Pingtest.net

Bill R

Pingtest.net
For some weeks now I've tried to do a ping test with pingtest.net. All I'm
getting is messages "This tab has been recovered. A problem has occurred
with this web page" and "Internet explorer has closed down this web page to
help protect your computer". I'm running IE8 with Flash Player installed
and running OK.

Any ideas how to resolve this please?

Thanks.

Bill R

Donald Anadell

Re: Pingtest.net

"Bill R" <bill@compsols.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> For some weeks now I've tried to do a ping test with pingtest.net. All
> I'm getting is messages "This tab has been recovered. A problem has
> occurred with this web page" and "Internet explorer has closed down this
> web page to help protect your computer". I'm running IE8 with Flash
> Player installed and running OK.
>
> Any ideas how to resolve this please?

The site uses Flash as well as Java, do you have the latest versions of both
installed on the machine?

The latest version of the Flash Player is version 10.0.42.34, and the latest
version of the Sun Java Runtime Enviornment is Sun JRE Update 18.

Your firewall may be blocking Java from accessing the internet.

When I run the test at that site I get a Windows Security Alert(Firewall)
asking whether to Unblock, or Keep Blocking the Sun Java platform from
accepting connections from the internet.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Thanks.
>
> Bill R

Bill R

Re: Pingtest.net
"Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message

> "Bill R" <bill@compsols.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> For some weeks now I've tried to do a ping test with pingtest.net. All
>> I'm getting is messages "This tab has been recovered. A problem has
>> occurred with this web page" and "Internet explorer has closed down this
>> web page to help protect your computer". I'm running IE8 with Flash
>> Player installed and running OK.
>>
>> Any ideas how to resolve this please?

> The site uses Flash as well as Java, do you have the latest versions of
> both installed on the machine?
>
> The latest version of the Flash Player is version 10.0.42.34, and the
> latest version of the Sun Java Runtime Enviornment is Sun JRE Update 18.
>
> Your firewall may be blocking Java from accessing the internet.
>
> When I run the test at that site I get a Windows Security Alert(Firewall)
> asking whether to Unblock, or Keep Blocking the Sun Java platform from
> accepting connections from the internet.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Bill R

Many thanks Donald. Jave is now installed so now it works perfectly

> "Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Bill R" <bill@compsols.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> For some weeks now I've tried to do a ping test with pingtest.net. All
>>> I'm getting is messages "This tab has been recovered. A problem has
>>> occurred with this web page" and "Internet explorer has closed down this
>>> web page to help protect your computer". I'm running IE8 with Flash
>>> Player installed and running OK.
>>>
>>> Any ideas how to resolve this please?

>> The site uses Flash as well as Java, do you have the latest versions of
>> both installed on the machine?
>>
>> The latest version of the Flash Player is version 10.0.42.34, and the
>> latest version of the Sun Java Runtime Enviornment is Sun JRE Update 18.
>>
>> Your firewall may be blocking Java from accessing the internet.
>>
>> When I run the test at that site I get a Windows Security Alert(Firewall)
>> asking whether to Unblock, or Keep Blocking the Sun Java platform from
>> accepting connections from the internet.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Bill R

> Many thanks Donald. Jave is now installed so now it works perfectly

You're welcome Bill, glad you got it sorted out.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell