INTERNET EXPLORER CANNOT DISPLAY THE GMAIL WEBPAGE

Hank Osiek

INTERNET EXPLORER CANNOT DISPLAY THE GMAIL WEBPAGE
WHY IN THE WORLD CAN NOT THIS BE FIXED????????????

Laur wrote:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
12-Oct-07

I cant open a page in IE7
Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

None of these causes are the problem!!! As I can open pages fine on firefox.
is anyone else having this problem?
I cant unistall it and reinstall it I cant seem to do anything! HELP!!!!

On Friday, October 12, 2007 5:23 AM
Laur wrote:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
I cant open a page in IE7
Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

None of these causes are the problem!!! As I can open pages fine on firefox.
is anyone else having this problem?
I cant unistall it and reinstall it I cant seem to do anything! HELP!!!!

On Friday, October 12, 2007 7:24 AM
Shaw wrote:

Im having the same problem. Luckily have firefox too.
Im having the same problem. Luckily have firefox too. Anyone who is having
this problem cannot even log on to microsoft website to get help. please fix
this problem IE7 running windows vista home (allow). this started happening
after installing the updates. (if you want to fix this problem temp- go to
system restore and go back to when you made the installation. plus my skype
is not connecting now.

"Laura" wrote:

On Friday, October 12, 2007 9:51 AM
Leonard Grey wrote:

Re: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
Use the troubleshooting steps below.

Method 1: Clear cached data.

To determine whether a performance issue or an error message is caused
by corruption in the cached data used by Internet Explorer 7, clear the
cached data:

Open Internet Explorer 7 > Tools > Delete Browsing History > Delete All
> 'Also delete files and settings stored by add-ons' > OK.

Test Internet Explorer to see if it works correctly. If the problem
still occurs, try Method 2.

Method 2: Run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode

Third-party add-ons for Internet Explorer, such as ActiveX controls and
browser toolbars, can cause problems if an add-on is damaged or if an
add-on conflicts with Internet Explorer 7. To determine whether the
error is caused by an add-on, run Internet Explorer 7 in 'No Add-Ons' mode:

For Windows XP:
Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer
(No Add-ons)

For Windows Vista:
Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start Search box > click Internet
Explorer (No Add-Ons)

Test Internet Explorer to see if it works correctly. If the problem
still occurs, try Method 3. If the problem no longer occurs, one (or
more) add-ons is causing the problem. In this case, use the Manage
Add-ons tool to determine which add-on is causing the problem:

1) Open Internet Explorer 7 > Tools > point to Manage Add-ons > click
Enable or Disable Add-ons.

2) In the Show box, select 'Add-ons that have been used by Internet
Explorer' to display all add-ons that are installed on the computer. For
each item in this list, select the add-on, and then click Disable under
Settings. When you have disabled all the items in this list, click OK.

3) Exit and then restart Internet Explorer 7 > Tools > point to Manage
Add-ons > click Enable or Disable Add-ons. Now enable a single add-on,
then exit and restart Internet Explorer 7 to see if it works properly.
Repeat until you determine which add-on causes the problem to occur.

After you have used this process to determine which add-on(s) causes the
problem, disable that add-on or uninstall the software that installed
the add-on. (You won't need to uninstall the software if it gives you
the option of not using a browser add-on.) In any case you should
contact the vendor that provided the add-on for a solution.

Method 3: Reset Internet Explorer 7 settings

A performance issue or an error message may be caused by inappropriate
configuration settings. Reset Internet Explorer 7 to its default (i.e.,
original) configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons,
plug-ins and toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is
quick, it also means that if you want to use any of those add-ons in the
future, they must be reinstalled. To reset Internet Explorer 7 settings:

Open Internet Explorer 7 > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab >
under Reset Internet Explorer Settings, click Reset.

Method 4: Prevent interference by third party security applications

Many third party security applications (security suites, anti-virus
programs, anti-spyware programs, firewalls, etc.) interfere with
Internet Explorer's normal operation to protect your computer from
malicious software. Review your security software's settings to see if
this may be happening to you. If so, you may decide to alter your
program settings.

