IE8 Doesn't close properly

MagickWand

IE8 Doesn't close properly
Two questions:
1. Can someone explain why IE8 crashes 99% of the time?
2. Why is iexplore.exe still running 30 minutes after it crashed and the
"Close Program" was clicked on the "Internet Explorer is Not Responding"
dialog box? (see attachment)
Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 Doesn't close properly
When you provide so little detail in your question, it's impossible for
anyone to offer specific advice.

Experience has shown that virtually every problem encountered with
recent versions of Internet Explorer is caused by one or more of:
1- an incompatible add-on;
2- incorrect configuration settings;
3- incorrect installation (if the browser was installed by the user); and
4- malware infection.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

MagickWand wrote:
> Two questions:
> 1. Can someone explain why IE8 crashes 99% of the time?
> 2. Why is iexplore.exe still running 30 minutes after it crashed and the
> "Close Program" was clicked on the "Internet Explorer is Not Responding"
> dialog box? (see attachment)

Nasser

Re: IE8 Doesn't close properly
After two or three clicks the message (not responding) appears on the title
bar. I deleted all cokies and temp files, also, disabled all adds-on. The
problem peresists! Any suggestion? ... many thanks.

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> When you provide so little detail in your question, it's impossible for
> anyone to offer specific advice.
>
> Experience has shown that virtually every problem encountered with
> recent versions of Internet Explorer is caused by one or more of:
> 1- an incompatible add-on;
> 2- incorrect configuration settings;
> 3- incorrect installation (if the browser was installed by the user); and
> 4- malware infection.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> MagickWand wrote:
> > Two questions:
> > 1. Can someone explain why IE8 crashes 99% of the time?
> > 2. Why is iexplore.exe still running 30 minutes after it crashed and the
> > "Close Program" was clicked on the "Internet Explorer is Not Responding"
> > dialog box? (see attachment)

> .

Nasser

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> When you provide so little detail in your question, it's impossible for
> anyone to offer specific advice.
>
> Experience has shown that virtually every problem encountered with
> recent versions of Internet Explorer is caused by one or more of:
> 1- an incompatible add-on;
> 2- incorrect configuration settings;
> 3- incorrect installation (if the browser was installed by the user); and
> 4- malware infection.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> MagickWand wrote:
> > Two questions:
> > 1. Can someone explain why IE8 crashes 99% of the time?
> > 2. Why is iexplore.exe still running 30 minutes after it crashed and the
> > "Close Program" was clicked on the "Internet Explorer is Not Responding"
> > dialog box? (see attachment)

> .

Nasser

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> When you provide so little detail in your question, it's impossible for
> anyone to offer specific advice.
>
> Experience has shown that virtually every problem encountered with
> recent versions of Internet Explorer is caused by one or more of:
> 1- an incompatible add-on;
> 2- incorrect configuration settings;
> 3- incorrect installation (if the browser was installed by the user); and
> 4- malware infection.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> MagickWand wrote:
> > Two questions:
> > 1. Can someone explain why IE8 crashes 99% of the time?
> > 2. Why is iexplore.exe still running 30 minutes after it crashed and the
> > "Close Program" was clicked on the "Internet Explorer is Not Responding"
> > dialog box? (see attachment)

> .

Nasser

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> When you provide so little detail in your question, it's impossible for
> anyone to offer specific advice.
>
> Experience has shown that virtually every problem encountered with
> recent versions of Internet Explorer is caused by one or more of:
> 1- an incompatible add-on;
> 2- incorrect configuration settings;
> 3- incorrect installation (if the browser was installed by the user); and
> 4- malware infection.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> MagickWand wrote:
> > Two questions:
> > 1. Can someone explain why IE8 crashes 99% of the time?
> > 2. Why is iexplore.exe still running 30 minutes after it crashed and the
> > "Close Program" was clicked on the "Internet Explorer is Not Responding"
> > dialog box? (see attachment)

> .

Re: IE8 Doesn't close properly
Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version
when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next
reply.

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 &
IE8 in all OSS]

Vista or WinXP: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
Win7:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...lorer-settings

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
What third-party firewall (if any)? If Vista or WinXP: Were any of these
applications running in the background when you installed IE8?

it)?