Icons change on IE tabs when using tabbed browsing

Midvale662

Icons change on IE tabs when using tabbed browsing
I've recently begun experiencing issues with the icons assigned to a site
being changed on the tabs during tabbed browsing. For example, when clicking
on NOAA on my favorites bar to look at weather from the NOAA site, I began
getting the Wells Fargo icon on those tabs. The icon is still okay on my
favorites bar, but now consistently shows the WF icon on tabs. I tried
reassigning a new icon to NOAA, and it seemed okay for a while, but now I'm
back to getting WF icons on NOAA tabs. This morning I had a lot of tabs open
and suddenly my Fidelity icon was replaced by the Yahoo icon on my tab. It
was very quickly replaced by the News Public Radio NPR icon. This is
extremely frustrating as I am a very visual person and I rely heavily on the
icons when moving between tabs, which I do a lot. I enjoy using the tabs for
the most part, but will have to stop using them if this continues. Is there
a fix planned for this?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Don Varnau

Re: Icons change on IE tabs when using tabbed browsing
Hi,
Assuming IE7 or IE8...
On the Delete Browsing History screen (Internet Options> General> Browsing
history> Delete) uncheck "Preserve Favorites website data."

Then clear the Temporary Internet Files. This will delete all Favicons. They
will be re-downloaded on your next visit to the site.

Should the Favicon confusion continue, clear the Temporary Internet Files
again and also clear the History.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Midvale662" <Midvale662@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've recently begun experiencing issues with the icons assigned to a site
> being changed on the tabs during tabbed browsing. For example, when

clicking
> on NOAA on my favorites bar to look at weather from the NOAA site, I began
> getting the Wells Fargo icon on those tabs. The icon is still okay on my
> favorites bar, but now consistently shows the WF icon on tabs. I tried
> reassigning a new icon to NOAA, and it seemed okay for a while, but now

I'm
> back to getting WF icons on NOAA tabs. This morning I had a lot of tabs

open
> and suddenly my Fidelity icon was replaced by the Yahoo icon on my tab.

It
> was very quickly replaced by the News Public Radio NPR icon. This is
> extremely frustrating as I am a very visual person and I rely heavily on

the
> icons when moving between tabs, which I do a lot. I enjoy using the tabs

for
> the most part, but will have to stop using them if this continues. Is

there
> a fix planned for this?
>
> ------------
> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft....

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Icons change on IE tabs when using tabbed browsing
"Midvale662" <Midvale662@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7FD8EBE4-0BBE-4D2D-8114-B3DF5ADD3E95@microsoft.com...

> Is there a fix planned for this?

So far it is only seen as an environmental issue I think.

E.g. do you have an indexing service running...

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...4-ab6865f5ac54

Also, your specific symptom might be avoided to some extent
by changing your cache-checking option to Every visit...
(e.g. instead of the default Automatic). However, I tried testing
the idea that Automatic might be a cause for a number of months
and never noticed an instance of your problem symptom.
Normally I always use Every visit...

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...6-dcf07bc28030

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle