Maximized

pooh53175

Maximized
I have Vista Home (came with the computer).
I just installed ie8, now my shortcuts (Facebook, MSN, etc.) will not open
maximized. Normal ie shortcut opens maximized (as I have the setting setup to
do so). I do NOT want to click and drag to “trick” my screen into full size;
I want it to do it to its full capacity – every time.
When I click on another shortcut, it opens in a new window. I want them to
open maximized in the same window. (Yes, I have changed the settings within
my internet options). When I click on a link within a webpage (and I hold
down the clrl key) it will open in a new tab (as it should).
I have gone into the registry in two locations:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main; delete the key:
Window_Placement
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Document
Window\Maximized\yes
In addition, I close my ie via the File-Close options.
I do NOT want to install some shareware/freeware to get it fixed.

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND WITH ANYTHING I HAVE DONE AS STATED ABOVE!
--
Italia

Re: Maximized
Delete your current "shortcuts" and make new ones from a "maximized" window:
Does the behavior persist?

Are you running Vista, Vista SP1, or Vista SP2? Is it Vista 64-bit?

Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
it)?

pooh53175 wrote:
> I have Vista Home (came with the computer).
> I just installed ie8, now my shortcuts (Facebook, MSN, etc.) will not open
> maximized. Normal ie shortcut opens maximized (as I have the setting setup
> to do so). I do NOT want to click and drag to “trick” my screen into full
> size; I want it to do it to its full capacity – every time.
> When I click on another shortcut, it opens in a new window. I want them to
> open maximized in the same window. (Yes, I have changed the settings
> within
> my internet options). When I click on a link within a webpage (and I hold
> down the clrl key) it will open in a new tab (as it should).
> I have gone into the registry in two locations:
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main; delete the
> key:
> Window_Placement
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Document
> Window\Maximized\yes
> In addition, I close my ie via the File-Close options.
> I do NOT want to install some shareware/freeware to get it fixed.
>
> PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND WITH ANYTHING I HAVE DONE AS STATED ABOVE!

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Maximized

"pooh53175" <pooh53175@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72CE602B-9F3F-439D-9066-3291C50EA2F1@microsoft.com...
>I have Vista Home (came with the computer).
> I just installed ie8, now my shortcuts (Facebook, MSN, etc.) will not open maximized.

That's not a precise enough description. You probably mean Internet Shortcuts,
aka .URL files.

> Normal ie shortcut opens maximized (as I have the setting setup to do so).

Also imprecise. Probably this means you have some Desktop shortcuts
aka .lnk files whose Properties Run: field has been set to Maximized.

> I do NOT want to click and drag to "trick" my screen into full size;
> I want it to do it to its full capacity - every time.

> When I click on another shortcut, it opens in a new window. I want them to
> open maximized in the same window. (Yes, I have changed the settings within
> my internet options).

More imprecision. What all settings are you referring to?
And where are these shortcuts? FWIW I have one in my Start menu
which I use to ensure that I do get a new task which necessarily
means a new window.

> When I click on a link within a webpage (and I hold
> down the clrl key) it will open in a new tab (as it should).
> I have gone into the registry in two locations:
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main; delete the key:
> Window_Placement
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Document
> Window\Maximized\yes

I suspect the only solution which would satisfy all your restrictions
would be to know how to zap those values appropriately, not delete them.
It would be far easier to use a tool to set them appropriately,
which apparently you have decided you won't use.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---