IE 8 Shut down

Eric

IE 8 Shut down
IE 8 on my laptop running windows 7 keeps stall for a long time and crash if
I open more than 4 browser tabs or windows. I know it is not a physical
machine issue, since it has 4GB of ram. It doesn't happen to my old desktop
running Windows 7 with IE 7. Does anyone know what might be the issue?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Re: IE 8 Shut down
And your suggestion was...?

Please tell us more about this "old desktop running Windows 7 [sic] with
IE7."

Eric wrote:
> IE 8 on my laptop running windows 7 keeps stall for a long time and crash
> if
> I open more than 4 browser tabs or windows. I know it is not a physical
> machine issue, since it has 4GB of ram. It doesn't happen to my old
> desktop
> running Windows 7 with IE 7. Does anyone know what might be the issue?

Singapore Computer Service

Re: IE 8 Shut down
Hello,

Try running IE8 with add-ons disabled.

Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer (No
Add-ons) to start IE8 without any add-ons. Try using the browser and see if
the same problem arises.

If the problem does not occur again, start IE8 normally, go to Tools (if the
menu bar does not appear, hit the Alt key on the keyboard) > Manage Add-ons.
Disable all the add-ons under 'Toolbars and Extensions'. Enable each add-on
one at each time and see if the problem occurs again. Once it occurs again
after enabling an add-on, you have nailed the culprit.

If you are not even able to start IE8 normally, go to Start > Control Panel
> Internet Options > Programs, Manage add-ons and you can disable all the

add-ons manually there.

Regards,
Singapore Computer Home Repair Service
"Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> IE 8 on my laptop running windows 7 keeps stall for a long time and crash
> if
> I open more than 4 browser tabs or windows. I know it is not a physical
> machine issue, since it has 4GB of ram. It doesn't happen to my old
> desktop
> running Windows 7 with IE 7. Does anyone know what might be the issue?
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Re: IE 8 Shut down
[OMG, he's BAAAACK! <plonk>]

Singapore Computer Service wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Try running IE8 with add-ons disabled.
>
> Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Internet Explorer
> (No
> Add-ons) to start IE8 without any add-ons. Try using the browser and see
> if
> the same problem arises.
>
> If the problem does not occur again, start IE8 normally, go to Tools (if
> the
> menu bar does not appear, hit the Alt key on the keyboard) > Manage
> Add-ons.
> Disable all the add-ons under 'Toolbars and Extensions'. Enable each
> add-on
> one at each time and see if the problem occurs again. Once it occurs again
> after enabling an add-on, you have nailed the culprit.
>
> If you are not even able to start IE8 normally, go to Start > Control
> Panel
>> Internet Options > Programs, Manage add-ons and you can disable all the
>> add-ons manually there.

> Regards,
> Singapore Computer Home Repair Service
> http://www.bootstrike.com/ComputerService/
> Video Conversion VHS Video8 Hi8 Digital8 MiniDv MicroMv
> http://www.bootstrike.com/VHSVideoConvert/
> "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> IE 8 on my laptop running windows 7 keeps stall for a long time and crash
>> if
>> I open more than 4 browser tabs or windows. I know it is not a physical
>> machine issue, since it has 4GB of ram. It doesn't happen to my old
>> desktop
>> running Windows 7 with IE 7. Does anyone know what might be the issue?
>>
>> ----------------
>> "I
>> this
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

jedab

RE: IE 8 Shut down
i have this same type of problem and all the gurus on here have attitude
about ie8 problems. i have done EVERY SINGLE suggestion that i see posted for
ie8 problems BEFORE coming here for help. and all i find is everything ive
tried already and attitude because i dont want to do it all over again. the
problem is ie8 not we end users who have always been able to solve the issue
but this time cant.
good luck with ie8...im just hoping MS comes out with a good browser again
cuz this one sure aint.