Win7 backup error: Windows Backup skipped I:\ because it cannot be found on drive I:\

captfbgnet

Win7 backup error: Windows Backup skipped I:\ because it cannot be found on drive I:\
After expanding my O/S disk and thus deleting "Disk I" my windows 7 backup
completes successfully but gives me the above error for the previously
deleted Disk. More of an annoyance. I DID have a disk I on the first Backup
file I did before the expansion and I have NOT tried to restore any files,
etc yet. I am looking for a registry or ? change that can fix this and not
necessarily a 'work-around.' My Computer, Device Manager, Win 7 Backup
devices, etc do NOT show any "Disk I." available on the computer. All help
is appreciated.

--
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you

Tom Willett

Re: Win7 backup error: Windows Backup skipped I:\ because it cannot be found on drive I:\
This is an Internet Explorer (browser) newsgroup. Try:
Windows 7 forums
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...egory/w7itpro/

:
: Backup error: Windows Backup skipped I:\ because it cannot be found on
drive
: I:\.
:
:
: --
:
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________
: God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who
you
: let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.
:

Re: Win7 backup error: Windows Backup skipped I:\ because it cannot be found on drive I:\
And you IE question would be...?
--
~PA Bear
Jesus Saves, Moses Invests

captfbgnet wrote:
> After expanding my O/S disk and thus deleting "Disk I" my windows 7 backup
> completes successfully but gives me the above error for the previously
> deleted Disk. More of an annoyance. I DID have a disk I on the first
> Backup
> file I did before the expansion and I have NOT tried to restore any files,
> etc yet. I am looking for a registry or ? change that can fix this and not
> necessarily a 'work-around.' My Computer, Device Manager, Win 7 Backup
> devices, etc do NOT show any "Disk I." available on the computer. All help
> is appreciated.
>
> Backup error: Windows Backup skipped I:\ because it cannot be found on
> drive
> I:\.

captfbgnet

Re: Win7 backup error: Windows Backup skipped I:\ because it cannot be found on drive I:\
Right, sorry about the posting...