ie8 favoriets & home page

carz105

ie8 favoriets & home page
Change IE8 back so I can set my own favorites & home page. Every time I
reboot my computer IE resets my home page to MSN and Bing and ads a whole
bunch of MSN sites to my favorites bar that I don't want. (I would have MSN
as my home page anyway)
I am considering switching to Chrome for my web browser because of this

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Re: ie8 favoriets & home page
Is MSN and/or Bing Toolbar installed?

Are you an MSN Dial-up subscriber?

carz105 wrote:
> Change IE8 back so I can set my own favorites & home page. Every time I
> reboot my computer IE resets my home page to MSN and Bing and ads a whole
> bunch of MSN sites to my favorites bar that I don't want. (I would have
> MSN
> as my home page anyway)
> I am considering switching to Chrome for my web browser because of this

John

Re: ie8 favoriets & home page
Make sure some AV or antispy program is not locking your home page etc.

"carz105" <carz105@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Change IE8 back so I can set my own favorites & home page. Every time I
> reboot my computer IE resets my home page to MSN and Bing and ads a whole
> bunch of MSN sites to my favorites bar that I don't want. (I would have
> MSN
> as my home page anyway)
> I am considering switching to Chrome for my web browser because of this
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

undisclosed

Re: ie8 favoriets & home page

Yep, if you have the Bing or MSN toolbar installed you will want to
disable them by going to Tools>Manage-Add ons>and disable those add-ons.
Also, do a virus scan to make sure you haven't picked up some kind of
malware that is changing your home page/favorites.
Any of this help?
-Kyler
IE8 Outreach Team

--
Kyler_IE8_Team

Re: ie8 favoriets & home page
And you would be replying to whom, Kyler?