should have 40 when you are done. If there are
> duplicates, then the total will be less because those will be overwritten
> instead of added-to.

Jeff Strickland

Re: How to import Favorites

"Rich" <percy@firmthrust.net> wrote in message
> Why not just use the Import function in IE?

Which is mysteriously located in the same menu option as the Export
function. Who'da thunk it?

Re: How to import Favorites
How to import and export the Internet Explorer Favorites...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211089