Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

IE8 Installation Problem

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-15-2010
KeithIrv
 

Posts: n/a
IE8 Installation Problem
When I try to update to IE8 (either through automatic update or manually),
the installation process fails to install IE8. Auto Update runs through the
installation but puts a red cross against the "Install Internet Explorer 8"
line. If I try manually, the installation package complains that I need an
update and points me to a page to download an update (KB932823). When I run
this update, it stops telling me that "Setup has detected that the Service
Pack version of the system is newer than the update being applied. There is
no need to install the update". My OS is reported as XP SP3 v 5.1.2600 SP3
version 5913, build 2600 from System Info. I seem to be stuck in a chicken
and egg situation. Any suggestions as to how to rectify this so that I can
install IE8 and get rid of the annoying "Updates are available for your
computer" notification that keeps popping up!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-15-2010
Robert Aldwinckle
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 Installation Problem
(cross-post added to WU)

"KeithIrv" <KeithIrv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2CFCC87F-34C2-4FE8-93BC-7C91F225FEB9@microsoft.com...
> When I try to update to IE8 (either through automatic update or manually),
> the installation process fails to install IE8. Auto Update runs through
> the
> installation but puts a red cross against the "Install Internet Explorer
> 8"
> line.


What kind of "red cross"? Depending on the context I can visualize
something which denotes a file not found or something which failed. In the
former case right-click, Properties or View Source might help clarify; in
the latter case doubleclicking on that button might give you more
information about it.

In fact, though, if what are describing is actually a failed download or
install attempt you would get more explicit clues from the
WindowsUpdate.log (ref. KB902093).


> If I try manually, the installation package complains that I need an
> update and points me to a page to download an update (KB932823).



http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932823

<quote>
This problem occurs if the Japanese Input Method Editor (IME) is the default
keyboard layout.
</quote>

Do you have such a keyboard even configured? ; }


> When I run
> this update, it stops telling me that "Setup has detected that the Service
> Pack version of the system is newer than the update being applied. There
> is
> no need to install the update". My OS is reported as XP SP3 v 5.1.2600
> SP3
> version 5913, build 2600 from System Info.



<quote>
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Windows XP.
</quote>

Evidently you have the latest service pack for your OS but perhaps some of
its modules are out of synch? The WU log should show you more details
about that, even without resorting to its verbose logging, though that would
be a potentially more complete diagnostic. In addition you could
supplement either by running ProcMon to see what else was happening at the
time of each write in terms of file and registry accesses. The ProcMon
trace doesn't exactly identify each message being written but it's not too
difficult to infer that based on the timestamp and the length of the write
involved.


> I seem to be stuck in a chicken
> and egg situation. Any suggestions as to how to rectify this so that I
> can
> install IE8 and get rid of the annoying "Updates are available for your
> computer" notification that keeps popping up!



First you need to clarify your symptoms. Remember, your words have to
substitute for what our eyes might notice.


HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-15-2010
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 Installation Problem
[Crosspost to Windows Update per Robert's lead]

1. Start | Run | (type) WINVER | OK

Write down the complete, second line of text displayed then post it in a
reply to this post.

2. In Windows Explorer, navigate to and right-click on...

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE <=this file

Select Properties | Version (tab): What file version is displayed here
(e.g., v8.0.1234.56789)?

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?
What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these applications running
in the background when you attempted to install IE8?

4. Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the
computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought
it)?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002


KeithIrv wrote:
> When I try to update to IE8 (either through automatic update or manually),
> the installation process fails to install IE8. Auto Update runs through
> the
> installation but puts a red cross against the "Install Internet Explorer
> 8"
> line. If I try manually, the installation package complains that I need
> an
> update and points me to a page to download an update (KB932823). When I
> run
> this update, it stops telling me that "Setup has detected that the Service
> Pack version of the system is newer than the update being applied. There
> is
> no need to install the update". My OS is reported as XP SP3 v 5.1.2600
> SP3
> version 5913, build 2600 from System Info. I seem to be stuck in a
> chicken
> and egg situation. Any suggestions as to how to rectify this so that I
> can
> install IE8 and get rid of the annoying "Updates are available for your
> computer" notification that keeps popping up!


