Internet Explorer 8 Scrolls to bottom

Rev.Ed

Internet Explorer 8 Scrolls to bottom
I am running Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7. Anytime I open a link in a
new tab, it scrolls if not to the bottom of the page, then at least half way.
It's annoying. What causes that scrolling and, more importantly, how do I
fix it so it won't scroll?

Ed
Don Varnau

Re: Internet Explorer 8 Scrolls to bottom
Hi,
Start Internet Explorer without add-ons by right-clicking the IE icon on the
desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
or
from Start> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no
add-ons)
If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on installed.

For troubleshooting information see:

Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Rev.Ed" <Rev.Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am running Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7. Anytime I open a link in a
> new tab, it scrolls if not to the bottom of the page, then at least half

way.
> It's annoying. What causes that scrolling and, more importantly, how do

> fix it so it won't scroll?
>
> Ed

frankie

Re: Internet Explorer 8 Scrolls to bottom
I have this problem too - it seems to occur where there are pages
with forums, which I put down to using Roboform.

Don't know whether this helps.

"Rev.Ed" <Rev.Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am running Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7. Anytime I open a link in a
> new tab, it scrolls if not to the bottom of the page, then at least half
> way.
> It's annoying. What causes that scrolling and, more importantly, how do I
> fix it so it won't scroll?
>
> Ed

Sue J Thomas

Re: Internet Explorer 8 Scrolls to bottom
I also have this problem. Have eliminated add ons and it still scrolls
down.
Any ideas?
thanks,
Sue
"frankie" <heatonNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have this problem too - it seems to occur where there are pages
> with forums, which I put down to using Roboform.
>
> Don't know whether this helps.
>

> "Rev.Ed" <Rev.Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I am running Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7. Anytime I open a link in
>> new tab, it scrolls if not to the bottom of the page, then at least half
>> way.
>> It's annoying. What causes that scrolling and, more importantly, how do
>> fix it so it won't scroll?
>>
>> Ed

Sue J Thomas

Re: Internet Explorer 8 Scrolls to bottom
Oh.....xp sp2; ie7
"Sue J Thomas" <sueastro@optonline.net> wrote in message
>I also have this problem. Have eliminated add ons and it still scrolls
>down.
> Any ideas?
> thanks,
> Sue
> "frankie" <heatonNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have this problem too - it seems to occur where there are pages
>> with forums, which I put down to using Roboform.
>>
>> Don't know whether this helps.
>>

>> "Rev.Ed" <Rev.Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I am running Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7. Anytime I open a link in
>>> new tab, it scrolls if not to the bottom of the page, then at least half
>>> way.
>>> It's annoying. What causes that scrolling and, more importantly, how do
>>> fix it so it won't scroll?
>>>
>>> Ed

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Internet Explorer 8 Scrolls to bottom
Besides add-ons mouse properties are a suspected cause of this symptom.

---