Re: Where to download Microsoft Virtual Machine?

Re: Where to download Microsoft Virtual Machine?
[Crosspost to IE General newsgroup]

Are you running WinXP SP2 or SP3?

What online application are you trying to use? Is it supported in IE8?

Does this online application run in the Internet zone or Trusted Sites zone?
<=just a question, NOT a suggestion!

Without downloading/installing MS Virtual Machine...

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 &
IE8 in all OSS]

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your

it)?
--
~PA Bear

Eric wrote:
> Java Virtual Machine is selected as default.
> Techician tells me their online application work with their chosen
> Microsoft
> Virtual Machine. Without installing Microsoft Virtual Machine, the delay
> stock price cannot be displayed at all. With Microsoft Virtual Machine,
> the
> delay stock price can be delayed, but the pop message is about " this page
> does not contain HTTPS compatible content, which may harm the web page's
> security. Do you want to view only the safety page content?" They said I
> need to select No for IE8
> Do you have any suggestions on what they are doing? why does Java virtual
> machine not work for their online application?
> Thank everyone very much for any suggestions
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Why did the tech tell you to download any version of Virtual Machine?
>>
>> Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Set Program Access and Defaults |
>> Expand the section that's already checked (e.g., Custom): What's
>> listed/checked in the 'Choose a default virtual machine for Java'
>> section?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> Eric wrote:
>>> IT technician told me to download Microsoft Virtual Machine from
>>> following
>>> link, I prefer to download any tools directly from microsoft rather than
>>> from unknown site. They provide following link to me. Please take a look
>>> whether it is Windows Virtual PC or not. Do you confirm that Windows
>>> Virtual PC is Microsoft Virtual Machine?
>>> http://203.129.71.187/vmdownload/msjavx86.exe
>>> Could you please give me any suggestions?
>>> Thank you very much for any suggestions

<SNIPPAGE>