Keyboard characters being skipped/missed when typing on internet eg internet mail packages, username/password info

Brian Taylor

Keyboard characters being skipped/missed when typing on internet eg internet mail packages, username/password info

>I have a problem in that on both my new desktop PC and laptop (both with MS
> Vista and IE6) typed characters are not carrying on to the screen. Very
> annoying when trying to type long e-mails inevitabley having to type
> message
> in Word then cut and paste into internet e-mail package. Very frustrating
> when signing into sites with username/password access and you keep getting
> barred because of a missing character - easily spotted in username but not
> password when only *** show.
>
> Any help appreciated
>
> Regards
> Brian

There is a solution!"

http://mail.spaminspector.com

Don Varnau

Re: Keyboard characters being skipped/missed when typing on internet eg internet mail packages, username/password info
Hi,
Start Internet Explorer without add-ons by right-clicking the IE icon on the
desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
or
from Start> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no
add-ons)
If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on installed.

For troubleshooting information see:
IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorerís (No Add-ons) Mode:

Windows Vista Help- Internet Explorer add-ons frequently asked questions:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f9b7e1033.mspx

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Brian Taylor" <brian@btaylor.go-plus.net> wrote in message

> >I have a problem in that on both my new desktop PC and laptop (both with

MS
> > Vista and IE6) typed characters are not carrying on to the screen. Very
> > annoying when trying to type long e-mails inevitabley having to type
> > message
> > in Word then cut and paste into internet e-mail package. Very

frustrating
> > when signing into sites with username/password access and you keep

getting
> > barred because of a missing character - easily spotted in username but

not
> > password when only *** show.
> >
> > Any help appreciated
> >
> > Regards
> > Brian

Brian Taylor

Re: Keyboard characters being skipped/missed when typing on internet eg internet mail packages, username/password info
Thanks Don.

New to this sort of thing and only just found your message. Trying to sort
out based on your info. Will let you know how I get on.

Regards

Brian Taylor