Method 5: Identify and remove viruses and other malicious software

Issues with Internet Explorer 7 can also be caused by the presence of
viruses or other malicious software, collectively known as malware.
Since malware can be very hard to detect you typically need to scan your
system for malicious software with /several/ of the better online
scanners (Kaspersky, Eset, Trend Micro, Panda, Sophos, Symantec etc.) If
necessary, submit a HiJack This log to one of the expert web sites that
analyze these logs.

Method 6: Undo the changes made by registry cleaners

Issues with Internet Explorer can also be caused by the use of so-called
registry cleaners, which often damage a computer, sometimes irreparably.
If you were using a registry cleaner and it has an undo function, try
undoing the changes that may have caused your problems to occur.

Installation issues:

If you installed IE 7 on Windows XP SP2, you may have a damaged
installation of Internet Explorer 7. In this event try to uninstall IE 7
(which returns you to IE 6) by following these directions:

"How to uninstall Internet Explorer 7"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177

....and...

http://www.ie-vista.com/kbase2.html

and then re-install IE 7 following these directions /exactly/:

http://www.ie-vista.com/known_issues.html#pre-install.

Rather than installing through Microsoft Update, download the IE 7
installer from Microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/dow.../getitnow.mspx

and install directly from your hard disk.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Shawn wrote:

On Friday, October 12, 2007 12:35 PM
Keith wrote:

RE: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
Try troubleshooting with guided help on support.microsoft.com

"Laura" wrote:

On Friday, October 12, 2007 12:45 PM
PA Bear wrote:

Windows version?
Windows version?

Error message after you install a Windows Internet Explorer 7 update from
Windows Update or from Microsoft Update: "Webpage cannot be displayed":
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942818
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear), working offline
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Laura wrote:

On Friday, November 23, 2007 2:40 PM
apprenticeidio wrote:

I wanted to post this as a new thread; but, as the New button refuses to
I wanted to post this as a new thread; but, as the New button refuses to
respond, I have to post this as as a reply in the nearest likely thread.

I am having a similar problem only when trying to to get to a
http://192.168.0.xxxx. The problem, however, is caused by AOL, who has taken
over command of my browser and publishes the message:
"Most likely causes:
"You are not connected to the Internet.
"The website is encountering problems.
"There might be a typing error in the address. "
(all this with its own ads, etc.)
before the device on the other end has had a chance to respond.

How do I give control back to IE7?

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

On Wednesday, December 10, 2008 1:35 PM
F.Karl Simpson wrote:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

I cant open a page in IE7
Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

None of these causes are the problem; I can open pages fine on firefox.

On Wednesday, December 10, 2008 2:05 PM
Leonard Grey wrote:

When asking a question about Internet Explorer we need to know what version of
When asking a question about Internet Explorer we need to know what
version of Windows you have, including the service pack.

When asking about a webpage, we need to know the URL so we can go there
ourselves.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

F.Karl Simpson wrote:

On Sunday, January 04, 2009 9:42 AM
ann edw wrote:

internet explorer
Windows XP home.
Internet explorer 7.
I have the problem that, I keep getting the message that IE cannot display page, even though it has been fine before,and I am still connected to the internet,as in the `status box ` shows I am connected What I have to do is disconnect from the internet and then reconnect , then every thing is fine again.This will happen meny times in a day.
I am on dial up broadband with Orange , it`s the only option available for my area.

On Sunday, January 04, 2009 9:43 AM
ann edw wrote:

internet explorer
Windows XP home.
Internet explorer 7.
I have the problem that, I keep getting the message that IE cannot display page, even though it has been fine before,and I am still connected to the internet,as in the `status box ` shows I am connected What I have to do is disconnect from the internet and then reconnect , then every thing is fine again.This will happen meny times in a day.
I am on dial up broadband with Orange , it`s the only option available for my area.

The Lowly HTTP HEAD Request
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ead-reque.aspx
rob^_^

Re: INTERNET EXPLORER CANNOT DISPLAY THE GMAIL WEBPAGE
Start your own thread Hank and tell us YOUR OS version and service pack
level AND YOUR version of IE and
a full description of YOUR issues with GMAIL and a list of all Google
software installed on YOUR machine.