Suggestion for IE8 - favorites - (Please)

LLB

Suggestion for IE8 - favorites - (Please)
I noticed that IE8 has lost its "memory" of where I saved my last favorite.
Formerly, when I clicked "add to favorites," IE8 would take me directly to
the last folder into which I saved a link. Now it does not. I am taken back
to the main favorites folder.

Please let me convince you that this causes much extra work and saves none.

Consider: I research one topic at a time, (as do most) and I want to save
to the same folder. Now I must visually search and click down the tree to
find the folder EVERY time - not once as before. Also, before when I wanted
to change folders, I only had to find the new folder ONCE - and starting the
search from the previous folder I used is the same amount of work it takes to
start from the main favorites folder.

Thus...more work, a heap of frustration...and nothing saved.

Please return to the "memory" that IE7 had. Please. Everyone who has a large
complex tree of favorites will thank you.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Suggestion for IE8 - favorites - (Please)

"LLB" <LLB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I noticed that IE8 has lost its "memory" of where I saved my last
> favorite. Formerly, when I clicked "add to favorites," IE8 would take me
> directly to the last folder into which I saved a link. Now it does not. I
> am taken back to the main favorites folder.

Instead of using the Add to Favorites dialog just drag the icon from the
Address bar to wherever you want it to go. You could even open an Explorer
window in the background to be used for that.

> Please let me convince you that this causes much extra work and saves
> none.
>
> Consider: I research one topic at a time, (as do most) and I want to
> save to the same folder. Now I must visually search and click down the
> tree to find the folder EVERY time - not once as before. Also, before
> when I wanted to change folders, I only had to find the new folder
> ONCE - and starting the search from the previous folder I used is the
> same amount of work it takes to start from the main favorites folder.
>
> Thus...more work, a heap of frustration...and nothing saved.
>
> Please return to the "memory" that IE7 had. Please. Everyone who has a
> large complex tree of favorites will thank you.

This is a consequence of a new implementation for tabs which is referred to
as LCIE. For a workaround (with reduced security) you can set a registry
variable called TabProcGrowth to 1 or 0.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---