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-19-2010
KeithIrv
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 Installation Problem
Robear,

Apologies for being slow replying!

1. Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.091208-2036: service Pack3,v.5 ..
and then its off the side of the info box and I cannot see the rest)

2. 7.0.6000.16981 at the top f the tab and 7.00.6000.16981
(vista_gdr.091215-2244) in the File Version Value box.

3. Macafee Security Centre. Which is fully updated and current. I have
tried to install IE8 with all AV software and firewalls switched off as well
as all switched on. The result is the same as described.

4. The only AV software has been the Macafee Security Centre as above. Its
a self build machine and I am certain that no free trials AV software (or
spyware) has been installed.

Grateful for your help

Keith


"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [Crosspost to Windows Update per Robert's lead]
>
> 1. Start | Run | (type) WINVER | OK
>
> Write down the complete, second line of text displayed then post it in a
> reply to this post.
>
> 2. In Windows Explorer, navigate to and right-click on...
>
> C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE <=this file
>
> Select Properties | Version (tab): What file version is displayed here
> (e.g., v8.0.1234.56789)?
>
> 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
> subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?
> What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these applications running
> in the background when you attempted to install IE8?
>
> 4. Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the
> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought
> it)?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
>
>
> KeithIrv wrote:
> > When I try to update to IE8 (either through automatic update or manually),
> > the installation process fails to install IE8. Auto Update runs through
> > the
> > installation but puts a red cross against the "Install Internet Explorer
> > 8"
> > line. If I try manually, the installation package complains that I need
> > an
> > update and points me to a page to download an update (KB932823). When I
> > run
> > this update, it stops telling me that "Setup has detected that the Service
> > Pack version of the system is newer than the update being applied. There
> > is
> > no need to install the update". My OS is reported as XP SP3 v 5.1.2600
> > SP3
> > version 5913, build 2600 from System Info. I seem to be stuck in a
> > chicken
> > and egg situation. Any suggestions as to how to rectify this so that I
> > can
> > install IE8 and get rid of the annoying "Updates are available for your
> > computer" notification that keeps popping up!

>
> .
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-19-2010
KeithIrv
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 Installation Problem
Robert,

Apologies for slow reply,

Its just a small x as opposed to the green tick that appears against other
lines, such as "Downloading Files" (indicating that the line its against was
not actioned. It also appears againt the line "Checking computer for
Malicious Software"). Its on the "Install Windows Internet Explorer 8"
screen that appears via Automatic Updates.

