EI8 doesn’t remember where last file was saved.

Silverbird

EI8 doesn’t remember where last file was saved.
Hi,
I have been trying IE8 off and on ever since its release, but I still prefer
IE7. I actually like IE8 but for one little problem; it will not remember
where I saved the last file, well actually I’m wrong, EI8 remembers where I
saved the last file but only when it wants to. I like to save pictures of my
favorite Celebrities and I do a lot of it, so since EI8 won’t remember where
the file in which I saved the last picture was, I have to go through the long
and hard process of telling it where to save the picture on almost every
picture. So if you guys can fix this small problem I would be using EI8 right
now.
Thanks for hearing me out,
Matt

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: EI8 doesn't remember where last file was saved.

"Silverbird" <Silverbird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95A01E49-667F-491F-A5B2-12F566661E87@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I have been trying IE8 off and on ever since its release, but I still prefer
> IE7. I actually like IE8 but for one little problem; it will not remember
> where I saved the last file, well actually I'm wrong, EI8 remembers where I
> saved the last file but only when it wants to. I like to save pictures of my
> favorite Celebrities and I do a lot of it, so since EI8 won't remember where
> the file in which I saved the last picture was, I have to go through the long
> and hard process of telling it where to save the picture on almost every
> picture. So if you guys can fix this small problem I would be using EI8 right
> now.
> Thanks for hearing me out,
> Matt

This is a consequence of the new LCIE task management implementation.
Setting TabProcGrowth = 0 would give you more "IE7 in XP"-like behaviour.
E.g. I suspect if you opened a second IE7 window it wouldn't have any knowledge
of what you had been doing in the first window. In IE8 since new tabs can be
implemented by new tasks we see the same effect more frequently in the same
window.

---

FiOS-Dave

Re: EI8 doesn't remember where last file was saved.
Using Win7, drag a copy of IE8 to the Taskbar.
When you right click that icon, you will see a list of
most recently accessed files. Just click the one you want.

Dave