Internet Explorer won't open

Jerry

Internet Explorer won't open
Windows XP Home SP3 Internet Explorer 7
Windows explorer will not open, Hour Glass turns a few times and then just
quits, what should I check?
I copied the file iexplore.exe from another computer to a CD, I installed
the CD on the computer with the non-working IE and clicked on the icon on
the CD and IE fired right up, any ideas?

--
Jerry

Bob

Re: Internet Explorer won't open
Ideas about what? You already solved the problem.

"Jerry" <user@mail.com> wrote in message
> Windows XP Home SP3 Internet Explorer 7
> Windows explorer will not open, Hour Glass turns a few times and then just
> quits, what should I check?
> I copied the file iexplore.exe from another computer to a CD, I installed
> the CD on the computer with the non-working IE and clicked on the icon on
> the CD and IE fired right up, any ideas?
>
> --
> Jerry

Jerry

Re: Internet Explorer won't open
Not really, I don't want to run the IE from a CD drive, if I copy it over to
the program files it does not work again. I want to fix it so it works as
its suppose to.

"Bob" <bob@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> Ideas about what? You already solved the problem.
>
> "Jerry" <user@mail.com> wrote in message
>> Windows XP Home SP3 Internet Explorer 7
>> Windows explorer will not open, Hour Glass turns a few times and then
>> just quits, what should I check?
>> I copied the file iexplore.exe from another computer to a CD, I installed
>> the CD on the computer with the non-working IE and clicked on the icon on
>> the CD and IE fired right up, any ideas?
>>
>> --
>> Jerry

Patrick Palczewski

Re: Internet Explorer won't open
Have you tried downloading IE from Microsoft and reinstalling it again?

--
Patrick P.
www.boydcomputersvcs.com

> Not really, I don't want to run the IE from a CD drive, if I copy it over
> to the program files it does not work again. I want to fix it so it works
> as its suppose to.
>
> "Bob" <bob@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>> Ideas about what? You already solved the problem.
>>
>> "Jerry" <user@mail.com> wrote in message
>>> Windows XP Home SP3 Internet Explorer 7
>>> Windows explorer will not open, Hour Glass turns a few times and then
>>> just quits, what should I check?
>>> I copied the file iexplore.exe from another computer to a CD, I
>>> installed the CD on the computer with the non-working IE and clicked on
>>> the icon on the CD and IE fired right up, any ideas?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jerry

Jerry

Re: Internet Explorer won't open
Yes, but I think I'll try it again tomorrow when I have more time.

"Patrick Palczewski" <psychiatrist@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Have you tried downloading IE from Microsoft and reinstalling it again?
>
> --
> Patrick P.
> www.boydcomputersvcs.com
>
> "Jerry" <user@mail.com> wrote in message
>> Not really, I don't want to run the IE from a CD drive, if I copy it over
>> to the program files it does not work again. I want to fix it so it works
>> as its suppose to.
>>
>> "Bob" <bob@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>>> Ideas about what? You already solved the problem.

Don Varnau

Re: Internet Explorer won't open
Hi,
Start Internet Explorer without add-ons by right-clicking the IE icon on the
desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
or
from Start> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no
add-ons)
If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on installed.

For troubleshooting information see:
IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorerís (No Add-ons) Mode:

Uninstalling/reinstalling IE7 may help (per another post.) If SP3 was
installed after IE7, you will have to remove SP3 before uninstalling IE7.
See: IEBlog- IE and Windows XP Service Pack 3:

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Jerry" <user@mail.com> wrote in message
> Windows XP Home SP3 Internet Explorer 7
> Windows explorer will not open, Hour Glass turns a few times and then just
> quits, what should I check?
> I copied the file iexplore.exe from another computer to a CD, I installed
> the CD on the computer with the non-working IE and clicked on the icon on
> the CD and IE fired right up, any ideas?
>
> -
> Jerry

Don Varnau

Re: Internet Explorer won't open
Hi,
Start Internet Explorer without add-ons by right-clicking the IE icon on the
desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
or
from Start> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no
add-ons)
If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on installed.

For troubleshooting information see:
IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorerís (No Add-ons) Mode:

Uninstalling/reinstalling IE7 may help (per another post.) If SP3 was
installed after IE7, you will have to remove SP3 before uninstalling IE7.
See: IEBlog- IE and Windows XP Service Pack 3:

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Jerry" <user@mail.com> wrote in message
> Windows XP Home SP3 Internet Explorer 7
> Windows explorer will not open, Hour Glass turns a few times and then just
> quits, what should I check?
> I copied the file iexplore.exe from another computer to a CD, I installed
> the CD on the computer with the non-working IE and clicked on the icon on
> the CD and IE fired right up, any ideas?
>
> -
> Jerry

Bob

Re: Internet Explorer won't open
Run sfc /scannow

http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html

"Jerry" <user@mail.com> wrote in message
> Not really, I don't want to run the IE from a CD drive, if I copy it over
> to the program files it does not work again. I want to fix it so it works
> as its suppose to.
>
> "Bob" <bob@nowhere.net> wrote in message
>> Ideas about what? You already solved the problem.
>>
>> "Jerry" <user@mail.com> wrote in message
>>> Windows XP Home SP3 Internet Explorer 7
>>> Windows explorer will not open, Hour Glass turns a few times and then
>>> just quits, what should I check?
>>> I copied the file iexplore.exe from another computer to a CD, I
>>> installed the CD on the computer with the non-working IE and clicked on
>>> the icon on the CD and IE fired right up, any ideas?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jerry

Re: Internet Explorer won't open
What third-party firewall (if any)?

Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
it)?