Adobe Flash and/or javascript problems in IE8

Notung

Adobe Flash and/or javascript problems in IE8
I am pretty sure that my "explorers" (I use many different computers with
IE8) are reporting every bit of hangs that I am suffering on a daily basis. I
am also sure that lots of people at Miscrosoft are looking at error reports
and are fully aware of hangs (I can't be just me).
For that reason I can't believe that as of today they (you) haven't reached
a common solution for all of those problems. As I said they are far too
common and not related to a specific site or sites.
So please, raise a little bit your game and find a solution quick, I don't
want to use Firefox or Chrome, I don't like them.

Come on, guys!

P.s.: Adobe is killing you!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

rob^_^

Re: Adobe Flash and/or javascript problems in IE8
Hi Wellhung,

We are not Microsoft. Just hapless community volunteers. I believe that MS
receives some 50Gb of error reports a day and I know that they are up to the
task of monitoring and correcting issues that occur with their software.
(eg. Windows 7 has all the bells and whistles to correct incompatibility
issues automatically).

Microsoft have a competing product to Flash, Silverlight. You can always
remove Adobe products from your machine and be done with it (no Flash Ads,
some streaming 'videos' will not play etc...) and install Silverlight to
only view some of the newer web sites (MSN Video, some Youtube, some AOL
videos) that have taken the new platform on. You can disable the Shockwave
Flash object from the IE Addons Manager to block it in IE, and then use
another browser to view your sites that use it. (this may not block all
'Flash' though).

Adobe has nothing to do with us here. We are volunteers and have no
influence or affiliations with Microsoft or Adobe. Adobe Flash is over 10
years old. All software eventually goes to bit heaven. Software product
lifecycles are usually 3 years, closely matching hardware improvements and
depreciation rates.

Regards.

"Notung" <Notung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am pretty sure that my "explorers" (I use many different computers with
> IE8) are reporting every bit of hangs that I am suffering on a daily
> basis. I
> am also sure that lots of people at Miscrosoft are looking at error
> reports
> and are fully aware of hangs (I can't be just me).
> For that reason I can't believe that as of today they (you) haven't
> reached
> a common solution for all of those problems. As I said they are far too
> common and not related to a specific site or sites.
> So please, raise a little bit your game and find a solution quick, I don't
> want to use Firefox or Chrome, I don't like them.
>
> Come on, guys!
>
> P.s.: Adobe is killing you!
>

> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Jeff Strickland

Re: Adobe Flash and/or javascript problems in IE8

"Notung" <Notung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am pretty sure that my "explorers" (I use many different computers with
> IE8) are reporting every bit of hangs that I am suffering on a daily
> basis. I
> am also sure that lots of people at Miscrosoft are looking at error
> reports
> and are fully aware of hangs (I can't be just me).
> For that reason I can't believe that as of today they (you) haven't
> reached
> a common solution for all of those problems. As I said they are far too
> common and not related to a specific site or sites.
> So please, raise a little bit your game and find a solution quick, I don't
> want to use Firefox or Chrome, I don't like them.
>
> Come on, guys!
>
> P.s.: Adobe is killing you!

Adobe? They have a browser?

Re: Adobe Flash and/or javascript problems in IE8
WTF are you talking about?

Notung wrote:
> I am pretty sure that my "explorers" (I use many different computers with
> IE8) are reporting every bit of hangs that I am suffering on a daily
> basis.
> I am also sure that lots of people at Miscrosoft are looking at error
> reports and are fully aware of hangs (I can't be just me).
> For that reason I can't believe that as of today they (you) haven't
> reached
> a common solution for all of those problems. As I said they are far too
> common and not related to a specific site or sites.
> So please, raise a little bit your game and find a solution quick, I don't
> want to use Firefox or Chrome, I don't like them.
>
> Come on, guys!
>
> P.s.: Adobe is killing you!

Hot-text

Re: Adobe Flash and/or javascript problems in IE8
It good to see Silverlight for Adobe is for the bards _|_ _|_

> Hi Wellhung,
>
> We are not Microsoft. Just hapless community volunteers. I believe that
> MS receives some 50Gb of error reports a day and I know that they are up
> to the task of monitoring and correcting issues that occur with their
> software. (eg. Windows 7 has all the bells and whistles to correct
> incompatibility issues automatically).
>
> Microsoft have a competing product to Flash, Silverlight. You can always
> remove Adobe products from your machine and be done with it (no Flash Ads,
> some streaming 'videos' will not play etc...) and install Silverlight to
> only view some of the newer web sites (MSN Video, some Youtube, some AOL
> videos) that have taken the new platform on. You can disable the Shockwave
> Flash object from the IE Addons Manager to block it in IE, and then use
> another browser to view your sites that use it. (this may not block all
> 'Flash' though).
>

> Adobe has nothing to do with us here. We are volunteers and have no
> influence or affiliations with Microsoft or Adobe. Adobe Flash is over 10
> years old. All software eventually goes to bit heaven. Software product
> lifecycles are usually 3 years, closely matching hardware improvements and
> depreciation rates.
>
> Regards.
>
> "Notung" <Notung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I am pretty sure that my "explorers" (I use many different computers with
>> IE8) are reporting every bit of hangs that I am suffering on a daily
>> basis. I
>> am also sure that lots of people at Miscrosoft are looking at error
>> reports
>> and are fully aware of hangs (I can't be just me).
>> For that reason I can't believe that as of today they (you) haven't
>> reached
>> a common solution for all of those problems. As I said they are far too
>> common and not related to a specific site or sites.
>> So please, raise a little bit your game and find a solution quick, I
>> don't
>> want to use Firefox or Chrome, I don't like them.
>>
>> Come on, guys!
>>
>> P.s.: Adobe is killing you!
>>

