IE8 on Vista - few sites unbrowsable

Abhishek Padmanabh

IE8 on Vista - few sites unbrowsable
Hi,

Sorry if this has been posted before but I tried disabling all add-ons
and still IE8 has trouble with few of the websites, especially
youtube, facebook, rediff and few others.

I am running IE 8.0.6001.18828 on Vista Ultimate with all latest
updates. I have AVG installed and tried a few online scans, and
couldn't find anything especially wrong.

I have Firefox and Chrome, and the same websites open and work
perfectly fine with those.

Is there something I can do to fix IE, some way to troubleshoot it or
is just dumping it is the only realistic option other than doing a
format and clean build of the PC (which I don't want to do right now).

Cheers for any help/tips/tricks/suggestions over this.

Thanks and regards!
Abhishek Padmanabh

Re: IE8 on Vista - few sites unbrowsable
On Nov 27, 11:09*pm, Abhishek Padmanabh <abhishek.padman...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry if this has been posted before but I tried disabling all add-ons
> and still IE8 has trouble with few of the websites, especially
> youtube, facebook, rediff and few others.
>
> I am running IE 8.0.6001.18828 on Vista Ultimate with all latest
> updates. I have AVG installed and tried a few online scans, and
> couldn't find anything especially wrong.
>
> I have Firefox and Chrome, and the same websites open and work
> perfectly fine with those.
>
> Is there something I can do to fix IE, some way to troubleshoot it or
> is just dumping it is the only realistic option other than doing a
> format and clean build of the PC (which I don't want to do right now).
>
> Cheers for any help/tips/tricks/suggestions over this.
>
> Thanks and regards!

Sorry and by not being browsable I mean, DEP brings down the browser
and if I restart with the previous set of open tabs, it goes down
again.

On Nov 27, 11:13*pm, Abhishek Padmanabh <abhishek.padman...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Nov 27, 11:09*pm, Abhishek Padmanabh <abhishek.padman...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > Hi,

> > Sorry if this has been posted before but I tried disabling all add-ons
> > and still IE8 has trouble with few of the websites, especially
> > youtube, facebook, rediff and few others.

> > I am running IE 8.0.6001.18828 on Vista Ultimate with all latest
> > updates. I have AVG installed and tried a few online scans, and
> > couldn't find anything especially wrong.

> > I have Firefox and Chrome, and the same websites open and work
> > perfectly fine with those.

> > Is there something I can do to fix IE, some way to troubleshoot it or
> > is just dumping it is the only realistic option other than doing a
> > format and clean build of the PC (which I don't want to do right now).

> > Cheers for any help/tips/tricks/suggestions over this.

> > Thanks and regards!

> Sorry and by not being browsable I mean, DEP brings down the browser
> and if I restart with the previous set of open tabs, it goes down
> again.- Hide quoted text -

Was just trying to browse the microsoft KB and same happening a couple
of times till I gave up! http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900906/en-us
What's happening... :-)
Robert Aldwinckle

"Abhishek Padmanabh" <abhishek.padmanabh@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Sorry and by not being browsable I mean, DEP brings down the browser
> and if I restart with the previous set of open tabs, it goes down
> again.- Hide quoted text -

Was just trying to browse the microsoft KB and same happening a couple
of times till I gave up! http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900906/en-us
What's happening... :-)

Are you implying a DEP exception occurred when opening that page?
What are the details? That page opens in No Add-ons mode;
so if you get the same problem symptom then it means the problem
module is not a normal IE extension and you will have to resort to full
clean boot troubleshooting procedures to figure out what it is.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Re: IE8 on Vista - few sites unbrowsable
1. Uninstall AVG & reboot.

2. Do a a clean install of AVG (Free) v9.0 (not an upgrade), opting for a
CUSTOM install and do NOT install Linkscanner, Search-Shield, Active
Surf-Shield, Security toolbar, or any of the email scanning components.

http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tuto...ning/index.htm

On Nov 28, 4:58*am, "Robert Aldwinckle" <rob...@techemail.com> wrote:
> "Abhishek Padmanabh" <abhishek.padman...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Sorry and by not being browsable I mean, DEP brings down the browser
> > and if I restart with the previous set of open tabs, it goes down
> > again.- Hide quoted text -

> Was just trying to browse the microsoft KB and same happening a couple
> of times till I gave up!http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900906/en-us
> What's happening... :-)
>
> Are you implying a *DEP exception occurred when opening that page?
> What are the details? *That page opens in No Add-ons mode;
> so if you get the same problem symptom then it means the problem
> module is not a normal IE extension and you will have to resort to full
> clean boot troubleshooting procedures to figure out what it is.
>
> Good luck
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---

Yes, Robert. It does even after disabling all add-ons. What is
involved in full clean boot troubleshotting? Thanks for your response.
Abhishek Padmanabh

Re: IE8 on Vista - few sites unbrowsable
Thanks. I will try this next weekend. Will let the thread know how it
goes and if it makes any difference.

On Nov 28, 7:55*am, "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. Uninstall AVG & reboot.
>
> 2. Do a a clean install of AVG (Free) v9.0 (not an upgrade), opting for a
> CUSTOM install and do NOT install Linkscanner, Search-Shield, Active
> Surf-Shield, Security toolbar, or any of the email scanning components.
>
> Why you don't need your anti-virus to scan your emailhttp://thundercloud.net/infoave/tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm
>
> Abhishek Padmanabh wrote:
> > Hi,

> > Sorry if this has been posted before but I tried disabling all add-ons
> > and still IE8 has trouble with few of the websites, especially
> > youtube, facebook, rediff and few others.

> > I am running IE 8.0.6001.18828 on Vista Ultimate with all latest
> > updates. I have AVG installed and tried a few online scans, and
> > couldn't find anything especially wrong.

> > I have Firefox and Chrome, and the same websites open and work
> > perfectly fine with those.

> > Is there something I can do to fix IE, some way to troubleshoot it or
> > is just dumping it is the only realistic option other than doing a
> > format and clean build of the PC (which I don't want to do right now).

> > Cheers for any help/tips/tricks/suggestions over this.

> > Thanks and regards!

feranm_ie8team

Re: IE8 on Vista - few sites unbrowsable
Some sites are not yet compliant with the new technology in IE8, so
compatibility mode was included in IE8 to allow you to emulate IE7 or IE 6 to
view the page. . You could also make sure that the site is listed under your
'Trusted Sites' if you have secure browsing enabled. Here is a link to show
you how to run IE8 in compatibility mode:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956197/

-Kyler
IE Outreach Team