Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Pages not opening in a new tab

microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-14-2010
Needsumhelp
 

Posts: n/a
Pages not opening in a new tab
Running IE8 on xp home sp3.
Under internet options I have the tabs set to the default configuration, but
pages will not open in a new tab. If I cliclk with the mid mouse button they
will or if ichoose right click and, 'open in new tab' they will. Reinstalled
IE8, worked ok once, then quit again. Any help much appreciated.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-14-2010
fuzzy52
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Pages not opening in a new tab


"Needsumhelp" wrote:

> Running IE8 on xp home sp3.
> Under internet options I have the tabs set to the default configuration, but
> pages will not open in a new tab. If I cliclk with the mid mouse button they
> will or if ichoose right click and, 'open in new tab' they will. Reinstalled
> IE8, worked ok once, then quit again. Any help much appreciated.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-15-2010
Don Varnau
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Pages not opening in a new tab
Hi,
Start Internet Explorer without add-ons by right-clicking the IE icon on the
desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
or
from Start> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no
add-ons)
If the problem goes away, a browser add-on is causing it.
For troubleshooting information see:
IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx

Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]


"Needsumhelp" <Needsumhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:AFB54B04-A19E-4E24-9F3A-D0594F44814B@microsoft.com...
> Running IE8 on xp home sp3.
> Under internet options I have the tabs set to the default configuration,

but
> pages will not open in a new tab. If I cliclk with the mid mouse button

they
> will or if ichoose right click and, 'open in new tab' they will.

Reinstalled
> IE8, worked ok once, then quit again. Any help much appreciated.


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-15-2010
Needsumhelp
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Pages not opening in a new tab
Thanks Dan, for the help.
Starting without add-ons did not fix this problem.
Opening links in a new window and/or opening links in a new tab do not work.
All other tab settings appear to work if they are checked/unchecked.
I love tabbed browsing and have always used IE so I really don't want to
switch to a different browser. It would be great to have this issue resolved.
Any other ideas?
Thanks again

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> Start Internet Explorer without add-ons by right-clicking the IE icon on the
> desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
> or
> from Start> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no
> add-ons)
> If the problem goes away, a browser add-on is causing it.
> For troubleshooting information see:
> IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx
>
> Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx
> -
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
>
> "Needsumhelp" <Needsumhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:AFB54B04-A19E-4E24-9F3A-D0594F44814B@microsoft.com...
> > Running IE8 on xp home sp3.
> > Under internet options I have the tabs set to the default configuration,

> but
> > pages will not open in a new tab. If I cliclk with the mid mouse button

> they
> > will or if ichoose right click and, 'open in new tab' they will.

> Reinstalled
> > IE8, worked ok once, then quit again. Any help much appreciated.

>
> .
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-15-2010
Donald Anadell
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Pages not opening in a new tab

"Needsumhelp" <Needsumhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:44FAE42A-CC1E-4A95-BB3D-181717DEE265@microsoft.com...
> Thanks Dan, for the help.
> Starting without add-ons did not fix this problem.
> Opening links in a new window and/or opening links in a new tab do not
> work.
> All other tab settings appear to work if they are checked/unchecked.
> I love tabbed browsing and have always used IE so I really don't want to
> switch to a different browser. It would be great to have this issue
> resolved.
> Any other ideas?


I'm not convinced yet that you even have a problem, what is it in the
following
instructions that do not work for you with regard to opening a link in the
Browser in a new tab?

1.CTRL + Left mouse click
2. Rightclick "Open in New Tab
3. mouse wheel click

How do I open a new tab?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...sked-questions

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Thanks again
>
> "Don Varnau" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Start Internet Explorer without add-ons by right-clicking the IE icon on
>> the
>> desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
>> or
>> from Start> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no
>> add-ons)
>> If the problem goes away, a browser add-on is causing it.
>> For troubleshooting information see:
>> IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer's (No Add-ons) Mode:
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx
>>
>> Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
>> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx
>> -
>> Hope this helps,
>> Don
>> [MS MVP- IE]
>>
>>
>> "Needsumhelp" <Needsumhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:AFB54B04-A19E-4E24-9F3A-D0594F44814B@microsoft.com...
>> > Running IE8 on xp home sp3.
>> > Under internet options I have the tabs set to the default
>> > configuration,

>> but
>> > pages will not open in a new tab. If I cliclk with the mid mouse button

>> they
>> > will or if ichoose right click and, 'open in new tab' they will.

>> Reinstalled
>> > IE8, worked ok once, then quit again. Any help much appreciated.

>>
>> .
>>



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-15-2010
Needsumhelp
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Pages not opening in a new tab
Thanks Donald Anadell
Perhaps, you are correct that I do not have a problem. I was under the
impression that if -open links from other programs in a new tab in the
current window was selected,-- a new tab would open automatically with a left
mouse click as long as tabbed browsing was enabled. So, is it not possible to
open new tabs with just a left mouse click?
All of the instructions you listed in your post do work for me.
Thanks again for your patience.

P.S. ( My apologies to Don Varnau for referring to you as 'Dan' in my last
post).

