Windows 7 64bit problems with IE8 32bit and eBay

Supernova99

Windows 7 64bit problems with IE8 32bit and eBay
Hi,
Can anyone shed some light on the issue I am having using IE8 32bit on my
Windows 7 64bit machine
When I am on the eBay site I am unable to leave feedback as the dropdown
menu does not appear when selecting the leave positive feedback button. There
is also an issue when trying to navigate to multiple pays as the the page
just refreshes the first page.
If I use the IE8 64bit it works just fine.
I know someone will say why not just use the 64bit version, the reason is
Roboform, this is currently only supported on 32bit browsers.
I use Roboform extensively and do not want to lose this just to browse to
eBay.

Any help would be appreciated
Leonard Grey

Re: Windows 7 64bit problems with IE8 32bit and eBay
Do you have the same experience when you start Internet Explorer from
the 'no add-ons' icon?

Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search box > click Internet
Explorer (No Add-Ons)

Do you have the same experience after you have reset Internet Explorer
settings?

"How to Reset Internet Explorer Settings"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Supernova99 wrote:
> Hi,
> Can anyone shed some light on the issue I am having using IE8 32bit on my
> Windows 7 64bit machine
> When I am on the eBay site I am unable to leave feedback as the dropdown
> menu does not appear when selecting the leave positive feedback button. There
> is also an issue when trying to navigate to multiple pays as the the page
> just refreshes the first page.
> If I use the IE8 64bit it works just fine.
> I know someone will say why not just use the 64bit version, the reason is
> Roboform, this is currently only supported on 32bit browsers.
> I use Roboform extensively and do not want to lose this just to browse to
> eBay.
>
> Any help would be appreciated

rob^_^

Re: Windows 7 64bit problems with IE8 32bit and eBay
Hi Super,

Have you installed the latest windows update?
otherwise try

Tools>Compatibility View Settings, check "Include updated web site lists
from Microsoft"

The follow ebay domains require compatibility view

<domain>ebay.ca</domain>
<domain>ebay.ch</domain>
<domain>ebay.co.uk</domain>
<domain>ebay.com.au</domain>
<domain>ebay.com.hk</domain>
<domain>ebay.com.sg</domain>
<domain>ebay.com</domain>
<domain>ebay.de</domain>
<domain>ebay.es</domain>
<domain>ebay.fr</domain>
<domain>ebay.ie</domain>
<domain>ebay.in</domain>
<domain>ebay.it</domain>
<domain>ebay.nl</domain>
<domain>ebay.pl</domain>

If you have a version of the Ebay toolbar installed, it may be incompatible.
Ebay has a different versions of their toolbar for each country. The most
recent version is only available for download from ebay.com (usa site).

Check also that you have the latest version of Roboform. (No known issues
with Roboform and IE8 though).

It is normal to place important web addresses (banks, email, secure sites)
in your Trusted Sites zone as well and accept the default security zone
settings in IE ("Reset all zones to default" button on Security Zone tab in
Internet Options.)

Regards.

"Supernova99" <Supernova99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Can anyone shed some light on the issue I am having using IE8 32bit on my
> Windows 7 64bit machine
> When I am on the eBay site I am unable to leave feedback as the dropdown
> menu does not appear when selecting the leave positive feedback button.
> There
> is also an issue when trying to navigate to multiple pays as the the page
> just refreshes the first page.
> If I use the IE8 64bit it works just fine.
> I know someone will say why not just use the 64bit version, the reason is
> Roboform, this is currently only supported on 32bit browsers.
> I use Roboform extensively and do not want to lose this just to browse to
> eBay.
>
> Any help would be appreciated

Supernova99

Re: Windows 7 64bit problems with IE8 32bit and eBay
Hi Rob,
Yes I have the latest updates (no difference)
I have also run IE8 with no Add-ons (no difference)
eBay is in my compatabilty settings (no difference)
The only toolbar I use is Roboform
I have the latest Java (32bit & 64bit), Silverlight & Flash installed
I have uninstalled IE8 & reinstalled (no difference)
I have the latest Roboform installed (I don't have any issues with Roboform
it is just not supported in IE8 64bit)
eBay works OK in IE8 64bit (but no roboform support)
I am at a complete loss as to what to do next

Any more ideas anyone?
--
Windows 7 is a revelation!

