Cannot open internet options from tools, desktop or anywhere help

fred lee

bo wrote:

Cannot open internet options from tools, desktop or anywhere help
14-Jul-07

--
bob logsdon

On Saturday, July 14, 2007 5:36 PM
bo wrote:

Cannot open internet options from tools, desktop or anywhere help
--
bob logsdon

On Saturday, July 14, 2007 7:07 PM
PA Bear wrote:

Re: Cannot open internet options from tools, desktop or anywhere help
Please see this page http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm then post back to this
thread with the information we'd need to be able to assist you properly.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org

"bob" <bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Saturday, July 14, 2007 8:10 PM
Gistchecki wrote:

Windows Operating System?
Windows Operating System?

If Vista and it worked before, do a system restore
If Windows XP, uninstall which will roll you back to IE6 and reinstall IE7
--
Gistcheckin

"bob" wrote:

On Sunday, July 15, 2007 12:26 PM
Edwar wrote:

I have the same problem in Windows Server 2003 - when I try to view internet
I have the same problem in Windows Server 2003 - when I try to view internet
options I get an error message that the operation has been cancelled due to
restrictions on the computer. Does anyone know what those restrictions might
be or how I can remove them? Thank you, Edward.

"Gistcheckin" wrote:

On Sunday, July 15, 2007 4:56 PM
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM wrote:

Re: Cannot open internet options from tools, desktop or anywhere help
"bob" <bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Close IE.
Open Regedit.
Find the value NoBrowserOptions and remove every instance of it.
It is most likely (but not necessarily) to be here:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Inte rnet Explorer\Restrictions

You might try this from Mike Burgess first if you use SpyBot:
'Did you by chance run SpyBot's Immunize feature?
If so, you can unlock by unchecking the option to "Protect IE Control
Panel".
See http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?showtopic=6748

AdAware, MS Anti-Spyware and other anti-spyware and anti-virus programs may
have similar options.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com

On Sunday, July 15, 2007 11:34 PM
edward_j_5 wrote:

Re: Cannot open internet options from tools, desktop or anywhere h
Frank:
I did not see Internet Explorer under Microsoft (just Office and System
Certificates were under Software\Policies|Microsoft). However, now nothing
happens at all when I try to open Internet Explorer - the browser fails to
even open. The mouse icon changes briefly as if registering the click then
goes back to normal. When I turn on the computer I receive a message that
Internet Explorer needed to close giving me a chance to send an error report
to Microsoft, so I sent the report and that is when Internet Explorer failed
to open when I clicked on its icon. Could there be some other registry
problem preventing the browser from opening? Thank you, Edward.
--
Have a great day.

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM" wrote:

On Monday, July 16, 2007 9:07 AM
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM wrote:

Did you do anything while you were there?
Did you do anything while you were there?
Did you search for the value NoBrowserOptions?

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com

On Monday, July 16, 2007 11:18 PM
edward_j_5 wrote:

Re: Cannot open internet options from tools, desktop or anywhere h
Frank:
I searched for NoBrowserOptions but could not find it. I did find Internet
Explorer under HKCurrentUser\Software\Microsoft but could not locate
NoBrowserOptions. Maybe I can get an IE 7 CD from a computer store and use it
to install IE 7 over again. I currently see IE 7 in Add or Remove Programs in
Control Panel but when I select IE 7 in Add or Remove Programs there is no
remove button on it. Would I have to remove the current IE 7 before trying to
install it from a new CD. If so, I'm not sure how to remove the current
installation. I have a dual operating system and IE 7 works on XP (C drive)
but not on Server 2003 (D drive). I would thus be attempting to install IE 7
from a CD into the D drive. Thank you for any advice, Edward.
--
Have a great day.

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM" wrote:

On Tuesday, April 21, 2009 2:34 PM
vicky block wrote:

cannot open internet options
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

On Friday, December 04, 2009 10:44 PM
fred lee wrote:

internet option could not open from notebook
Cannot open internet options from tools, desktop or anywhere help.

Using the MS Text Driver to read Delimited Files
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...xt-driver.aspx