From WindowsUpdate.log:
"2010-02-19 09:04:11:859 1224 a18 Agent * Added update
{37DD5CBC-6257-4291-96A9-333FE0AAC9E5}.100 to search result
2010-02-19 09:04:11:859 1224 a18 Agent * Found 1 updates and 55 categories
in search; evaluated appl. rules of 697 out of 1910 deployed entities
2010-02-19 09:04:12:421 1224 a18 Agent *********
2010-02-19 09:04:12:421 1224 a18 Agent ** END ** Agent: Finding updates
[CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
2010-02-19 09:04:12:421 1224 a18 Agent *************
2010-02-19 09:04:12:437 1224 1144 AU >>## RESUMED ## AU: Search for
updates [CallId = {A53AA748-1301-4EF5-989E-6D2EC9EB3632}]
2010-02-19 09:04:12:437 1224 1144 AU # 1 updates detected
2010-02-19 09:04:12:453 1224 1144 AU #########
2010-02-19 09:04:12:453 1224 1144 AU ## END ## AU: Search for updates
[CallId = {A53AA748-1301-4EF5-989E-6D2EC9EB3632}]
2010-02-19 09:04:12:453 1224 1144 AU #############
2010-02-19 09:04:12:453 1224 1144 AU Featured notifications is disabled.
2010-02-19 09:04:12:453 1224 1144 AU Setting AU scheduled install time to
2010-02-20 03:00:00
2010-02-19 09:04:12:453 1224 1144 AU Auto-approving update for download,
updateId = {37DD5CBC-6257-4291-96A9-333FE0AAC9E5}.100, ForUx=0, IsOwnerUx=0,
HasDeadline=0, IsMinor=0
2010-02-19 09:04:12:453 1224 1144 AU Auto-approved 1 update(s) for download
(NOT for Ux)
2010-02-19 09:04:12:453 1224 1144 AU #############
2010-02-19 09:04:12:453 1224 1144 AU ## START ## AU: Download updates
2010-02-19 09:04:12:453 1224 1144 AU #########
2010-02-19 09:04:12:453 1224 1144 AU # Approved updates = 1
2010-02-19 09:04:12:500 1224 1144 AU AU initiated download, updateId =
{37DD5CBC-6257-4291-96A9-333FE0AAC9E5}.100, callId =
{1EF10012-19C3-4BF7-89C2-1569BC5DA4B7}
2010-02-19 09:04:12:500 1224 1144 AU Setting AU scheduled install time to
2010-02-20 03:00:00
2010-02-19 09:04:12:500 1224 1144 AU AU setting pending client directive to
'Download Progress'
2010-02-19 09:04:12:671 1224 1144 AU # Pending download calls = 1
2010-02-19 09:04:12:671 1224 1144 AU <<## SUBMITTED ## AU: Download updates
2010-02-19 09:04:13:093 1224 a18 DnldMgr *************
2010-02-19 09:04:13:093 1224 a18 DnldMgr ** START ** DnldMgr: Downloading
updates [CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
2010-02-19 09:04:13:093 1224 a18 DnldMgr *********
2010-02-19 09:04:13:093 1224 a18 DnldMgr * Call ID =
{1EF10012-19C3-4BF7-89C2-1569BC5DA4B7}
2010-02-19 09:04:13:093 1224 a18 DnldMgr * Priority = 2, Interactive = 0,
Owner is system = 1, Explicit proxy = 0, Proxy session id = -1, ServiceId =
{7971F918-A847-4430-9279-4A52D1EFE18D}
2010-02-19 09:04:13:093 1224 a18 DnldMgr * Updates to download = 1
2010-02-19 09:04:13:093 1224 a18 Agent * Title = Internet Explorer 8 for
Windows XP
2010-02-19 09:04:13:093 1224 a18 Agent * UpdateId =
{37DD5CBC-6257-4291-96A9-333FE0AAC9E5}.100
2010-02-19 09:04:13:093 1224 a18 Agent * Bundles 1 updates:
2010-02-19 09:04:13:093 1224 a18 Agent *
{3D80CE0A-0893-4D4C-BBCE-C6FAAFA94CD5}.100
2010-02-19 09:04:13:187 1224 a18 DnldMgr *********** DnldMgr: Regulation
Refresh [Svc: {7971F918-A847-4430-9279-4A52D1EFE18D}] ***********
2010-02-19 09:04:13:187 1224 a18 DnldMgr Contacting regulation server for 1
updates.
2010-02-19 09:04:13:281 1224 a18 Misc Validating signature for
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\WuRedir\7971F918-A847-4430-9279-4A52D1EFE18D\wuredir.cab:
2010-02-19 09:04:13:296 1224 a18 Misc Microsoft signed: Yes
2010-02-19 09:04:13:296 1224 a18 PT URL for regulation server found in
server config.
2010-02-19 09:04:13:296 1224 a18 DnldMgr Regulation server path:
https://www.update.microsoft.com/v6/...egulation.asmx.
2010-02-19 09:04:13:937 1224 a18 DnldMgr * Regulation call complete.
0x00000000
2010-02-19 09:04:13:953 1224 a18 DnldMgr *********** DnldMgr: New download
job [UpdateId = {3D80CE0A-0893-4D4C-BBCE-C6FAAFA94CD5}.100] ***********
2010-02-19 09:04:14:687 1224 a18 DnldMgr * All files for update were
already downloaded and are valid.
2010-02-19 09:04:14:765 1224 1144 AU >>## RESUMED ## AU: Download update
[UpdateId = {37DD5CBC-6257-4291-96A9-333FE0AAC9E5}, succeeded]
2010-02-19 09:04:14:765 1224 a18 Agent *********
2010-02-19 09:04:14:765 1224 a18 Agent ** END ** Agent: Downloading
updates [CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
2010-02-19 09:04:14:765 1224 1144 AU #########
2010-02-19 09:04:14:765 1224 a18 Agent *************
2010-02-19 09:04:14:765 1224 1144 AU ## END ## AU: Download updates
2010-02-19 09:04:14:765 1224 1144 AU #############
2010-02-19 09:04:14:765 1224 1144 AU Setting AU scheduled install time to
2010-02-20 03:00:00
2010-02-19 09:04:14:765 1224 1144 AU AU setting pending client directive to
'Install Approval' "

I do not have the Japenese keyboard congigured. Mine is UK keyboard.

Not sure what Procmon is. It doesn't run when I type it into the "Run"
command box from the Start menu.

Many thanks for your help.

Keith


"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> (cross-post added to WU)
>
> "KeithIrv" <KeithIrv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:2CFCC87F-34C2-4FE8-93BC-7C91F225FEB9@microsoft.com...
> > When I try to update to IE8 (either through automatic update or manually),
> > the installation process fails to install IE8. Auto Update runs through
> > the
> > installation but puts a red cross against the "Install Internet Explorer
> > 8"
> > line.

>
> What kind of "red cross"? Depending on the context I can visualize
> something which denotes a file not found or something which failed. In the
> former case right-click, Properties or View Source might help clarify; in
> the latter case doubleclicking on that button might give you more
> information about it.
>
> In fact, though, if what are describing is actually a failed download or
> install attempt you would get more explicit clues from the
> WindowsUpdate.log (ref. KB902093).
>
>
> > If I try manually, the installation package complains that I need an
> > update and points me to a page to download an update (KB932823).

>
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932823
>
> <quote>
> This problem occurs if the Japanese Input Method Editor (IME) is the default
> keyboard layout.
> </quote>
>
> Do you have such a keyboard even configured? ; }
>
>
> > When I run
> > this update, it stops telling me that "Setup has detected that the Service
> > Pack version of the system is newer than the update being applied. There
> > is
> > no need to install the update". My OS is reported as XP SP3 v 5.1.2600
> > SP3
> > version 5913, build 2600 from System Info.

>
>
> <quote>
> To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Windows XP.
> </quote>
>
> Evidently you have the latest service pack for your OS but perhaps some of
> its modules are out of synch? The WU log should show you more details
> about that, even without resorting to its verbose logging, though that would
> be a potentially more complete diagnostic. In addition you could
> supplement either by running ProcMon to see what else was happening at the
> time of each write in terms of file and registry accesses. The ProcMon
> trace doesn't exactly identify each message being written but it's not too
> difficult to infer that based on the timestamp and the length of the write
> involved.
>
>
> > I seem to be stuck in a chicken
> > and egg situation. Any suggestions as to how to rectify this so that I
> > can
> > install IE8 and get rid of the annoying "Updates are available for your
> > computer" notification that keeps popping up!

>
>
> First you need to clarify your symptoms. Remember, your words have to
> substitute for what our eyes might notice.
>
>
> HTH
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---
>
> .
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-19-2010
Robert Aldwinckle
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 Installation Problem

"KeithIrv" <KeithIrv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:3F0AC6F6-0CAC-4EB6-82BD-1DE7D1AA7A77@microsoft.com...
> Robert,
>
> Apologies for slow reply,
>


> Its just a small x as opposed to the green tick that appears against other
> lines, such as "Downloading Files" (indicating that the line its against
> was
> not actioned. It also appears againt the line "Checking computer for
> Malicious Software"). Its on the "Install Windows Internet Explorer 8"
> screen that appears via Automatic Updates.



Then I think you may be able to doubleclick on it and get more detail for
it.


>
> From WindowsUpdate.log:



> 2010-02-19 09:04:14:687 1224 a18 DnldMgr * All files for update were
> already downloaded and are valid.


> 2010-02-19 09:04:14:765 1224 1144 AU AU setting pending client directive
> to
> 'Install Approval' "



I don't see a problem there.


> I do not have the Japenese keyboard congigured. Mine is UK keyboard.
>
> Not sure what Procmon is. It doesn't run when I type it into the "Run"
> command box from the Start menu.



Try entering it in your IE search bar? ; }


Good luck

Robert
---


>
> Many thanks for your help.
>
> Keith
>
>
> "Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:
>
>> (cross-post added to WU)
>>
>> "KeithIrv" <KeithIrv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:2CFCC87F-34C2-4FE8-93BC-7C91F225FEB9@microsoft.com...
>> > When I try to update to IE8 (either through automatic update or
>> > manually),
>> > the installation process fails to install IE8. Auto Update runs
>> > through
>> > the
>> > installation but puts a red cross against the "Install Internet
>> > Explorer
>> > 8"
>> > line.

>>
>> What kind of "red cross"? Depending on the context I can visualize
>> something which denotes a file not found or something which failed. In
>> the
>> former case right-click, Properties or View Source might help clarify; in
>> the latter case doubleclicking on that button might give you more
>> information about it.
>>
>> In fact, though, if what are describing is actually a failed download or
>> install attempt you would get more explicit clues from the
>> WindowsUpdate.log (ref. KB902093).
>>
>>
>> > If I try manually, the installation package complains that I need an
>> > update and points me to a page to download an update (KB932823).

>>
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932823
>>
>> <quote>
>> This problem occurs if the Japanese Input Method Editor (IME) is the
>> default
>> keyboard layout.
>> </quote>
>>
>> Do you have such a keyboard even configured? ; }
>>
>>
>> > When I run
>> > this update, it stops telling me that "Setup has detected that the
>> > Service
>> > Pack version of the system is newer than the update being applied.
>> > There
>> > is
>> > no need to install the update". My OS is reported as XP SP3 v 5.1.2600
>> > SP3
>> > version 5913, build 2600 from System Info.

>>
>>
>> <quote>
>> To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Windows XP.
>> </quote>
>>
>> Evidently you have the latest service pack for your OS but perhaps some
>> of
>> its modules are out of synch? The WU log should show you more details
>> about that, even without resorting to its verbose logging, though that
>> would
>> be a potentially more complete diagnostic. In addition you could
>> supplement either by running ProcMon to see what else was happening at
>> the
>> time of each write in terms of file and registry accesses. The ProcMon
>> trace doesn't exactly identify each message being written but it's not
>> too
>> difficult to infer that based on the timestamp and the length of the
>> write
>> involved.
>>
>>
>> > I seem to be stuck in a chicken
>> > and egg situation. Any suggestions as to how to rectify this so that I
>> > can
>> > install IE8 and get rid of the annoying "Updates are available for your
>> > computer" notification that keeps popping up!

>>
>>
>> First you need to clarify your symptoms. Remember, your words have to
>> substitute for what our eyes might notice.
>>
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> Robert Aldwinckle
>> ---
>>
>> .
>>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02-19-2010
PA Bear [MS MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: IE8 Installation Problem
Is McAfee Security Centre a "freebie" from your ISP or have you purchased it
and your subscription's still current?