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi Super,
>
> Have you installed the latest windows update?
> otherwise try
>
> Tools>Compatibility View Settings, check "Include updated web site lists
> from Microsoft"
>
> The follow ebay domains require compatibility view
>
> <domain>ebay.ca</domain>
> <domain>ebay.ch</domain>
> <domain>ebay.co.uk</domain>
> <domain>ebay.com.au</domain>
> <domain>ebay.com.hk</domain>
> <domain>ebay.com.sg</domain>
> <domain>ebay.com</domain>
> <domain>ebay.de</domain>
> <domain>ebay.es</domain>
> <domain>ebay.fr</domain>
> <domain>ebay.ie</domain>
> <domain>ebay.in</domain>
> <domain>ebay.it</domain>
> <domain>ebay.nl</domain>
> <domain>ebay.pl</domain>
>
> If you have a version of the Ebay toolbar installed, it may be incompatible.
> Ebay has a different versions of their toolbar for each country. The most
> recent version is only available for download from ebay.com (usa site).
>
> Check also that you have the latest version of Roboform. (No known issues
> with Roboform and IE8 though).
>
> It is normal to place important web addresses (banks, email, secure sites)
> in your Trusted Sites zone as well and accept the default security zone
> settings in IE ("Reset all zones to default" button on Security Zone tab in
> Internet Options.)
>
> Regards.
>
> "Supernova99" <Supernova99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > Can anyone shed some light on the issue I am having using IE8 32bit on my
> > Windows 7 64bit machine
> > When I am on the eBay site I am unable to leave feedback as the dropdown
> > menu does not appear when selecting the leave positive feedback button.
> > There
> > is also an issue when trying to navigate to multiple pays as the the page
> > just refreshes the first page.
> > If I use the IE8 64bit it works just fine.
> > I know someone will say why not just use the 64bit version, the reason is
> > Roboform, this is currently only supported on 32bit browsers.
> > I use Roboform extensively and do not want to lose this just to browse to
> > eBay.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated

rob^_^

Re: Windows 7 64bit problems with IE8 32bit and eBay
Hi,

Which ebay site are you using? Can you provide the address (of the pages)
that are causing problems.

It could just be that that site has not been updated yet (they maintain
separate sites for each locale)

> [...]
>> > my
>> > Windows 7 64bit machine
>> > When I am on the eBay site I am unable to leave feedback as the
>> > dropdown
>> > menu does not appear when selecting the leave positive feedback button.
>> > There
>> > is also an issue when trying to navigate to multiple pays as the the
>> > page
>> > just refreshes the first page.
>> > If I use the IE8 64bit it works just fine.
>> > I know someone will say why not just use the 64bit version, the reason
>> > is
>> > Roboform, this is currently only supported on 32bit browsers.
>> > I use Roboform extensively and do not want to lose this just to browse
>> > eBay.
>> >
>> > Any help would be appreciated

Supernova99

Re: Windows 7 64bit problems with IE8 32bit and eBay
Hi Rob
http://feedback.ebay.co.uk

--
Windows 7 is a revelation!

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Which ebay site are you using? Can you provide the address (of the pages)
> that are causing problems.
>
> It could just be that that site has not been updated yet (they maintain
> separate sites for each locale)
>
> Regards.
>
> "Supernova99" <Supernova99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Rob,
> > Yes I have the latest updates (no difference)
> > I have also run IE8 with no Add-ons (no difference)
> > eBay is in my compatabilty settings (no difference)
> > The only toolbar I use is Roboform
> > I have the latest Java (32bit & 64bit), Silverlight & Flash installed
> > I have uninstalled IE8 & reinstalled (no difference)
> > I have the latest Roboform installed (I don't have any issues with
> > Roboform
> > it is just not supported in IE8 64bit)
> > eBay works OK in IE8 64bit (but no roboform support)
> > I am at a complete loss as to what to do next
> >
> > Any more ideas anyone?
> > --
> > Windows 7 is a revelation!
> >