>> ----------------
>> "I
>> this
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

Perspicacity

Re: Adobe Flash and/or javascript problems in IE8
Typical PA Bear response... He is undoubtedly the worst MS MVP in Newsgroups.
His responses are either redundant, confusing and like this one, a
non-response
using bad language. With all the problems associated with IE not being able to
open Flash programs without installing Flash/Acitve X each time, he knows
exactly what this poster is talking about. He doesn't have an answer so uses
a condescending remark whish is no help as a reply.. I think the MS in his
case stands for "MOST STUPID"

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> WTF are you talking about?
>
> Notung wrote:
> > I am pretty sure that my "explorers" (I use many different computers with
> > IE8) are reporting every bit of hangs that I am suffering on a daily
> > basis.
> > I am also sure that lots of people at Miscrosoft are looking at error
> > reports and are fully aware of hangs (I can't be just me).
> > For that reason I can't believe that as of today they (you) haven't
> > reached
> > a common solution for all of those problems. As I said they are far too
> > common and not related to a specific site or sites.
> > So please, raise a little bit your game and find a solution quick, I don't
> > want to use Firefox or Chrome, I don't like them.
> >
> > Come on, guys!
> >
> > P.s.: Adobe is killing you!

> .

Re: Adobe Flash and/or javascript problems in IE8
Bite me!

Perspicacity wrote:
> Typical PA Bear response... He is undoubtedly the worst MS MVP in
> Newsgroups. His responses are either redundant, confusing and like this
> one, a non-response
> using bad language. With all the problems associated with IE not being
> able
> to open Flash programs without installing Flash/Acitve X each time, he
> knows
> exactly what this poster is talking about. He doesn't have an answer so
> uses
> a condescending remark whish is no help as a reply.. I think the MS in
> his
> case stands for "MOST STUPID"
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> WTF are you talking about?
>>
>> Notung wrote:
>>> I am pretty sure that my "explorers" (I use many different computers
>>> with
>>> IE8) are reporting every bit of hangs that I am suffering on a daily
>>> basis.
>>> I am also sure that lots of people at Miscrosoft are looking at error
>>> reports and are fully aware of hangs (I can't be just me).
>>> For that reason I can't believe that as of today they (you) haven't
>>> reached
>>> a common solution for all of those problems. As I said they are far too
>>> common and not related to a specific site or sites.
>>> So please, raise a little bit your game and find a solution quick, I
>>> don't
>>> want to use Firefox or Chrome, I don't like them.
>>>
>>> Come on, guys!
>>>
>>> P.s.: Adobe is killing you!

>> .

Tony Linguini

Re: Adobe Flash and/or javascript problems in IE8
The latest flash/IE issue happened to me (Windows Ultimate 64) and I had to
uninstall 10r42_34 and go back to 10r32_18. It was the same issue as 3 times
before over a 2 year period. That is, flash causes explorer to stop
responding and the error is in the flash ocx.
<fwiw>
Tony

> Bite me!
>
> Perspicacity wrote:
>> Typical PA Bear response... He is undoubtedly the worst MS MVP in
>> Newsgroups. His responses are either redundant, confusing and like this
>> one, a non-response
>> using bad language. With all the problems associated with IE not being
>> able
>> to open Flash programs without installing Flash/Acitve X each time, he
>> knows
>> exactly what this poster is talking about. He doesn't have an answer so
>> uses
>> a condescending remark whish is no help as a reply.. I think the MS in
>> his
>> case stands for "MOST STUPID"
>>

>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>
>>> WTF are you talking about?

>>> .

Re: Adobe Flash and/or javascript problems in IE8
Contact Adobe Support.

cf. http://www.adobe.com/support/securit...apsb09-19.html

cf. http://www.adobe.com/support/securit...apsb10-03.html

Tony Linguini wrote:
> The latest flash/IE issue happened to me (Windows Ultimate 64) and I had
> uninstall 10r42_34 and go back to 10r32_18. It was the same issue as 3
> times
> before over a 2 year period. That is, flash causes explorer to stop
> responding and the error is in the flash ocx.
> <fwiw>

Mary

Re: Adobe Flash and/or javascript problems in IE8
Hey PA Bear You are Most Awesome as MS MVP Good Advice! Contact Support! I
have been playing around with this one and what I have found out so far is
that adobe has added some nasty script to block hackers. That what microsoft
actually got blamed for was secretly adobe. Problem is there is no fix for
people running certain browers like windows 8 as of yet. You can read about
it in the adobe forums. I have seen that in windows 8 it has somehow disabled
javascript but if you do it very carefully but clicking on the actual site
and then doing refresh you can enable some of it just not all. It is
definately a work in progress. Love ya PA Bear!
--
GIANT CHOCOLATE CANDY BAR FOR REWARD: FOR ANY INFORMATION LEADING TO THE
JERK WHO WROTE THE ANTIMALWARE VIRUS I''M LOOKING FOR HIM. HE HURT MY