Can't make post in newsgroups

Megaton

Can't make post in newsgroups
Can't click the "New" to get a drop down menu. "All threads" doesn't work
neither. I can only "Reply". Anyone know what's going on?

ps: this post is done by firefox
Leonard Grey

Re: Can't make post in newsgroups
Read this newsgroup and all newsgroups the way they were intended to be
read: with a newsreader, not a web interface.

Tell us what version of Windows you have (include the service pack
number) and we'll show you which newsreader is available to you free
from Microsoft and how to set it up in a few E-Z steps.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Megaton wrote:
> Can't click the "New" to get a drop down menu. "All threads" doesn't work
> neither. I can only "Reply". Anyone know what's going on?
>
> ps: this post is done by firefox

Re: Can't make post in newsgroups
Always state your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3;
Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7 RC; Win7) when posting in an IE-specific forum or
newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.

Megaton wrote:
> Can't click the "New" to get a drop down menu. "All threads" doesn't work
> neither. I can only "Reply". Anyone know what's going on?
>
> ps: this post is done by firefox

Megaton

Re: Can't make post in newsgroups
My system is XP SP3.
It was completely fine 2 weeks ago. I don't know if it's because a certain
patch or not.
Thanks Leo

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Read this newsgroup and all newsgroups the way they were intended to be
> read: with a newsreader, not a web interface.
>
> Tell us what version of Windows you have (include the service pack
> number) and we'll show you which newsreader is available to you free
> from Microsoft and how to set it up in a few E-Z steps.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Megaton wrote:
> > Can't click the "New" to get a drop down menu. "All threads" doesn't work
> > neither. I can only "Reply". Anyone know what's going on?
> >
> > ps: this post is done by firefox

> .

Leonard Grey

Re: Can't make post in newsgroups
"Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader"
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm

Please, my name is not Leo.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Megaton wrote:
> My system is XP SP3.
> It was completely fine 2 weeks ago. I don't know if it's because a certain
> patch or not.
> Thanks Leo
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> Read this newsgroup and all newsgroups the way they were intended to be
>> read: with a newsreader, not a web interface.
>>
>> Tell us what version of Windows you have (include the service pack
>> number) and we'll show you which newsreader is available to you free
>> from Microsoft and how to set it up in a few E-Z steps.
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> Megaton wrote:
>>> Can't click the "New" to get a drop down menu. "All threads" doesn't work
>>> neither. I can only "Reply". Anyone know what's going on?
>>>
>>> ps: this post is done by firefox

>> .

N. Miller

On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 23:20:01 -0800, Megaton wrote:

> "Leonard Grey" wrote:

>> Megaton wrote:

>>> Can't click the "New" to get a drop down menu. "All threads" doesn't work
>>> neither. I can only "Reply". Anyone know what's going on?
>>>
>>> ps: this post is done by firefox

>> Read this newsgroup and all newsgroups the way they were intended to be
>> read: with a newsreader, not a web interface.
>>
>> Tell us what version of Windows you have (include the service pack
>> number) and we'll show you which newsreader is available to you free
>> from Microsoft and how to set it up in a few E-Z steps.

> My system is XP SP3.
> It was completely fine 2 weeks ago. I don't know if it's because a certain
> patch or not.

Perhaps something changed with an "add-on". Try starting IE (which version?)
without add-ons. Or, maybe, the site doesn't like IE 6, and you have not
moved beyond.

I prefer Leonard's approach, however; use a proper NNTP client. The
HTTP-to-NNTP thingy run by Microsoft is problematic under the best
circumstances. These groups are not "web forums" (HTTP is the web protocol),
they are "news groups" (NNTP is the news protocol).

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

Re: Can't make post in newsgroups