"Donald Anadell" wrote:

>
> "Needsumhelp" <Needsumhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:44FAE42A-CC1E-4A95-BB3D-181717DEE265@microsoft.com...
> > Thanks Dan, for the help.
> > Starting without add-ons did not fix this problem.
> > Opening links in a new window and/or opening links in a new tab do not
> > work.
> > All other tab settings appear to work if they are checked/unchecked.
> > I love tabbed browsing and have always used IE so I really don't want to
> > switch to a different browser. It would be great to have this issue
> > resolved.
> > Any other ideas?

>
> I'm not convinced yet that you even have a problem, what is it in the
> following
> instructions that do not work for you with regard to opening a link in the
> Browser in a new tab?
>
> 1.CTRL + Left mouse click
> 2. Rightclick "Open in New Tab
> 3. mouse wheel click
>
> How do I open a new tab?
> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...sked-questions
>
> Good luck,
>
> Donald Anadell
>
> > Thanks again
> >
> > "Don Varnau" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >> Start Internet Explorer without add-ons by right-clicking the IE icon on
> >> the
> >> desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
> >> or
> >> from Start> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no
> >> add-ons)
> >> If the problem goes away, a browser add-on is causing it.
> >> For troubleshooting information see:
> >> IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer's (No Add-ons) Mode:
> >> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx
> >>
> >> Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
> >> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx
> >> -
> >> Hope this helps,
> >> Don
> >> [MS MVP- IE]
> >>
> >>
> >> "Needsumhelp" <Needsumhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:AFB54B04-A19E-4E24-9F3A-D0594F44814B@microsoft.com...
> >> > Running IE8 on xp home sp3.
> >> > Under internet options I have the tabs set to the default
> >> > configuration,
> >> but
> >> > pages will not open in a new tab. If I cliclk with the mid mouse button
> >> they
> >> > will or if ichoose right click and, 'open in new tab' they will.
> >> Reinstalled
> >> > IE8, worked ok once, then quit again. Any help much appreciated.
> >>
> >> .
> >>

>
>
> .
>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02-15-2010
Donald Anadell
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Pages not opening in a new tab

"Needsumhelp" <Needsumhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:410897DA-CC58-4376-A369-926B73257D34@microsoft.com...
> Thanks Donald Anadell
> Perhaps, you are correct that I do not have a problem. I was under the
> impression that if -open links from other programs in a new tab in the
> current window was selected,-- a new tab would open automatically with a
> left
> mouse click as long as tabbed browsing was enabled. So, is it not possible
> to
> open new tabs with just a left mouse click?
> All of the instructions you listed in your post do work for me.


You're welcome.

WYSIWYG

Good Luck,

Donald Anadell



> Thanks again for your patience.
>
> P.S. ( My apologies to Don Varnau for referring to you as 'Dan' in my last
> post).
>
> "Donald Anadell" wrote:
>
>>
>> "Needsumhelp" <Needsumhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:44FAE42A-CC1E-4A95-BB3D-181717DEE265@microsoft.com...
>> > Thanks Dan, for the help.
>> > Starting without add-ons did not fix this problem.
>> > Opening links in a new window and/or opening links in a new tab do not
>> > work.
>> > All other tab settings appear to work if they are checked/unchecked.
>> > I love tabbed browsing and have always used IE so I really don't want
>> > to
>> > switch to a different browser. It would be great to have this issue
>> > resolved.
>> > Any other ideas?

>>
>> I'm not convinced yet that you even have a problem, what is it in the
>> following
>> instructions that do not work for you with regard to opening a link in
>> the
>> Browser in a new tab?
>>
>> 1.CTRL + Left mouse click
>> 2. Rightclick "Open in New Tab
>> 3. mouse wheel click
>>
>> How do I open a new tab?
>> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...sked-questions
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Donald Anadell
>>
>> > Thanks again
>> >
>> > "Don Varnau" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Hi,
>> >> Start Internet Explorer without add-ons by right-clicking the IE icon
>> >> on
>> >> the
>> >> desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
>> >> or
>> >> from Start> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no
>> >> add-ons)
>> >> If the problem goes away, a browser add-on is causing it.
>> >> For troubleshooting information see:
>> >> IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer's (No Add-ons) Mode:
>> >> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx
>> >>
>> >> Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked
>> >> questions:
>> >> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx
>> >> -
>> >> Hope this helps,
>> >> Don
>> >> [MS MVP- IE]
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> "Needsumhelp" <Needsumhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:AFB54B04-A19E-4E24-9F3A-D0594F44814B@microsoft.com...
>> >> > Running IE8 on xp home sp3.
>> >> > Under internet options I have the tabs set to the default
>> >> > configuration,
>> >> but
>> >> > pages will not open in a new tab. If I cliclk with the mid mouse
>> >> > button
>> >> they
>> >> > will or if ichoose right click and, 'open in new tab' they will.
>> >> Reinstalled
>> >> > IE8, worked ok once, then quit again. Any help much appreciated.
>> >>
>> >> .
>> >>

>>
>>
>> .
>>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IE 7 not opening pages on 1st try ? Tim microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 1 07-26-2009 20:05
Additional Pages Opening Joe microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 5 01-31-2009 17:14
Web pages not opening Gammo786 microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 1 12-25-2008 23:14
images not opening in web pages Scruffy microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general 2 12-12-2008 07:47
Double pages opening up apolitical microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 11-25-2008 13:21




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:13.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120