Compatability View Drives Me Nuts

waykey

Compatability View Drives Me Nuts
Windows XP SP-3
IE8
NIS 2009
Dell Vostro 200-slimline
Intel Core 2 Duo
2,048.0 Mb Ram
160 Gb HD (93% avail.)
All updates current, set on "Auto update"

I have on far too many occasions been interrupted while blogging by a
message saying "Compatibility View has encountered an error and will now
refresh to Compatibility View". No error explanation is forthcoming, and this
always happens after the page has been open for several minutes. It
furthermore always happens while I have several tabs for the same website
loaded, and have read and closed any number of pages which are identical
other than the subject text. Each time this happens, when I open
Tools>Compatibility View Settings I find the website listed even though I
removed it the last time this occurred. After waiting for the page to
refresh, I find it exactly identical to the one I was reading when this
happened.

I gotta tell ya, I was extremely happy with IE7 and NIS 2007; no bugs, no
interruptions and nothing beyond a tracking cookie has ever been found on my
computer; now with the upgrades I'm constantly frustrated. Is there anything
I can do that will make my computing pleasant again?

Jeff Strickland

Re: Compatability View Drives Me Nuts

"waykey" <waykey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Windows XP SP-3
> IE8
> NIS 2009
> Dell Vostro 200-slimline
> Intel Core 2 Duo
> 2,048.0 Mb Ram
> 160 Gb HD (93% avail.)
> All updates current, set on "Auto update"
>
> I have on far too many occasions been interrupted while blogging by a
> message saying "Compatibility View has encountered an error and will now
> refresh to Compatibility View". No error explanation is forthcoming, and
> this
> always happens after the page has been open for several minutes. It
> furthermore always happens while I have several tabs for the same website
> loaded, and have read and closed any number of pages which are identical
> other than the subject text. Each time this happens, when I open
> Tools>Compatibility View Settings I find the website listed even though I
> removed it the last time this occurred. After waiting for the page to
> refresh, I find it exactly identical to the one I was reading when this
> happened.
>
> I gotta tell ya, I was extremely happy with IE7 and NIS 2007; no bugs, no
> interruptions and nothing beyond a tracking cookie has ever been found on
> my
> computer; now with the upgrades I'm constantly frustrated. Is there
> anything
> I can do that will make my computing pleasant again?

You could disable the Compatibility View. I have never used Compatibitly
View. Well, that's not entirely true. I used it for a few hours when I first
installed IR8 (I never used IE7). I got that error a couple of times, so I
simply turn Compatibility View off and have never looked back.

waykey

Re: Compatability View Drives Me Nuts
It has been turned off all along.

"Jeff Strickland" wrote:

> "waykey" <waykey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Windows XP SP-3
> > IE8
> > NIS 2009
> > Dell Vostro 200-slimline
> > Intel Core 2 Duo
> > 2,048.0 Mb Ram
> > 160 Gb HD (93% avail.)
> > All updates current, set on "Auto update"
> >
> > I have on far too many occasions been interrupted while blogging by a
> > message saying "Compatibility View has encountered an error and will now
> > refresh to Compatibility View". No error explanation is forthcoming, and
> > this
> > always happens after the page has been open for several minutes. It
> > furthermore always happens while I have several tabs for the same website
> > loaded, and have read and closed any number of pages which are identical
> > other than the subject text. Each time this happens, when I open
> > Tools>Compatibility View Settings I find the website listed even though I
> > removed it the last time this occurred. After waiting for the page to
> > refresh, I find it exactly identical to the one I was reading when this
> > happened.
> >
> > I gotta tell ya, I was extremely happy with IE7 and NIS 2007; no bugs, no
> > interruptions and nothing beyond a tracking cookie has ever been found on
> > my
> > computer; now with the upgrades I'm constantly frustrated. Is there
> > anything
> > I can do that will make my computing pleasant again?
> >

> You could disable the Compatibility View. I have never used Compatibitly
> View. Well, that's not entirely true. I used it for a few hours when I first
> installed IR8 (I never used IE7). I got that error a couple of times, so I
> simply turn Compatibility View off and have never looked back.
>

> .

VanguardLH

waykey wrote:

> Jeff Strickland wrote:
>
>> You could disable the Compatibility View.

> It has been turned off all along.

Is below where you disabled Compatibility View?

Internet Options -> Advanced tab -> Browsing
"Automatically recover from page layout errors with Compatibility View"