The above notwithstanding, see if running this McAfee three-step fix (and
then installing IE8 manually per my recommendations) resolves the problem:
http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507

My personal recommendations include:

=> Install IE8 manually, not via Windows Update/Automatic Updates!!
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...ide-sites.aspx

NB: Save the installer to your desktop, do not Run it. When you're prepared
to install IE8, double-click on the saved file.

=> Uninstall all third-party toolbars (e.g., Google; Yahoo; Windows Live)
and third-party Windows Themes before installing IE8.

=> Close all open applications (i.e., anything with a taskbar icon) before
installing or uninstalling IE8.

=> Disable all McAfee Security Centre processes (i.e., anti-virus;
anti-spyware; firewall) and then enable the Windows Firewall prior to
installing IE8.

=> Reboot twice after installing or uninstalling IE8, then go to
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com | Select CUSTOM and scan | Install any
Critical Security Updates offered (i.e., KB976325). If a Root Certificates
update is listed in the Optional Updates category, install it to take full
advantage of IE's enhanced security.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002


KeithIrv wrote:
> Robear,
>
> Apologies for being slow replying!
>
> 1. Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.091208-2036: service Pack3,v.5 ..
> and then its off the side of the info box and I cannot see the rest)
>
> 2. 7.0.6000.16981 at the top f the tab and 7.00.6000.16981
> (vista_gdr.091215-2244) in the File Version Value box.
>
> 3. Macafee Security Centre. Which is fully updated and current. I have
> tried to install IE8 with all AV software and firewalls switched off as
> well
> as all switched on. The result is the same as described.
>
> 4. The only AV software has been the Macafee Security Centre as above.
> Its
> a self build machine and I am certain that no free trials AV software (or
> spyware) has been installed.
>
> Grateful for your help
>
> Keith
>
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> [Crosspost to Windows Update per Robert's lead]
>>
>> 1. Start | Run | (type) WINVER | OK
>>
>> Write down the complete, second line of text displayed then post it in a
>> reply to this post.
>>
>> 2. In Windows Explorer, navigate to and right-click on...
>>
>> C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE <=this file
>>
>> Select Properties | Version (tab): What file version is displayed here
>> (e.g., v8.0.1234.56789)?
>>
>> 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
>> subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than
>> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these
>> applications running in the background when you attempted to install IE8?
>>
>> 4. Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the
>> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
>> bought
>> it)?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
>>
>>
>> KeithIrv wrote:
>>> When I try to update to IE8 (either through automatic update or
>>> manually),
>>> the installation process fails to install IE8. Auto Update runs through
>>> the
>>> installation but puts a red cross against the "Install Internet Explorer
>>> 8"
>>> line. If I try manually, the installation package complains that I need
>>> an
>>> update and points me to a page to download an update (KB932823). When I
>>> run
>>> this update, it stops telling me that "Setup has detected that the
>>> Service
>>> Pack version of the system is newer than the update being applied.
>>> There
>>> is
>>> no need to install the update". My OS is reported as XP SP3 v 5.1.2600
>>> SP3
>>> version 5913, build 2600 from System Info. I seem to be stuck in a
>>> chicken
>>> and egg situation. Any suggestions as to how to rectify this so that I
>>> can
>>> install IE8 and get rid of the annoying "Updates are available for your
>>> computer" notification that keeps popping up!

>>
>> .


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IE8 Installation Problem GeoffG microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 9 11-21-2009 09:32
WIndows7 installation: Gleiches Problem wie bei der installation von Vista ( Grafikkarte Fehlercode 43 ) Sylvio Heuser microsoft.public.de.windows.vista.installation 1 10-22-2009 18:48
FSX SP2 installation problem StoneColdChris microsoft.public.windows.vista.games 10 05-26-2009 22:25
SP installation problem puja_bhakti microsoft.public.windowsupdate 2 07-12-2008 18:33
Installation problem =?Utf-8?B?U2hhZG83MTM=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 4 03-12-2007 16:55




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:46.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120