After Upgrade to Windows 7; No Internet Connection

denmarfl

After Upgrade to Windows 7; No Internet Connection
Running W7 Home prem 32bit\IE 8

After Upgrade to W7 I no longer had an Interent Connection. I could not
connect at all be it with IE8 or Outlook. My other 2 PC's on network
connected Fine so my Service is Fine. The network Icon in the Taskbar shows
a Yellow Triangle with an Excamation mark in it. When I ran "ipconfig" in a
CMD Window under Gateway......I saw "0.0.0.0" with the correct IP address
UNDER this. No one seems to know what 0.0.0.0. even means...but whatever it
means, it means NO Internet connection because that is the result. I worked
with Microsoft tech and they were unable to resolve. I reached out to
several resources and NetGear (the Wireless Router I use) instructed me to go
to Network Properties and chnage from OBTAIN AUTOMATICALLY to USE ONLY THE
FOLLOWING IP ADDRESSES......in otherwords, they directed to to create STATIC
settings...and the Windows 7 Desktop (which is Wired) connects to the
Internet Fine.

Using ths STATIC settings is a work around, its not the fix. has anyone
experienced this issue and if so, fixed the issue...and if so, I would
appreciate steps you took to correct. I did download the latest Intel Driver
for my onboard Motherboard network card and that did not fix the issue.
Sir_George

Re: After Upgrade to Windows 7; No Internet Connection
Check in services for a process called "Bonjour". If it is there, disable it
and reboot. The process is used by Adobe and Itunes, but is generally not
necessary.

Instructions for the above;

1. Left click the the "Start" button
2. In the "Search Program and Files" caption box type "Services".
3. Select "Services" (exactly as typed here) in the list results.
4. When in the "Services List" scroll to "Bonjour Service" right click it
and select "Properties" and in the "Startup Type" click the down arrow and
select "Disable".
5. OK your way out of "Services" and reboot the computer.

Let me know how things go for you.

--
Sir_George

"denmarfl" <denmarfl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Running W7 Home prem 32bit\IE 8
>
> After Upgrade to W7 I no longer had an Interent Connection. I could not
> connect at all be it with IE8 or Outlook. My other 2 PC's on network
> connected Fine so my Service is Fine. The network Icon in the Taskbar
> shows
> a Yellow Triangle with an Excamation mark in it. When I ran "ipconfig" in
> CMD Window under Gateway......I saw "0.0.0.0" with the correct IP address
> UNDER this. No one seems to know what 0.0.0.0. even means...but whatever
> it
> means, it means NO Internet connection because that is the result. I
> worked
> with Microsoft tech and they were unable to resolve. I reached out to
> several resources and NetGear (the Wireless Router I use) instructed me to
> go
> to Network Properties and chnage from OBTAIN AUTOMATICALLY to USE ONLY THE
> FOLLOWING IP ADDRESSES......in otherwords, they directed to to create
> STATIC
> settings...and the Windows 7 Desktop (which is Wired) connects to the
> Internet Fine.
>
> Using ths STATIC settings is a work around, its not the fix. has anyone
> experienced this issue and if so, fixed the issue...and if so, I would
> appreciate steps you took to correct. I did download the latest Intel
> Driver
> for my onboard Motherboard network card and that did not fix the issue.

Re: After Upgrade to Windows 7; No Internet Connection
Why can’t I connect to the Internet?:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/W...o-the-internet

TIP: Seek support for this problem here instead =>
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...etwork/threads

denmarfl wrote:
> Running W7 Home prem 32bit\IE 8
>
> After Upgrade to W7 I no longer had an Interent Connection. I could not
> connect at all be it with IE8 or Outlook. My other 2 PC's on network
> connected Fine so my Service is Fine. The network Icon in the Taskbar
> shows
> a Yellow Triangle with an Excamation mark in it. When I ran "ipconfig" in
> CMD Window under Gateway......I saw "0.0.0.0" with the correct IP address
> UNDER this. No one seems to know what 0.0.0.0. even means...but whatever
> it
> means, it means NO Internet connection because that is the result. I
> worked
> with Microsoft tech and they were unable to resolve. I reached out to
> several resources and NetGear (the Wireless Router I use) instructed me to
> go to Network Properties and chnage from OBTAIN AUTOMATICALLY to USE ONLY
> THE FOLLOWING IP ADDRESSES......in otherwords, they directed to to create
> STATIC settings...and the Windows 7 Desktop (which is Wired) connects to
> the
> Internet Fine.
>
> Using ths STATIC settings is a work around, its not the fix. has anyone
> experienced this issue and if so, fixed the issue...and if so, I would
> appreciate steps you took to correct. I did download the latest Intel
> Driver for my onboard Motherboard network card and that did not fix the
> issue.

tedpath

Re: After Upgrade to Windows 7; No Internet Connection
I have the same issue and tried disabling Bonjour. it did not fix the
connectivity issue.