Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working

W. K. Mahler, Mahlers.Com

Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close
the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Internet Explorer 8

I get that message daily, at least 3 times a day, regardless of where I
surf.

I'm told it is Skype (http://www.skype.com) related but I have the latest
Skype too.

Uninstall Skype?

Microsoft have fix yet?

Skype's page doesn't list one - yet that I can find.

--
W. K. Mahler
"Merry Christmas To You" MP3 http://www.mahlers.com

Re: Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working
Always state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3;
Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in an IE-specific forum or
newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.
www.banthecheck.com

W. K. Mahler, Mahlers.Com wrote:
> A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will
> close
> the program and notify you if a solution is available.
>
> Internet Explorer 8
>
> I get that message daily, at least 3 times a day, regardless of where I
> surf.
>
> I'm told it is Skype (http://www.skype.com) related but I have the latest
> Skype too.
>
> Uninstall Skype?
>
> Microsoft have fix yet?
>
> Skype's page doesn't list one - yet that I can find.

W. K. Mahler, Mahlers.Com

Re: Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working
Version: 8.0.6001.18828
Cipher Strength: 256-bit

Windows Vista Home Premium w/sp2, 32-bit

--
> Always state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3;
> Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in an IE-specific forum
> or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> www.banthecheck.com
>

> W. K. Mahler, Mahlers.Com wrote:
>> A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will
>> close
>> the program and notify you if a solution is available.
>>
>> Internet Explorer 8
>>
>> I get that message daily, at least 3 times a day, regardless of where I
>> surf.
>>
>> I'm told it is Skype (http://www.skype.com) related but I have the latest
>> Skype too.
>>
>> Uninstall Skype?
>>
>> Microsoft have fix yet?
>>
>> Skype's page doesn't list one - yet that I can find.

Re: Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working
IE in No Add-ons mode:

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer's (No Add-ons) Mode:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
IE8?

it)?

W. K. Mahler, Mahlers.Com wrote:
> Version: 8.0.6001.18828
>
> Windows Vista Home Premium w/sp2, 32-bit
>
>> Always state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3;
>> Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in an IE-specific forum
>> or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.
>>
>> W. K. Mahler, Mahlers.Com wrote:
>>> A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will
>>> close
>>> the program and notify you if a solution is available.
>>>
>>> Internet Explorer 8
>>>
>>> I get that message daily, at least 3 times a day, regardless of where I
>>> surf.
>>>
>>> I'm told it is Skype (http://www.skype.com) related but I have the
>>> latest
>>> Skype too.
>>>
>>> Uninstall Skype?
>>>
>>> Microsoft have fix yet?
>>>
>>> Skype's page doesn't list one - yet that I can find.

W. K. Mahler, Mahlers.Com

Re: Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working
I removed Skype.
I've not tried No Add Ons mode yet.
I've not tried Reset IE Advanced Settings RIES
I use Microsofts Anti Virus, up to date too.
I use Defender & Windows Firewall.
All were running in the background
A trial version of Norton 360 was removed a long, long time ago.

--
> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To start
> IE in No Add-ons mode:

> Explorer (No add-ons).
>
> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer's (No Add-ons) Mode:

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
>
> 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
> Were any of these applications running in the background when you
> installed IE8?
>
> 4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
> it)?
>

> W. K. Mahler, Mahlers.Com wrote:
>> Version: 8.0.6001.18828
>>
>> Windows Vista Home Premium w/sp2, 32-bit
>>
>>> Always state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3;
>>> Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in an IE-specific
>>> forum
>>> or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.

Re: Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working
One assumes uninstalling Skype Toolbar resolved the problem. That being
said...

> A trial version of Norton 360 was removed a long, long time ago.

1. Download the Norton Removal Tool, saving it to your desktop:
ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/englis...moval_Tool.exe

2. Close all open applications (i.e., anything with an icon on the taskbar).

3. Right-click on the file you saved in #1 above and select Run as
Administrator to run the utility. Don't TOUCH your keyboard until the run
completes, then reboot.