> > "rob^_^" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Super,
> >>
> >> Have you installed the latest windows update?
> >> otherwise try
> >>
> >> Tools>Compatibility View Settings, check "Include updated web site lists
> >> from Microsoft"
> >>
> >> The follow ebay domains require compatibility view
> >>
> >> <domain>ebay.ca</domain>
> >> <domain>ebay.ch</domain>
> >> <domain>ebay.co.uk</domain>
> >> <domain>ebay.com.au</domain>
> >> <domain>ebay.com.hk</domain>
> >> <domain>ebay.com.sg</domain>
> >> <domain>ebay.com</domain>
> >> <domain>ebay.de</domain>
> >> <domain>ebay.es</domain>
> >> <domain>ebay.fr</domain>
> >> <domain>ebay.ie</domain>
> >> <domain>ebay.in</domain>
> >> <domain>ebay.it</domain>
> >> <domain>ebay.nl</domain>
> >> <domain>ebay.pl</domain>
> >>
> >> If you have a version of the Ebay toolbar installed, it may be
> >> incompatible.
> >> Ebay has a different versions of their toolbar for each country. The most
> >> recent version is only available for download from ebay.com (usa site).
> >>
> >> Check also that you have the latest version of Roboform. (No known issues
> >> with Roboform and IE8 though).
> >>
> >> It is normal to place important web addresses (banks, email, secure
> >> sites)
> >> in your Trusted Sites zone as well and accept the default security zone
> >> settings in IE ("Reset all zones to default" button on Security Zone tab
> >> in
> >> Internet Options.)
> >>
> >> Regards.

Nathan Sokalski

Re: Windows 7 64bit problems with IE8 32bit and eBay
I'm not going to tell you to just use the 64-bit version, because that would
be a bad suggestion. But I am going to ask why you don't use both versions,
if only one works for a specific site then use that one for that site, if
both work, take your pick. I haven't looked at the code eBay used to make
their site, and even though I haven't heard of any sites that were written
to work only on 64-bit, it seems like that is what it happening here
(although I doubt it was the intention). My best guess is that something on
your machine is corrupted with IE8 32-bit. The only suggestions I can make
for now is to try reinstalling IE8 32-bit and see if that fixes it, or maybe
contact eBay (I'm sure that if the problem is with all 32-bit browsers,
they'll fix it ASAP, since the majority of people are still using 32-bit
browsers). I can't promise anything of course, so good luck!
--
Nathan Sokalski
njsokalski@hotmail.com

"Supernova99" <Supernova99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Can anyone shed some light on the issue I am having using IE8 32bit on my
> Windows 7 64bit machine
> When I am on the eBay site I am unable to leave feedback as the dropdown
> menu does not appear when selecting the leave positive feedback button.
> There
> is also an issue when trying to navigate to multiple pays as the the page
> just refreshes the first page.
> If I use the IE8 64bit it works just fine.
> I know someone will say why not just use the 64bit version, the reason is
> Roboform, this is currently only supported on 32bit browsers.
> I use Roboform extensively and do not want to lose this just to browse to
> eBay.
>
> Any help would be appreciated

Supernova99

Re: Windows 7 64bit problems with IE8 32bit and eBay
Hi Natham,
I currently do that but it is the rest of the family that have an issue with
remembering which IE8 to use, so I would like to get this fixed
Contacting eBay is a good idea I will do that now

I have these BHO's installed
HP Print Enhancer {0347C33E-8762-4905-BF09-768834316C61} C:\Program Files
(x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\Smart Web
Printing\hpswp_printenhancer.dll 131.1.35898.0 Hewlett-Packard Co.
Adobe PDF Link Helper {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} C:\Program
Files (x86)\Common
Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll 9.1.0.163 Adobe Systems
Incorporated
{5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB}
Search Helper {6EBF7485-159F-4bff-A14F-B9E3AAC4465B} C:\Program Files
(x86)\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\Search
Helper\SEPsearchhelperie.dll 1.3.59.0 Microsoft Corporation
{724d43a9-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} C:\Program Files (x86)\Siber
Systems\AI RoboForm\roboform.dll 7.0.3.0 Siber Systems Inc.
Windows Live Sign-in
Helper {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} C:\Program Files (x86)\Common
Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll 5.0.818.5 Microsoft
Corporation
Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV
Helper {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} C:\Program Files
(x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll 6.0.180.7 Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Windows Live Toolbar
Helper {E15A8DC0-8516-42A1-81EA-DC94EC1ACF10} C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows
Live\Toolbar\wltcore.dll 14.0.8064.206 Microsoft Corporation
HP Smart BHO Class {FFFFFFFF-CF4E-4F2B-BDC2-0E72E116A856} C:\Program Files
(x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\Smart Web
Printing\hpswp_BHO.dll 131.1.35898.0 Hewlett-Packard Co.

