I.E 8 performance question

gdawilson

I.E 8 performance question
Is there anything that I can do to make my I.E 8 run faster? It takes about a
minute to load up my home page (google.ca) upon start-up; and when I click on
one of my bookmarked pages (on the toolbar) I.E's so slow at loading the
pages!

Another question. When I click Add-Ons, a window pops open but I can't see
any of the add-ons (I can't scroll down or left/right to see the list;
everythings blocked off). Anyway that I can fix this?
Peter Foldes

Re: I.E 8 performance question
And what might your Operating System be and at what SP level. How much RAM and how
much empty space on HD

--
Peter

"gdawilson" <gdawilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there anything that I can do to make my I.E 8 run faster? It takes about a
> minute to load up my home page (google.ca) upon start-up; and when I click on
> one of my bookmarked pages (on the toolbar) I.E's so slow at loading the
> pages!
>
> Another question. When I click Add-Ons, a window pops open but I can't see
> any of the add-ons (I can't scroll down or left/right to see the list;
> everythings blocked off). Anyway that I can fix this?

philo

gdawilson wrote:
> Is there anything that I can do to make my I.E 8 run faster? It takes about a
> minute to load up my home page (google.ca) upon start-up; and when I click on
> one of my bookmarked pages (on the toolbar) I.E's so slow at loading the
> pages!
>
> Another question. When I click Add-Ons, a window pops open but I can't see
> any of the add-ons (I can't scroll down or left/right to see the list;
> everythings blocked off). Anyway that I can fix this?

I found IE8 to be a bit of a crap-shoot for XP machines.

On about half the machines IE 8 worked great and the pages loaded faster...

On the other half not only did IE8 run generally poorly...
in some instances the systems became unstable.
On those systems I simply uninstalled IE 8 and went back to IE7

If you need to uninstall IE8 the installation should go smoothly...
just be sure not to use System Restore
gdawilson

Re: I.E 8 performance question
OS: Windows Vista Home Premium
Ram: 1 GB
Space avail: 30.1 GBs

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> And what might your Operating System be and at what SP level. How much RAM and how
> much empty space on HD
>
> --
> Peter

> "gdawilson" <gdawilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there anything that I can do to make my I.E 8 run faster? It takes about a
> > minute to load up my home page (google.ca) upon start-up; and when I click on
> > one of my bookmarked pages (on the toolbar) I.E's so slow at loading the
> > pages!
> >
> > Another question. When I click Add-Ons, a window pops open but I can't see
> > any of the add-ons (I can't scroll down or left/right to see the list;
> > everythings blocked off). Anyway that I can fix this?

> .

Re: I.E 8 performance question
Why is Internet Explorer 8 slower than I expect it to be?
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...4-25ceede4f7d6

gdawilson wrote:
> OS: Windows Vista Home Premium
> Ram: 1 GB
> Space avail: 30.1 GBs
>
> "Peter Foldes" wrote:
>
>> And what might your Operating System be and at what SP level. How much
>> RAM
>> and how much empty space on HD
>>
>> --
>> Peter

>> "gdawilson" <gdawilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Is there anything that I can do to make my I.E 8 run faster? It takes
>>> about a minute to load up my home page (google.ca) upon start-up; and
>>> when I click on one of my bookmarked pages (on the toolbar) I.E's so
>>> slow
>>> at loading the pages!
>>>
>>> Another question. When I click Add-Ons, a window pops open but I can't
>>> see any of the add-ons (I can't scroll down or left/right to see the
>>> list;
>>> everythings blocked off). Anyway that I can fix this?

>> .

Bob Eyster

Re: I.E 8 performance question
"gdawilson" <gdawilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there anything that I can do to make my I.E 8 run faster? It takes
> about a
> minute to load up my home page (google.ca) upon start-up; and when I click
> on
> one of my bookmarked pages (on the toolbar) I.E's so slow at loading the
> pages!
>
> Another question. When I click Add-Ons, a window pops open but I can't
> see
> any of the add-ons (I can't scroll down or left/right to see the list;
> everythings blocked off). Anyway that I can fix this?

More memory. I had a gig of RAM and increased it to 2 gigs and noticed a
major improvement in IE8. IE8 speed in startup and loading web pages
increased about 70% +/-

--
Bob Eyster
Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 - 32 Bit - IE8

undisclosed

Re: I.E 8 performance question

One trick that has worked for a lot of people is to run your IE8 with
Add-ons disabled - 'IEBlog : Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer?s (No
Add-ons) Mode' (http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx)

You can also reset IE 8's settings by going to Tools > Internet
Options,
then the 'Advanced' tab, and then clicking the 'Reset...' button. That
may
work

Hope that helps.

-Kyler