Annoying Bing popular searches....

Octavio

Annoying Bing popular searches....
I found that Bing Popular searches is very annoying. I find it sparingly
time consuming. You click to look at something that you want to read, and
you have to keep clicking and you still are not getting what you want. The
process requires too many steps, and I lose my patience.

If Microsoft is trying to market their Bing this way, I think that it is a
near miss.

When I click something, I want to have the link right away., not another
suggestion that I am still not there and that I will have to click again.

So I keep using Google, which is faster, more to the point, and would not
keep me in suspense wondering desperately what is coming next.

And I still keep getting more hits with Google, also.

rob^_^

Re: Annoying Bing popular searches....
Hi Octavio,

Sounds like you have Search Suggestions turned on for Bing and not Google.

Manage Addons - Search Providers, Select Bing, then 'Disable suggestions' on
the bottom pane.

Does that ease the pain?

Regards.

"Octavio" <inquirer@inquirer.com> wrote in message
> I found that Bing Popular searches is very annoying. I find it sparingly
> time consuming. You click to look at something that you want to read, and
> you have to keep clicking and you still are not getting what you want.
> The process requires too many steps, and I lose my patience.
>
> If Microsoft is trying to market their Bing this way, I think that it is a
> near miss.
>
> When I click something, I want to have the link right away., not another
> suggestion that I am still not there and that I will have to click again.
>
> So I keep using Google, which is faster, more to the point, and would not
> keep me in suspense wondering desperately what is coming next.
>
> And I still keep getting more hits with Google, also.

Octavio

Re: Annoying Bing popular searches....
Thanks. I have att now.
I still open MSN sometimes to look at it, since I had it for a long time
before I shifted. The colors and organization of MSN are nice, and I like
to see some of the news there, except when I use Bing suggesting that I open
it. Sometimes I see Bing announcing something that seems interesting, and I
try to open it, but then I never get it straight, they open a set of links
that quite often is not what they originally announced in the first notice,
then you have to click each of these links until you get at what you
originally were looking for (you get a lot of other options/news/gossips
that is not what you originally were looking for, and sometime you do not
care about these other options). It is not a quick or easy search. And
sometimes I get so annoying that I just give up and go back to MSN or just
close it. It think MSN has a problem there. People want to have the hit
the first time. Always happens, it is not a one time isolated experience.
Any way, thanks, I was just trying to make a comment. I do not use it any
way too much.

> Hi Octavio,
>
> Sounds like you have Search Suggestions turned on for Bing and not Google.
>
> Manage Addons - Search Providers, Select Bing, then 'Disable suggestions'
> on the bottom pane.
>
> Does that ease the pain?
>

> Regards.
>
> "Octavio" <inquirer@inquirer.com> wrote in message
>> I found that Bing Popular searches is very annoying. I find it
>> sparingly time consuming. You click to look at something that you want
>> to read, and you have to keep clicking and you still are not getting what
>> you want. The process requires too many steps, and I lose my patience.
>>
>> If Microsoft is trying to market their Bing this way, I think that it is
>> a near miss.
>>
>> When I click something, I want to have the link right away., not another
>> suggestion that I am still not there and that I will have to click again.
>>
>> So I keep using Google, which is faster, more to the point, and would not
>> keep me in suspense wondering desperately what is coming next.
>>
>> And I still keep getting more hits with Google, also.

Octavio

Re: Annoying Bing popular searches....
Just missed your suggestion, so I went back to it and let me ask, where is
where I manage these addons? What dialog box? (I have Vista Ultimate and
use Internet Explorer the latest, I belive)

> Hi Octavio,
>
> Sounds like you have Search Suggestions turned on for Bing and not Google.
>
> Manage Addons - Search Providers, Select Bing, then 'Disable suggestions'
> on the bottom pane.
>
> Does that ease the pain?
>

> Regards.
>
> "Octavio" <inquirer@inquirer.com> wrote in message
>> I found that Bing Popular searches is very annoying. I find it
>> sparingly time consuming. You click to look at something that you want
>> to read, and you have to keep clicking and you still are not getting what
>> you want. The process requires too many steps, and I lose my patience.
>>
>> If Microsoft is trying to market their Bing this way, I think that it is
>> a near miss.
>>
>> When I click something, I want to have the link right away., not another
>> suggestion that I am still not there and that I will have to click again.
>>
>> So I keep using Google, which is faster, more to the point, and would not
>> keep me in suspense wondering desperately what is coming next.
>>
>> And I still keep getting more hits with Google, also.

rob^_^

Re: Annoying Bing popular searches....
Tools>Manage Addons

(work computers may have this disabled by your network administrators).

> Just missed your suggestion, so I went back to it and let me ask, where is
> where I manage these addons? What dialog box? (I have Vista Ultimate and
> use Internet Explorer the latest, I belive)
>
> "rob^_^" <iecustomizer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Octavio,
>>
>> Sounds like you have Search Suggestions turned on for Bing and not
>> Google.
>>
>> Manage Addons - Search Providers, Select Bing, then 'Disable suggestions'
>> on the bottom pane.
>>
>> Does that ease the pain?
>>

>> Regards.
>>
>> "Octavio" <inquirer@inquirer.com> wrote in message
>>> I found that Bing Popular searches is very annoying. I find it
>>> sparingly time consuming. You click to look at something that you want
>>> to read, and you have to keep clicking and you still are not getting
>>> what you want. The process requires too many steps, and I lose my
>>> patience.
>>>
>>> If Microsoft is trying to market their Bing this way, I think that it is
>>> a near miss.
>>>
>>> When I click something, I want to have the link right away., not another
>>> suggestion that I am still not there and that I will have to click
>>> again.
>>>
>>> So I keep using Google, which is faster, more to the point, and would
>>> not keep me in suspense wondering desperately what is coming next.
>>>
>>> And I still keep getting more hits with Google, also.

Re: Annoying Bing popular searches....
Is Windows Live and/or MSN Toolbar installed?