--
Windows 7 is a revelation!

"Nathan Sokalski" wrote:

> I'm not going to tell you to just use the 64-bit version, because that would
> be a bad suggestion. But I am going to ask why you don't use both versions,
> if only one works for a specific site then use that one for that site, if
> both work, take your pick. I haven't looked at the code eBay used to make
> their site, and even though I haven't heard of any sites that were written
> to work only on 64-bit, it seems like that is what it happening here
> (although I doubt it was the intention). My best guess is that something on
> your machine is corrupted with IE8 32-bit. The only suggestions I can make
> for now is to try reinstalling IE8 32-bit and see if that fixes it, or maybe
> contact eBay (I'm sure that if the problem is with all 32-bit browsers,
> they'll fix it ASAP, since the majority of people are still using 32-bit
> browsers). I can't promise anything of course, so good luck!
> --
> Nathan Sokalski
> njsokalski@hotmail.com
> http://www.nathansokalski.com/
>
> "Supernova99" <Supernova99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > Can anyone shed some light on the issue I am having using IE8 32bit on my
> > Windows 7 64bit machine
> > When I am on the eBay site I am unable to leave feedback as the dropdown
> > menu does not appear when selecting the leave positive feedback button.
> > There
> > is also an issue when trying to navigate to multiple pays as the the page
> > just refreshes the first page.
> > If I use the IE8 64bit it works just fine.
> > I know someone will say why not just use the 64bit version, the reason is
> > Roboform, this is currently only supported on 32bit browsers.
> > I use Roboform extensively and do not want to lose this just to browse to
> > eBay.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated

rob^_^

Re: Windows 7 64bit problems with IE8 32bit and eBay
Hi,

There is a problem with the web site. http://feedback.ebay.co.uk

The eBay page or feature you are attempting to access is not responding.
Please try the options below:
Try to access the feature directly from the eBay Home Page, instead of using
a bookmark.
Wait a few minutes and try to access the feature again.
If what you are looking for is unavailable, you may still be able to access
other parts of the site from the eBay Home page

Here is an explanation of 302 errors.

http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E302.html

ITs up to ebay uk to fix it.

> Hi Rob
> http://feedback.ebay.co.uk
>
> --
> Windows 7 is a revelation!
>

> "rob^_^" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Which ebay site are you using? Can you provide the address (of the pages)
>> that are causing problems.
>>
>> It could just be that that site has not been updated yet (they maintain
>> separate sites for each locale)
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> "Supernova99" <Supernova99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Rob,
>> > Yes I have the latest updates (no difference)
>> > I have also run IE8 with no Add-ons (no difference)
>> > eBay is in my compatabilty settings (no difference)
>> > The only toolbar I use is Roboform
>> > I have the latest Java (32bit & 64bit), Silverlight & Flash installed
>> > I have uninstalled IE8 & reinstalled (no difference)
>> > I have the latest Roboform installed (I don't have any issues with
>> > Roboform
>> > it is just not supported in IE8 64bit)
>> > eBay works OK in IE8 64bit (but no roboform support)
>> > I am at a complete loss as to what to do next
>> >
>> > Any more ideas anyone?
>> > --
>> > Windows 7 is a revelation!

Supernova99

Re: Windows 7 64bit problems with IE8 32bit and eBay
OK I have tried again to uninstall IE8 rebooted etc
I then downloaded the ltest IE8 and tried to install it
file name IE8-WindowsVista-x64-ENU.exe
I also tried to install the 32bit version
IE8-WindowsVista-x86-ENU.exe
however now I get this message..
'Internet Explorer 8 is not supported on this operating system'
Very odd!!

--
Windows 7 is a revelation!