Cannot change homepage

jdsmull

Cannot change homepage
(Win 7 64, 2 tb hd, 4 gig ram)

My home page has change to es-msn.com have tried to change it. Checked for
malware, checked my Avast AV to see it it locked my home page, found nothing.
What are the registry changes I need to change my homepage?
Bob

Re: Cannot change homepage
Was Norton pre-installed?

"jdsmull" <jdsmull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> (Win 7 64, 2 tb hd, 4 gig ram)
>
> My home page has change to es-msn.com have tried to change it. Checked
> for
> malware, checked my Avast AV to see it it locked my home page, found
> nothing.
> What are the registry changes I need to change my homepage?

Re: Cannot change homepage
Is MSN Toolbar and/or MSN 9.6 or MSN 10.0 installed?

jdsmull wrote:
> (Win 7 64, 2 tb hd, 4 gig ram)
>
> My home page has change to es-msn.com have tried to change it. Checked
> for
> malware, checked my Avast AV to see it it locked my home page, found
> nothing. What are the registry changes I need to change my homepage?

jdsmull

Re: Cannot change homepage
No norton, I uninstalled MSN

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Is MSN Toolbar and/or MSN 9.6 or MSN 10.0 installed?
>
> jdsmull wrote:
> > (Win 7 64, 2 tb hd, 4 gig ram)
> >
> > My home page has change to es-msn.com have tried to change it. Checked
> > for
> > malware, checked my Avast AV to see it it locked my home page, found
> > nothing. What are the registry changes I need to change my homepage?

> .

jdsmull

RE: Cannot change homepage
No norton or MSn toolbar

"Bob" wrote:

> Was Norton pre-installed?
>
> "jdsmull" <jdsmull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > (Win 7 64, 2 tb hd, 4 gig ram)
> >
> > My home page has change to es-msn.com have tried to change it. Checked
> > for
> > malware, checked my Avast AV to see it it locked my home page, found
> > nothing.
> > What are the registry changes I need to change my homepage?

> .

Bob

Re: Cannot change homepage
I don't know how thoroughly you checked for malware, but you might want to
check out these MVP sites:

http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.php

> No norton or MSN
>
> "Bob" wrote:
>
>> Was Norton pre-installed?
>>
>> "jdsmull" <jdsmull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > (Win 7 64, 2 tb hd, 4 gig ram)
>> >
>> > My home page has change to es-msn.com have tried to change it. Checked
>> > for
>> > malware, checked my Avast AV to see it it locked my home page, found
>> > nothing.
>> > What are the registry changes I need to change my homepage?

>> .

jdsmull

Re: Cannot change homepage
I use Avast, Win Defender, and Spybot. None of them found anything. I will
check these sites also.

"Bob" wrote:

> I don't know how thoroughly you checked for malware, but you might want to
> check out these MVP sites:
>
> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
> Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive software.
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315
> http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
> http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/darnit.html
> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.php
>
> "jdsmull" <jdsmull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > No norton or MSN
> >
> > "Bob" wrote:
> >
> >> Was Norton pre-installed?
> >>
> >> "jdsmull" <jdsmull@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

Bob Lucas

Re: Cannot change homepage
Spybot includes an optional add-on named Tea-Timer. If you have
activated the tea-timer add-on, it can prevent changes to the
registry. I'm not sure whether Tea Timer might also prevent you
from changing your home page. No guarantees, but you could try
the following steps:

Open Spybot Search & Destroy - and select Advanced Mode.

Click on Tools / Resident.

Remove the check from the box marked "Resident Tea Timer" - to
disable the add-on.

Close Spybot. Then, try to change your home page.

If that doesn't resolve your problem, repeat the previous steps -
and enable Tea Timer.