Clearing History

Geme

Clearing History
When I select Internet Options and Clear History, the history i s cleared
from the History Tab of the favorites section; however, it is not fully
cleared from the drop-down menu on the address toolbar. The drop-down menu
shows the History and the Favorites. Alongside the history sites I selected
the red X delete button and the site disappears; however, when I select the
drop-down menu again, the deleted site is still there. How do I get the
Histroy to delete from the drop-down menu.

Re: Clearing History
Windows version? IE version?

Geme wrote:
> When I select Internet Options and Clear History, the history i s cleared
> from the History Tab of the favorites section; however, it is not fully
> cleared from the drop-down menu on the address toolbar. The drop-down
> menu
> shows the History and the Favorites. Alongside the history sites I
> selected
> the red X delete button and the site disappears; however, when I select
> the
> drop-down menu again, the deleted site is still there. How do I get the
> Histroy to delete from the drop-down menu.

Jeff Strickland

Re: Clearing History

"Geme" <Geme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I select Internet Options and Clear History, the history i s cleared
> from the History Tab of the favorites section; however, it is not fully
> cleared from the drop-down menu on the address toolbar. The drop-down
> menu
> shows the History and the Favorites. Alongside the history sites I
> selected
> the red X delete button and the site disappears; however, when I select
> the
> drop-down menu again, the deleted site is still there. How do I get the
> Histroy to delete from the drop-down menu.

Do you close then reopen the browser?

Robin

Re: Clearing History
In IE8 now the drop-down menu has the red x too so you can delete the ones
you want.