After IE8 install, Outlook 2003 has problems printing HTML tables

John-001967

After IE8 install, Outlook 2003 has problems printing HTML tables
I have seen several posts around the Internet and no fixes for this same
problem. Using XP, IE8 and Outlook 2003 and trying to print an email with an
HTML table in it. The first page of the table prints with a portion of the
right hand margin missing. Subsequent pages print fine. I have tried many,
many tweaks to correct this issue to no avail. So the problem is that the
first page of the table is missing columns to the right. This is a bug, not
a user formatting change. Reverting to IE6 or 7 fixes the problem. Is there
a patch for this?

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...f-015e4ea03110

rob^_^

Re: After IE8 install, Outlook 2003 has problems printing HTML tables
Hi John,

Open the page in Outlook and print it from there. (Outlook will always use
the IE7 Emulation mode). HTML emails may contain non-standard markup from
other Office applications. (MSO conditional comments).
or
From IE8, press the Compatibility View Button. Which internet zone does your
emailed-web page appear in in IE8? (should be restricted zone)

Regardless, web designers can choose what content is printable. It could
always be the designers intent/mistake to hide the column when printing and
mistakenly only doing this for IE 8 browsers.

Print from Outlook.

Regards.

"John-001967" <John-001967@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have seen several posts around the Internet and no fixes for this same
> problem. Using XP, IE8 and Outlook 2003 and trying to print an email with
> an
> HTML table in it. The first page of the table prints with a portion of
> the
> right hand margin missing. Subsequent pages print fine. I have tried
> many,
> many tweaks to correct this issue to no avail. So the problem is that the
> first page of the table is missing columns to the right. This is a bug,
> not
> a user formatting change. Reverting to IE6 or 7 fixes the problem. Is
> there
> a patch for this?
>
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...f-015e4ea03110

Re: After IE8 install, Outlook 2003 has problems printing HTML tables
[<ahem> OL and OE and WLM and WinMail all use the IE print engine, Rob.]

rob^_^ wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> Open the page in Outlook and print it from there. (Outlook will always use
> the IE7 Emulation mode). HTML emails may contain non-standard markup from
> other Office applications. (MSO conditional comments).
> or
> From IE8, press the Compatibility View Button. Which internet zone does
> your
> emailed-web page appear in in IE8? (should be restricted zone)
>
> Regardless, web designers can choose what content is printable. It could
> always be the designers intent/mistake to hide the column when printing
> and
> mistakenly only doing this for IE 8 browsers.
>
> Print from Outlook.
>
> Regards.
>
> "John-001967" <John-001967@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I have seen several posts around the Internet and no fixes for this same
>> problem. Using XP, IE8 and Outlook 2003 and trying to print an email
>> with
>> an
>> HTML table in it. The first page of the table prints with a portion of
>> the
>> right hand margin missing. Subsequent pages print fine. I have tried
>> many,
>> many tweaks to correct this issue to no avail. So the problem is that
>> the
>> first page of the table is missing columns to the right. This is a bug,
>> not
>> a user formatting change. Reverting to IE6 or 7 fixes the problem. Is
>> there
>> a patch for this?
>>
>> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...f-015e4ea03110

Re: After IE8 install, Outlook 2003 has problems printing HTML tables
Your post (I assume) in the referenced IE forum thread contains many more
details when compared to your post in this newsgroup:

<QP>
In my case, it has mysteriously appeared again for me while in the midst of
coding up a media="print" sytle sheet...

Interestingly, the problem does not arise when the webpage is served by my
local development/test server which is XP Pro with Apache.

Also, interestingly, this forum page print-previews and prints fine from IE8
on my system.
</QP>

See my reply to your forum post.
www.banthecheck.com