IE8 and "Diagnose Connection Problems"

RSTAAF

IE8 and "Diagnose Connection Problems"
Dear Sir,
I'm experiencing a very annoying problem when using IE8(since a couple of
weeks back).
I could start a session browsing the internet using different URLs with
no problem, suddenly the connection fails and the screen with "Diagnose
connection problems" appears. If I'm very persistent and press the "refresh"
button repeatedly the web page loads again, if I open a new tab, same problem
again. Open close IE8, same problem.
I have two other computers connected via wlan to the same router and the
same problem occurs at the same time on those computers. I have swapped the
router but the problem comes back anyway.
For some reason the problem comes and goes.
My feeling is that it is a problem at the DSL side(telephone line/station
etc.) and not in the router/computers etc.(I have seen in the router event
log, xDSL down only once)
What can I do? Is there anyway to trap the event that lead up to this problem?
Please help!
Kind regards Robert
philo

Re: IE8 and "Diagnose Connection Problems"
RSTAAF wrote:
> Dear Sir,
> I'm experiencing a very annoying problem when using IE8(since a couple of
> weeks back).
> I could start a session browsing the internet using different URLs with
> no problem, suddenly the connection fails and the screen with "Diagnose
> connection problems" appears. If I'm very persistent and press the "refresh"
> button repeatedly the web page loads again, if I open a new tab, same problem
> again. Open close IE8, same problem.
> I have two other computers connected via wlan to the same router and the
> same problem occurs at the same time on those computers. I have swapped the
> router but the problem comes back anyway.
> For some reason the problem comes and goes.
> My feeling is that it is a problem at the DSL side(telephone line/station
> etc.) and not in the router/computers etc.(I have seen in the router event
> log, xDSL down only once)
> What can I do? Is there anyway to trap the event that lead up to this problem?
> Please help!
> Kind regards Robert

The problem does not appear to be anything to do with Internet Explorer.

If you are having a problem with your ISP take the issue up with them.
Bogey Man

Re: IE8 and "Diagnose Connection Problems"
Call your ISP and request that they run a diagnostic on your connection
while you are connected. I did this and it turned out that the telephone
company had a problem in my area that they were not aware of.

"RSTAAF" <RSTAAF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear Sir,
> I'm experiencing a very annoying problem when using IE8(since a couple of
> weeks back).
> I could start a session browsing the internet using different URLs with
> no problem, suddenly the connection fails and the screen with "Diagnose
> connection problems" appears. If I'm very persistent and press the
> "refresh"
> button repeatedly the web page loads again, if I open a new tab, same
> problem
> again. Open close IE8, same problem.
> I have two other computers connected via wlan to the same router and the
> same problem occurs at the same time on those computers. I have swapped
> the
> router but the problem comes back anyway.
> For some reason the problem comes and goes.
> My feeling is that it is a problem at the DSL side(telephone line/station
> etc.) and not in the router/computers etc.(I have seen in the router event
> log, xDSL down only once)
> What can I do? Is there anyway to trap the event that lead up to this
> problem?
> Please help!
> Kind regards Robert

RudyR

RE: IE8 and "Diagnose Connection Problems"
I have a similar problem; XP Pro SP-3 and IE8. My machine uses the
motherboard e-net jack to connect to a DSL modem (and the internet). I have
a NIC installed in a PCI slot that connects to a home LAN (of two computers).
I am not using ICS. When IE is opened, it goes right to the designated home
page. At the first attempt to go to another web site, IE starts trying to
use the home LAN and reports it can't open the web page. The only way I can
find to keep IE working is to disable the NIC that is connected to the home
LAN. With the NIC disabled, IE works just fine and all is well.

I can find no way to tell IE what network it should use. Is there some
setting somewhere that can make this kind of assignment?
--
Thanks,
Rudy R