Windows 7 with IE 8 64 bit problems

Cheryle

Windows 7 with IE 8 64 bit problems
I hope someone can assist me. I'm trying to load two programs on my new
laptop, both seem to have compatibility issues with Windows 7 and/or 64 bit.
How can I change my IE settings to 32 bit.

The two programs are:

Desktop weather (from weather.com)
VZAccess Manager (used to tether my Blackberry for wifi access)

Both seem have an issue with 64 bit, so I wanted to change it to 32 bit but
don't know how.

Appreciate anyone's suggestions or help!

Thanks,
Cheryle
Leonard Grey

Re: Windows 7 with IE 8 64 bit problems
Windows 7 64-bit includes both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Internet
Explorer 8.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Cheryle wrote:
> I hope someone can assist me. I'm trying to load two programs on my new
> laptop, both seem to have compatibility issues with Windows 7 and/or 64 bit.
> How can I change my IE settings to 32 bit.
>
> The two programs are:
>
> Desktop weather (from weather.com)
> VZAccess Manager (used to tether my Blackberry for wifi access)
>
> Both seem have an issue with 64 bit, so I wanted to change it to 32 bit but
> don't know how.
>
> Appreciate anyone's suggestions or help!
>
> Thanks,
> Cheryle

Jeff Strickland

"Cheryle" <Cheryle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I hope someone can assist me. I'm trying to load two programs on my new
> laptop, both seem to have compatibility issues with Windows 7 and/or 64
> bit.
> How can I change my IE settings to 32 bit.
>
> The two programs are:
>
> Desktop weather (from weather.com)
> VZAccess Manager (used to tether my Blackberry for wifi access)
>
> Both seem have an issue with 64 bit, so I wanted to change it to 32 bit
> but
> don't know how.
>
> Appreciate anyone's suggestions or help!
>
> Thanks,
> Cheryle

Internet Explorer is already on your machine in 32- and 64-bit versions. The
64-bit is the default, so you have to drag the 32-bit icon to your Desktop
or Quick Launch Bar.

Click Start>Programs> then scroll the list to Internet Explorer. Notice two
listings, one has (64-bit) following it. You want to run the other one. Hold
the CTRL key and drag the 32-bit IE icon to the desktop or the Quick Launch.

Re: Windows 7 with IE 8 64 bit problems
See this discussion:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...6-a9416d65f981

Cheryle wrote:
> I hope someone can assist me. I'm trying to load two programs on my new
> laptop, both seem to have compatibility issues with Windows 7 and/or 64
> bit.
> How can I change my IE settings to 32 bit.
>
> The two programs are:
>
> Desktop weather (from weather.com)
> VZAccess Manager (used to tether my Blackberry for wifi access)
>
> Both seem have an issue with 64 bit, so I wanted to change it to 32 bit
> but
> don't know how.
>
> Appreciate anyone's suggestions or help!
>
> Thanks,
> Cheryle

mikeyhsd

Re: Windows 7 with IE 8 64 bit problems
change the compatibility setting for the programs.

mikeyhsd@hotmail.com

"mikeyhsd" <mikeyhsd@lamparty.net> wrote in message
change the compatibility setting for the programs.

mikeyhsd@hotmail.com

<JS>
That won't fix the problem.

PS
You're posting HTML and a binary to a Text Only newsgroup. This is poor
form, and you shouldn't be doing it.

</JS>

Jeff Strickland

Re: Windows 7 with IE 8 64 bit problems

> PS
> You're posting HTML and a binary to a Text Only newsgroup. This is poor
> form, and you shouldn't be doing it.
>
> </JS>

Nevermind, I changed my settings so your trangression does not affect me
anymore.