How to stop IE8 from saving history of searches done?

Morbius

How to stop IE8 from saving history of searches done?
While I like the built-in search bat at the top-right of IE8 (set to Google
on my machine), I don't like that fact that it saves a history of the
searches I performed. I know it does this because as I type in a search
similar to one I've previously done, I see a list of the searches I typed in
earlier that are close. Note that these are not the "suggestions" you can
turn on and off in the search bar...I've already disabled that. But what it
does is remember every search I've previously typed, and attempts to match it
with one of those. For instance, yesterday I searched on
"Racqueballonline.tv". Today, when I started to type in "racquetball" as a
search, it brought up a list showing yesterday's "Racquetballonline.tv"
search as well as a search I did last week for "racquetball gear". I
remember when I had IE7, there was a setting to specifically disable this
saving of previous searches, but I find no such setting in IE8?!? Am I
overlooking this somewhere, or has MS simply made it impossible to keep your
searches from being saved?? If so, I guess I'll have to use another search
method, as I hate this!
Jeff Strickland

Re: How to stop IE8 from saving history of searches done?
I have never ever searched for or been to racquetballonline.tv, and this
comes up as a search suggestion as I type. It's not a result of visiting the
site, or a previous search, because I have never been there nor done a
search.

The search history could be problematic, especially at work, but what you
report isn't a result of the history. I set my browser to delete all history
at the close of each session. Check the settings of TOOLS>OPTIONS>Browsing
History.