ie8 "error on page"

Jim Ormsbee

ie8 "error on page"
Using ie8 whenever I click on links that are supposed to pop up a new window,
nothing happens, and I see in the status bar "error on page". This has been
the case for for Win 7 RC and now for Win 7 Ultimate Build 7600. In fact I'm
using Firefox 3.5.5 to send this message because when I click on 'New' in ie8
I have this problem. Also whenever I click on any link in ie8, it does not
work unless I hold the Ctrl or Shift key down.
--
Jim Ormsbee
Jeff Strickland

Re: ie8 "error on page"
Try using the 32-bit version of IE.

Using CTRL or Shift bypasses the security settings -- it is an
acknowledgement by you that what you want to do is okay and the security
settings should not be applied to the action. Look at TOOLS>OPTIONS and see
if your Security is set to HIGH. Try a reduced setting and see if it solves
your problems.

"Jim Ormsbee" <JimOrmsbee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using ie8 whenever I click on links that are supposed to pop up a new
> window,
> nothing happens, and I see in the status bar "error on page". This has
> been
> the case for for Win 7 RC and now for Win 7 Ultimate Build 7600. In fact
> I'm
> using Firefox 3.5.5 to send this message because when I click on 'New' in
> ie8
> I have this problem. Also whenever I click on any link in ie8, it does
> not
> work unless I hold the Ctrl or Shift key down.
> --
> Jim Ormsbee

Re: ie8 "error on page"
1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
subscription current, and is it supported in Win7? What anti-spyware
IE8?

it)?
www.banthecheck.com

Jim Ormsbee wrote:
> Using ie8 whenever I click on links that are supposed to pop up a new
> window, nothing happens, and I see in the status bar "error on page".
> This
> has been the case for for Win 7 RC and now for Win 7 Ultimate Build 7600.
> In fact I'm using Firefox 3.5.5 to send this message because when I click
> on 'New' in ie8 I have this problem. Also whenever I click on any link in
> ie8, it does not work unless I hold the Ctrl or Shift key down.

Flip

RE: ie8 "error on page"

"Jim Ormsbee" wrote:

> Using ie8 whenever I click on links that are supposed to pop up a new window,
> nothing happens, and I see in the status bar "error on page". This has been
> the case for for Win 7 RC and now for Win 7 Ultimate Build 7600. In fact I'm
> using Firefox 3.5.5 to send this message because when I click on 'New' in ie8
> I have this problem. Also whenever I click on any link in ie8, it does not
> work unless I hold the Ctrl or Shift key down.
> --
> Jim Ormsbee

Flip

RE: ie8 "error on page"

"Flip" wrote:
Jim,
Same problem here, no solution (yet)!

grtz.
Flip (Netherlands)

Jim Ormsbee" wrote:

> > Using ie8 whenever I click on links that are supposed to pop up a new window,
> > nothing happens, and I see in the status bar "error on page". This has been
> > the case for for Win 7 RC and now for Win 7 Ultimate Build 7600. In fact I'm
> > using Firefox 3.5.5 to send this message because when I click on 'New' in ie8
> > I have this problem. Also whenever I click on any link in ie8, it does not
> > work unless I hold the Ctrl or Shift key down.
> > --
> > Jim Ormsbee

Flip

Re: ie8 "error on page"
Jim,
this one has "has done the job" for me!

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...b-b69b8535a7bb
(OnyXx did it)

(in "Taskmanager" IE8 seems to be loaded SIX times, had to close them down
manually, but now it's.......WOW!).
Flip

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

> 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
> subscription current, and is it supported in Win7? What anti-spyware
> Were any of these applications running in the background when you installed
> IE8?
>
> 4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
> it)?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> www.banthecheck.com
>

> Jim Ormsbee wrote:
> > Using ie8 whenever I click on links that are supposed to pop up a new
> > window, nothing happens, and I see in the status bar "error on page".
> > This
> > has been the case for for Win 7 RC and now for Win 7 Ultimate Build 7600.
> > In fact I'm using Firefox 3.5.5 to send this message because when I click
> > on 'New' in ie8 I have this problem. Also whenever I click on any link in
> > ie8, it does not work unless I hold the Ctrl or Shift key down.

> .

Re: ie8 "error on page"
Are you running Win7 64-bit? Is Jim?

Flip wrote:
> Jim,
> this one has "has done the job" for me!
>
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...b-b69b8535a7bb
> (OnyXx did it)
>
> (in "Taskmanager" IE8 seems to be loaded SIX times, had to close them down
> manually, but now it's.......WOW!).
> Flip
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?
>>
>> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:

>> 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed, is your
>> subscription current, and is it supported in Win7? What anti-spyware
>> applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?
>> Were any of these applications running in the background when you
>> installed
>> IE8?
>>
>> 4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
>> bought
>> it)?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> www.banthecheck.com
>>

>> Jim Ormsbee wrote:
>>> Using ie8 whenever I click on links that are supposed to pop up a new
>>> window, nothing happens, and I see in the status bar "error on page".
>>> This
>>> has been the case for for Win 7 RC and now for Win 7 Ultimate Build
>>> 7600.
>>> In fact I'm using Firefox 3.5.5 to send this message because when I
>>> click
>>> on 'New' in ie8 I have this problem. Also whenever I click on any link
>>> in
>>> ie8, it does not work unless I hold the Ctrl or Shift key down.

Flip

Re: ie8 "error on page"
Yes, but I use IE8 32-bit, because there is no flashplayer forIE8 64-bit.

Flip.