Internet Explorer 8 and languages

Sara

Internet Explorer 8 and languages
Internet Explorer 8 is included in my new Windows 7, but not in the right
language. I would like to have an Internet Explorer with English texts. How
can I change that?
Bob

Re: Internet Explorer 8 and languages
Change your Internet Explorer language settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...guage-settings

"Sara" <Sara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Internet Explorer 8 is included in my new Windows 7, but not in the right
> language. I would like to have an Internet Explorer with English texts.
> How
> can I change that?

Re: Internet Explorer 8 and languages
Unless you're running Win7 Ultimate (or Enterprise), you're limited to
adding English input language:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...input-language

Sara wrote:
> Internet Explorer 8 is included in my new Windows 7, but not in the right
> language. I would like to have an Internet Explorer with English texts.
> How
> can I change that?

Sara

Re: Internet Explorer 8 and languages
Thanks for your answers. And it is not possible to download a new Internet
Explorer 8 for my Windows 7 (with the right language)?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Unless you're running Win7 Ultimate (or Enterprise), you're limited to
> adding English input language:
> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...input-language
>
> Sara wrote:
> > Internet Explorer 8 is included in my new Windows 7, but not in the right
> > language. I would like to have an Internet Explorer with English texts.
> > How
> > can I change that?

> .

Bob

Re: Internet Explorer 8 and languages
The message I got was the OP was not asking about "input" languages.

> Unless you're running Win7 Ultimate (or Enterprise), you're limited to
> adding English input language:
> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...input-language
>
> Sara wrote:
>> Internet Explorer 8 is included in my new Windows 7, but not in the right
>> language. I would like to have an Internet Explorer with English texts.
>> How
>> can I change that?

Re: Internet Explorer 8 and languages
Are you running Windows 7 Ultimate or are you running an English-language
version of another Windows 7 edition (e.g., Win7 Home Premium; Win7
Starter)?

Sara wrote:
> Thanks for your answers. And it is not possible to download a new Internet
> Explorer 8 for my Windows 7 (with the right language)?
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Unless you're running Win7 Ultimate (or Enterprise), you're limited to
>> adding English input language:
>> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...input-language
>>
>> Sara wrote:
>>> Internet Explorer 8 is included in my new Windows 7, but not in the
>>> right
>>> language. I would like to have an Internet Explorer with English texts.
>>> How can I change that?

Sara

Re: Internet Explorer 8 and languages
I am running Win 7 Home Premium. All the texts of the (included) Internet
Explorer are in the wrong language, dialog boxes, menus (Is that called
display language?) My idea was to download a new English Internet Explorer 8,
but maybe that is not possible.

"Bob" wrote:

> The message I got was the OP was not asking about "input" languages.

> > Unless you're running Win7 Ultimate (or Enterprise), you're limited to
> > adding English input language:
> > http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...input-language
> >
> > Sara wrote:
> >> Internet Explorer 8 is included in my new Windows 7, but not in the right
> >> language. I would like to have an Internet Explorer with English texts.
> >> How
> >> can I change that?

> .

Rob

Re: Internet Explorer 8 and languages
Sara <Sara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I am running Win 7 Home Premium. All the texts of the (included) Internet
> Explorer are in the wrong language, dialog boxes, menus (Is that called
> display language?) My idea was to download a new English Internet Explorer 8,
> but maybe that is not possible.

What do you mean with "the wrong language"?

Are the texts in the Internet Explorer not the same as all other texts
in your operating system? Do you mean you have a German or French system,
for example, and you call German or French "wrong" and would have liked
English instead?

Other people will call English "the wrong language". So it is important
to write what system language you have, what you expected to get, and
why you call it "wrong".

Re: Internet Explorer 8 and languages
Is it an English-language version of Win7 Home Premium, Sara?

Sara wrote:
> I am running Win 7 Home Premium. All the texts of the (included) Internet
> Explorer are in the wrong language, dialog boxes, menus (Is that called
> display language?) My idea was to download a new English Internet Explorer
> 8, but maybe that is not possible.
>
>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>> Unless you're running Win7 Ultimate (or Enterprise), you're limited to
>>> adding English input language:
>>> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...input-language

Sara

Re: Internet Explorer 8 and languages
It is an English-language version of Win7 Home Premium, but I bought it in
Germany.
Yes, the texts in the Internet Explorer are not the same as all other texts
in the system. The display language of the Internet Explorer 8 is German,
which is (for me) the wrong language. I would like to have the English
version of Internet Explorer 8.
I thought, I could solve the problem by downloading a new Internet Explorer
or changing the language, but none of this seems to be possible. (Or maybe I
don't know how to do it.)