Win7 can't remember window size of Microsoft apps after update

moonSlice

Win7 can't remember window size of Microsoft apps after update
After I did an update of nVidia 9600 gt driver in Win7 64bit 'Windows
Update', no longer is the window size of ANY Microsoft apps that were open at
the time of the update remembered (after I resize them, then close them then
reopen them).

It didn't affect all apps - Firefox was fine, but Internet Explorer, & all
MS Office apps can no longer remember the size I made their windows.

It didn't help to put the old driver back - in fact it made it worse, as by
then I had even more apps open, and now none of those can't remember the
window size either.

There must be some place in the registry where a change got made for each of
these programs that can be fixed?

Thanks for your help.
--
Jim @ moonSlice
Peter Foldes

Re: Win7 can't remember window size of Microsoft apps after update
Next time crosspost and not multipost your issue to so many different newsgroups

--
Peter

"moonSlice" <moonSlice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After I did an update of nVidia 9600 gt driver in Win7 64bit 'Windows
> Update', no longer is the window size of ANY Microsoft apps that were open at
> the time of the update remembered (after I resize them, then close them then
> reopen them).
>
> It didn't affect all apps - Firefox was fine, but Internet Explorer, & all
> MS Office apps can no longer remember the size I made their windows.
>
> It didn't help to put the old driver back - in fact it made it worse, as by
> then I had even more apps open, and now none of those can't remember the
> window size either.
>
> There must be some place in the registry where a change got made for each of
> these programs that can be fixed?
>
> Thanks for your help.
> --
> Jim @ moonSlice

rob^_^

Re: Win7 can't remember window size of Microsoft apps after update
Hi MoonSlice,

Try first...

1. Close ALL open IE Windows (and ALL open Office Applications)
2. Open one instance of IE (or Office Application) and size it to your
preferences. Close that window to save your preferences.
3. Test by opening a new IE Window (or Office Application).

Second try...

Restart Win7.

The Windows Update site is now telling users to launch it from the Start
menu instead of the IE or Office menus so that other applications are not
affected (sandboxed) while you are doing updates.

Regards.

"moonSlice" <moonSlice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After I did an update of nVidia 9600 gt driver in Win7 64bit 'Windows
> Update', no longer is the window size of ANY Microsoft apps that were open
> at
> the time of the update remembered (after I resize them, then close them
> then
> reopen them).
>
> It didn't affect all apps - Firefox was fine, but Internet Explorer, & all
> MS Office apps can no longer remember the size I made their windows.
>
> It didn't help to put the old driver back - in fact it made it worse, as
> by
> then I had even more apps open, and now none of those can't remember the
> window size either.
>
> There must be some place in the registry where a change got made for each
> of
> these programs that can be fixed?
>
> Thanks for your help.
> --
> Jim @ moonSlice

Dan

Re: Win7 can't remember window size of Microsoft apps after update

"moonSlice" <moonSlice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After I did an update of nVidia 9600 gt driver in Win7 64bit 'Windows
> Update', no longer is the window size of ANY Microsoft apps that were open
> at
> the time of the update remembered (after I resize them, then close them
> then
> reopen them).
>
> It didn't affect all apps - Firefox was fine, but Internet Explorer, & all
> MS Office apps can no longer remember the size I made their windows.
>
> It didn't help to put the old driver back - in fact it made it worse, as
> by
> then I had even more apps open, and now none of those can't remember the
> window size either.
>
> There must be some place in the registry where a change got made for each
> of
> these programs that can be fixed?
>
> Thanks for your help.

I would heartily recommend you go to the nVidia site and download the latest
driver from there. Never use Windows Updates to install graphics drivers!

--
Dan